epilogue: life update (part 2)

since then, 'til now

Heechul entered the waiting room of his mother. He doesn’t always get to meet up with her whenever she has a schedule for Mom’s Diary, but he does make an effort to try. Luckily, he was free today to take his family out for dinner.

“Oh, look at him. He’s late again.” It turned out, he wasn't the only one with a free schedule that day.

Heechul rolled his eyes before approaching his mother to greet her. “Hello, omma, appa. I see the little devil is eating with us today.”

“You’re the one who invited omma and appa for lunch but not me. That should be considered illegal. You didn’t even invite Heejin unnie.” Heeyoung was lounging on the couch, her head on her father’s lap. Heechul moved closer and tapped her leg twice so she could move to give him space.

He was just able to take a seat before her feet went to rest on top of his lap without another word. “She isn’t even here. She's busy today.”

“It’s the thought that counts, oppa.” She replied, keeping her eyes on her phone. “We could have had a family dinner.”

“We are having a family dinner.” Their mother said, interrupting the two with a glare. “Please don’t fight and ruin it before it even starts.”

Aigoo,” their father joined in. “Don’t you know our kids, yeobo? They never fight.” He chuckled as he patted his daughter’s head. 

Their mother was about to say something else when a staff member knocked on the door. “Hello, sorry to interrupt. They’re calling for a short meeting with the mothers.”

“Ah, okay. Please behave.” The mother sent a look to her children before walking out of the room.

“I’m going to the bathroom.” Heeyoung moved from her spot when her father moved to stand up as well. “Where are we going to have dinner again?”

“The one you said you wanted to try.” Heechul replied. “It’s beside the restaurant we ate at last time.”

“Right,” Heeyoung stretched before changing her position and laying her head on her brother’s lap instead. “The one you also didn’t invite me to.”

Heechul flicked her forehead. “I know for a fact you had a schedule that day. Why are you so clingy?” He answered back, ignoring the shake of his father’s head as he left, leaving both of them in the room alone.

The moment of silence and them just scrolling through their own phones was broken by Heeyoung’s voice. “Oppa, did you know the director saw me awhile ago and asked me if I could guest here?” She laughed, seeing the look on his face. “I said I’m up for it but I still have to fix my schedule.”

“You’re not allowed to react to me.” He blinked and shuddered at the thought. “I forbid it. I’ll have a talk with the directors.”

“Ah, but I said I’ll only guest if your video is a part of it and they said ‘of course!’, so I think it’s too late for that.” Heeyoung childishly stuck her tongue out. “I can’t wait to diss you on everything you do on public television.”

Heechul groaned, shoving her away from him. She laughed again as she sat up and moved to the other side of the couch. “At least tell me when exactly you’re going to guest so I can figure out what I’m going to film.”

“Nope.”

“You’re so annoying.”

Heeyoung smiled. “I got that from you, oppa.” She sent him a finger heart, which just made him roll his eyes again.

“Technically, you could also be a cast here.” Heechul sat up excitedly. “Isn’t that better? You should just get casted here and then omma will criticize both of us instead of just me!”

She shook her head before standing up. “Sure, I live alone, but I actually know how to manage myself, thank you very much.” Heeyoung sent a teasing glare to her brother. “You, on the other hand, are a lost cause, which makes you entertaining to watch.”

“My house is clean.”

“Right, which is why Teukie oppa never gives up on you.” Heeyoung sighed. “Ah, the awkward friends to lovers build up is so slow for your story. Hurry the up and make a move on your crush.”

Heechul grabbed an empty plastic bottle from the table near him and threw it at her. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Shut the up.”

“Kids,” a voice called their attention and they turned to see their father by the door. “The meeting is wrapping up. We can go now.” His eyes went to Heechul. “Stop cursing at your sister.”

“She did it first!” Heechul shouted, but his father had already left. “That’s so unfair.”

“Also,” Heeyoung said as she made her way to the door. She turned to see her brother glaring at her. “I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to be entering the show as a new member when I’m currently in a relationship.”

The glare immediately wiped away from his face as Heechul stared blankly at the doorway his sister had just gone through. “You’re currently in a what?” He hurriedly stood up from the couch and followed her outside the room. “You’re in a WHAT? HEEYOUNG-AH?! WHAT??”
 


 

“Jungsoo-yah! Have you heard?!” A loud voice greeted him when he accepted the call. It should have been expected considering the name that was flashing on the screen when his phone rang. He wouldn’t be surprised if Heechul was drunk at the moment.

“Heard what?” The Super Junior leader was about to eat a mouthful of noodles that was prepared for him, but he placed down the chopsticks at what he heard. “Oh, really? Hmm, okay. I’ll check on it.”

He hung up the phone and placed it down gently on the dinner table. Leeteuk blinked at his view of the familiar kitchen before turning his attention to the chef who prepared their food that night. “Kyuhyun-ah.”

The maknae looked up from his food. He had invited the older one over to have dinner together since he heard that one of his schedules finished late and everyone else in the dorm was out. “Yes, hyung?”

“Is there something you have to tell me?”

Kyuhyun tilted his head in thought for a second before nodding his head. “Ah, right. Heeyoung-ie told me to tell you that Heechul hyung has a crush on you.”

Leeteuk lightly hit the back of the younger one’s head before settling back down on his seat. “Stop trying to change the subject.”

“Okay.” Kyuhyun smiled. “Heeyoung-ie also told me to tell you that you have a crush on Heechul hyung and you should do something about it.”

YAH!”
 


 

@kpopnews: Label SJ reveals that #SUPERJUNIOR’s #KYUHYUN and actress #KimHeeyoung are in a relationship. “The two were good friends for a long time and recently began dating.” www.kpopnews.com/article/kyuhyun-heeyoung-dating

> @heeyoungchul: ohhhh ohhHHHH TTT OHHHHHH SHIIIIIITTTTTTT

> @kdramastan: im genuinely crying write now someone make a kdrama based on them

> @msthj: BEST FRIENDS TO LOVERS SLOWBURN OH MY GOD

> @sujustop: i called it i knew they were dating

>> @nkklk_suju: it says recently tho

>>> @summersj: well true but i dont think so,, maybe this is the best time for them to reveal it or smth

> @ntafn: heeyoung w a s*ju member?? save her !! bestie blink if you need help !!

>> @liltouch: from her best friend ?? from true love ????

>>> @justkyu: leave it oomf;; op has never once tweeted heeyoungs name until now and just has too much time on their hands

>> @mshee: i feel like you should know heeyoung would probably be the first one to smack some sense into you

> @ryeo99: IF YOU’VE EVER DOUBTED LOVE !!!!!!!!! THIS IS A SIGN THAT LOVE EXISTS IN THIS WORLD AND WE ARE HEALINGGGGGGGGG

 

@gaemgyu: Hello. It’s true. Thank you.

> @masterkyu: what kind of announcement is this

>> @elfly8384: we shouldnt expect much he doesnt know how to use twitter

> @kyuday88: IM SO ING HAPPY FOR YALL PLS JUST LIVE HAPPY LIVES !!!!!

> @wayforrokkugo: what did heechul say pls the world must know

>> @heekyu83 OH MY GOD YOU RIGHT SUJU MEMBERS ACTUALLY BEING IN LAWS OFFICIALLY IM CRYING

>> @thankyu oh my god yes pls i want to know heechul’s reaction to BOTH his maknaes getting together

> heeyoungssi: i will sacrifice my soul to the devil just to make sure you two live happily seriously just say the word and ill do it

 


 

A/N: if all dating news could be met w just good vibes the world would be a better place;;