fin.

isohel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"do you still dream of that time?"

 

a lone pebble rolls to the low grasses, bouncing off as it dips into the quiet stream. wheein spreads out her hand to the sky, blocking the subtle sunshine that is hidden behind the grey clouds. she feels as if there is something in this kind of sunshine— warmth that is just right, yet there is something missing in it.

 

she lowers slightly, the sunshine striking her eye making her close one in reaction to the sudden brightness. "i still do. it's hard to forget anyways." she replies, mind wandering somewhere else.

 

"it's been like, what, three years already? yeah, three whole years had already passed, wheein."

 

"so what? it's not like i offended anyone, did i?"

 

wheein earns a sigh in response. she sees another pebble rolling down the fields before she can hear her stand up, dusting off her pants. "it's quite the opposite, so you're wrong about that."

 

"i know, hyejin-ah." she retracts her hand to finally face her bestfriend.

 

"yet you choose to stay here, as if all the time in the world has stopped for you." hyejin says, a brow raised for emphasis. she walks away, leaving wheein alone. "it's about time that you live, wheein. live for yourself." her voice fades along the spring breeze.

 

it is wheein's turn now to sigh. she turns to her right, the road to the city seeming like an endless horizon.

 

it has be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter