Music Video

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On top of his packed schedules and filming each and every day of the week, Jong Kook could be found all over the place. From shows to promoting music, he decided on adding another set of filming a music video of his new song which is entitled, Walking Along with you.

Jong Kook is in the conference room in the early afternoon along with his staff and the producers of his music video. The board for the visual aid of the themes of the music video was presented at the head of the table for all of them to see. “One could be in a garden setting or it could be in a beach setting.” His staff suggested.

“We’re also looking for a female lead to cast in your music video.”

“How about Song Ji Hyo-ssi?” The producer suggested, “She’s on high right now after her drama.”

Jong Kook let out a hum. “Ji Hyo? I’m not sure,” he said, “I know she had a lot of CF and cosmetics deals to film right now, I wouldn’t be too sure if she’ll agree to it.”

“We’ll add her to the list anyway.”

“What list?” He looked to his left where the writer of his staff suggested.

“The list of actresses that could be casted to your music video.”

“Aniya, aniya.” Jong Kook waved his hand, pulling out his work phone from his pocket. “Don’t bother with the list, I’ll ask her myself.” he declared, “If she doesn’t agree then that’s the only time that you could look for other actresses.” he said, tapping on his phone screen to look for his contacts and called Ji Hyo’s number right away.

“Yeoboseyo?” Ji Hyo answered.

“Ji Hyo-yah.” Jong Kook greeted, “Listen, I’ll make it quick.” He said, “I’m looking for a lead actress to be in my music video. Do you want in or out?”

“Ey, oppa, of course, I’m in.” She answered definiantly, “I’ll make your music video better.” Ji Hyo smugly added. “When is the filming starting? I want to inform my manager and shift things around if it’s overlapping with some of my schedules.”

Jong Kook took a glance at his staff that slid him a paper with a note in it. “In about a month, let’s say on the 20th of October?” He proposed, “You’ll clear your schedule for that day alone?”

“Of course,” Ji Hyo answered. “It’ll be fine, it’s only for a day anyway.” she said, “I handle my schedule as much as my manager, I’m sure I can make time for your music video.”

“Arraseo, it’s settled, then.” Jong Kook replied, “October 20th, music video.”

“Uh huh, see you then, oppa.” 

“Yah! We have a filming on monday!” 

“Ah, that’s right,” Ji Hyo giggled on the phone. “Arrasseo, oppa. See you when I see you.”

Jong Kook smiled to himself as he bid goodbye to Ji Hyo, proud of accomplishing a big part of his staff’s dilemma. “No need for a list.” he said, “I already got Song Ji Hyo as the female lead.”

 

 

Coming home after a lengthy discussion about his upcoming filming for a music video with his staff, the smell of the house entering his nostrils made him sigh in relief. Upon walking a few steps, he spots a figure hunched over in the coffee table reading one of the many piles of script books. “Oppa,” Ji Hyo fixed the glass that was sitting on her nose to look up at him with a toothy smile.

“Hey,” Jong Kook caressed the top of her head before sitting on the couch behind her, caging her in the space in between his legs. “What are you reading?” He asked, placing his chin on her shoulder, taking a peek on what she’s reading.

“A drama where I’m a teacher,” Ji Hyo relayed the information, “I like it but I don’t know, there’s still a lot of options to choose from.”

“You’ll know what to pick soon, I know you choose the stuff that is the best.” Jong Kook cheered her on. “By the way, thank you for agreeing to be my lead.”

Ji Hyo abandoned her scripts on the coffee table and went to sit comfortably on Jong Kook’s lap. “Aniya, thank you for asking me to be your lead.” she replied, “I agreed even when I don’t know what I’ll be doing.” 

“The writers are trying to finalize and smooth the details out, hopefully within next week, they’ll have something.” Jong Kook stated, “Plus, I’ll still be the one to choose on what I like the best. Everything still has to go through me first.” 

“Okay, Mr. Kim,” Ji Hyo chuckled, “Just tell me what I’ll be playing and I’ll try my best.”

“Don’t worry,” Jong Kook comforted her, “It won’t be too hard for you to play.”

“Ey, you’re not telling me anything, aren’t you?” Ji Hyo clicked her tongue, sizing him up with her eyes. “Not even a little bit?”

“I will, when my staff’s creative designs are done.” Jong Kook answered with certainty. “For now, let them do what they do and we’ll wait for it.”

“Hmm, okay,” she unwillingly agreed. “Have you had dinner yet?”

“Not yet, I was going to eat with you,” Jong Kook replied, “Unless you’ve already had dinner?”

“I haven’t, I was waiting for you while I was reading.”

“What do you want to eat?”

“Fried chicken,” Ji Hyo’s eyes sparkled. “I’m really craving for chicken right now, oppa.”

“Chicken?” Jong Kook repeated. “I don’t know any places that are good but I’ll ask Gapjin.”

While Jong Kook texted with Gapjin, Ji Hyo had other plans on making herself comfortable on top of him. Pulling her hair into the side, she placed her face in the crook of his neck and wrapped her around his body with her legs straddling his lap. Knowing her plan, Jong Kook reciprocated her hug by leaving no space in between them and laying them on the couch with his free hand calling Gapjin instead of texting and had him order chicken to be delivered at his house.

“Also, why did you decide on having the video filmed on the day of our anniversary?” Ji Hyo, who he thought was already asleep, perked up on his neck.

“I could still be with you the whole day and night,” Jong Kook answered, leaving a soft kiss on her forehead.

Hearing her breath even out and her body going slump against his, he knew that Ji Hyo had already fallen asleep on his chest. Carefully taking off her eyeglasses to set it aside, Jong Kook combed away the hair that was sticking to her forehead as he recalled the conversation he had with his team earlier.

Jong Kook dismissed a few of his staff and left the ones that are the heads of each department, people that he trusts with the project along with Gapjin. “The reason I want to film this music video as much as possible,” he started, “because it will also serve as my wedding video.”

A few sets of eyebrows raised at his statement. “Song Ji Hyo and I,” he said before taking a deep breath. “We’ve been dating for a long time,” he admitted. “A proposal and a wedding is the last step that would complete our relationship, the only thing that's hindering us is our schedules.” Scratching his chin, he continued. “It’s either we’re too busy or none of it matches.” he explained with his hands clasped in front of him. “I want to propose and have the wedding ceremony on the same day.”

“Hyung,” Gapjin gasped at his side. “Jeongmal?”

“It’s been too long, Gapjin-ah.” Jong Kook leaned at his chair to cross his arms. “I’m telling you all this because all of you are in charge of everything that would be included in the video.” he took a glance at everyone. “Aside from that, I’ll be handling the actual planning of the wedding.”

“Shouldn’t Ji Hyo-ssi be also a part of planning?”

“It’s a surprise,” Jong Kook shrugged nonchalantly. “It wouldn’t be any more of a surprise if I included her into the planning, but you don’t need to worry about that. I know everything she likes and things that she doesn’t.”

“Are there things that we could help with the wedding itself?”

“Find me a venue.” Jong Kook answered assertively. “A place where it isn’t near to the city, where a proposal and a wedding can happen. Preferably something with a garden or a gazebo?” he said, “Let’s tell her that the video’s theme is about a wedding when in reality, it’s ours. The cameramen can shoot the necessary behind the scenes shots for the wedding video.” he directed, “The guests would be seated on the assigned chairs watching from a screen that would be live from me proposing to her.”

“What do you want us to capture while you’re proposing?”

“I don’t want you to be there.” Jong Kook replied, “That’s why I suggested a gazebo or a garden, somewhere I could tell her in private and the cameras are hidden, if she says ‘yes’, that’s the only time that the cameras would appear when I ask her to come with me and to the ceremony itself.” he said, “But before that, we can tell her that we’ll film a few lines and that would give us a way to have her mic’ed up and myself.”

“Wouldn’t Ji Hyo-ssi suspect something?” His staff furrowed his eyebrows together. “Wouldn’t she ask if something is really going on?”

“She would,” Jong Kook declared. “Especially if our act starts as me having a fight with a production staff about something, before I walk out and head to the place garden. After that, she’ll be worried and ask people where I am and that’s where everything starts.”

“I’m not keen on actually starting a fight but I know she’d be worried by the fact that I started a fight, which is something that I do especially when I’m with her.” he said, “I’m rather calm whenever she’s beside me.” he smirked, “that way, I know she’d try and calm me down after the so-called fight that I started.”

“Everything has to be kept under the wraps.” Jong Kook sternly stated. “We have about a month to perfect everything from the littlest to the biggest details.” he said, “I don’t like wasting time, right after this meeting, I’ll contact Ji Hyo’s wardrobe team to get with me and search for bridal shops.”

“Hyung, are you sure that you’ll really do everything without Ji Hyo’s choices?” Gapjin asked his hyung in a worried tone.

“I know Ji Hyo,” Jong Kook responded. “I know everything she likes and what makes her happy. As long as she’s happy, I am too.”

 

 

For the next month, Jong Kook was being a dutiful boyfriend by preparing everything himself with the help of a wedding planner that specializes in organizing a wedding that needed to be done in a short amount of time. First off of the list was booking a food caterer for the actual day, a mouth-watering set of menus that fitted Ji Hyo’s tongue. Next to that was Jong Kook spending his afternoon tasting cakes and ended up with two choices that he liked and made a way of buying Ji Hyo cakes with the same flavour and having her taste it, the one that she liked best would be the flavour of their five tier wedding cake.

As for the engagement ring, Jong Kook had already purchased it a year ago and looking for a wedding ring that matches the engagement ring was easier than he thought. The flowers for a bouquet that he decided on was to be based on Ji Hyo’s decision to which she would choose on as well as the two different kinds of design for a wedding dress. Not knowing what would fit her best, Jong Kook chose two of the dresses that he liked and bought without a hesitation.

Money was not a problem, a statement that became a mantra for every day that he would go on errands for organizing the wedding. The customized wedding invitations that he had made weren't cheap but the outcome made every penny worth it.

A week after their meeting, his staff had found a place that suited his taste. A mansion just outside of the city was an available space to be rented, it had the scenery of grasses around the mansion and gave a serene environment to the place. It was spacious and had a garden with a gazebo that he wanted, the inside was larger than it looks on the outside.

The wedding planner had come with him to the mansion to scout the place and start on deciding on the places where everything was to be designed in place. Jong Kook gave his own set of imagination that he wanted to make into a reality for the wedding. An elegant and sleek wedding ceremony, making full use of the two chandeliers that hang up in the middle of the room that lights up the whole space.

An indoor wedding is what Jong Kook chose, thinking of the weather that may go haywire in snap, but also intending to use the mansion to the fullest. There were rooms that he decided could be their dressing rooms or where the production staff could make their magic by keeping the wedding hidden from Ji Hyo.

In a few days, he hopes and prays to all of the Gods that Ji Hyo would say ‘yes’ to his proposal and save him from everything.

 

 

The day before October 20th, Jong Kook had an appointment made for Ji Hyo for a full day of relaxation and pampering whilst he went to the mansion to make sure everything was in place for tomorrow’s event.

People that he sent the invitations to were the only people that knew the true nature of their relationship for the longest time, as well as the people that often guested in Running Man that knew them and bonded with enough to know their status. In short, their wedding was star-studded, a mix of their friends together, from singers to actors to entertainers. A certain wedding of the year, the only thing was, the bride didn’t know what’s to come.

On the actual day, morning came to them fast after Ji Hyo had come home the night before and relaxed from the spa while Jong Kook felt relief when he knew the plans of the big day tomorrow would go smoothly with a scratch.

Jong Kook looks at her sleeping face, her face looking angelic as usual. He decides to softly kiss her on her lips until Ji Hyo wakes up on her own. “Good morning,” he boyishly smiled down at her after they pulled away from each other. “Happy anniversary, my love.”

“You remembered.” Ji Hyo grinned, threading his hair within her fingers.

“Of course, I did. How could I not?” he replied, “Come on up, I’ve already prepared our breakfast.” Jong Kook lifted her up from the bed with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter