fin.

Interested
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Sir. Sir, you're ridiculous."

A female staff member told a tall young man, Namjoon, when she noticed the male tipping the claw machine to win one of its stuffed toy prizes. Namjoon's posture tensed as he slowly turned around in horror as he believed his six friends, Seokjin, Jungkook, Hoseok, Jimin, Yoongi, and Taehyung,  were on the look-out after retrieving the lion plush from the slot.

"What?"

"I said you're ridculous. Also, I have to ask you to stop doing that."

"I wasn't doing anything, ma'am. I was just checking to see if there was anything behind the machine and this lion fell out."

"I've just watched you now claim that toy unfairly, sir." She stated in a firm tone.

"I'll let it go for now, but if you do it again, then I'll have to ban you from Euphoria's for six months."

"Six months?!"

Namjoon's jaw dropped.

"That's too much. Just for tipping the machine? You can't do that."

"Yes I can."

She pointed to the notice on the bottom left corner of the glass of the claw machine.

"It's stated right here, sir."

Namjoon squatted and squinted at the small fine print and couldn't believe that it was right there this whole time. The worker looked at him sternly once more.

"I repeat. If you do it again or if you have any of your friends do it for you, then all of you will be banned from Euphoria's for six months."

Namjoon watched her walk away in disbelief before glaring at all of his friends when they re-appeared after the woman had gone away.

"I thought I told you guys to watch my back!"

"She looked so scary I had to run away." Hoseok admitted with a scared look.

"She has such a mean face."

Jimin smiled as he held up an armful of plush dolls he had just won a while ago.

"Oh, I was over there winning these."

"After losing to the game several times I had to use the bathroom."

Seokjin frowned.

"It's seriously rigged because there's no way Jimin can win those when he's the worst player."

"Not all of them are." Jungkook reasoned before making an air motion of shaking the stick.

"You just have to use certain methods."

"Well, I was trying to get more coins from one of the workers, but he wouldn't give me any."

Taehyung rolled his eyes as he made a face at the staff he tried to get coins from a while ago. Yoongi nudged him while pointing a thumb over his shoulder at another staff member with an annoyed face.

"Better than that guy who tried to give me two coins instead of eight."

Namjoon frowned.

"It's whatever."

He sighed.

"I can't tip the machine anymore and if y'all help me, then we're all banned for six months."

The rest let out mutters of displeasure.

"Well, let's just go." Hoseok suggested.

"No point in staying here with our luck."

On their way out their attention was drawn to a group of four female friends in white t-shirts, white jeans, and white Converse Highs, who were cheering on one of their friends for successfully getting a Totoro doll.

"Why are girls always so cheerful whenever they get something cute?" Namjoon asked as it reminded him of his younger sister.

"They act like my sister whenever my parents bring her home a present."

"Aren't you also the same way though?" Seokjin countered with a chuckle as Namjoon cast him a sheepish look, but didn't respond back.

The group of girls cheered again when the same friend got another doll from the same machine.

"No way she's that good. That's gotta be rigged." Yoongi voiced out with a slight scowl.

"Maybe she's lucky." Jimin suggested with a smile.

"She could just be like me."

"You're a different story." Taehyung countered as he just laughed.

The men continue to watch as the woman wins more prizes at another machine filled with even more dolls. They noticed that she shook the stick like Jungkook would do before pressing the button to lower the claw and was successful in grabbing another prize. They continued to watch her win more prizes for her friends as well as getting the ones that they requested for.

"I feel like I know her." Jimin muttered.

"She reminds me of someone."

"Well, whoever she is, she's definitely good." Taehyung commented with an eager face.

"I really want her to win me a Snorlax."

"Why no-"

Namjoon was interrupted when a stray white Converse High hit the upper part of his body from the side.

"What the?"

The group stared at the stray shoe as a female voice apologized about the incident while coming up to them.

"Ah, sorry, sorry! I got excited and didn't know the shoe would fly off my foot."

"It's okay. Just unexpected."

Namjoon stared at the female who was part of the group he and his friends were observing a second ago.

"Seorin?" Jimin said her name with surprise before smiling.

"Hi."

"Oh, ChimChim! Hi!"

Seorin greeted him after putting on her shoe.

"Surprised to see you here."

"Me, too."

The two shared a hug as Seorin pointed behind her.

"Sumin, Chaewon, and Chaeyeon are here with me, too."

The rest of the trio showed up as they greeted Jimin.

"Oh, Jiminnie! Hello!"

"Chaewon! Hi!" Jimin hugged Chaewon as he went to hug the rest.

"Sumin!"

"Hi to you, too, Jimin."

Sumin chuckled upon hugging the male. Jimin then went in for a hug with Chaeyeon, who was winning prizes as she tried to dodge the hug, but she was unsuccessful and reluctantly accepted the hug from her friend.

"Chaeyeon! Wow, I didn't know you were good at the claw machine."

"I'm not." She denied as the two girls besides her nudged her playfully.

"She's lying. She played with us for years." Sumin commented with a shocked voice as Seorin agreed.

"Yeah! She could have won that big Squirtle plush for me a month ago, but didn't."

"There's a difference between claw machines and milk bottles, Seorin."

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes with a smile before remembering the rest of Jimin's friends.

"Um, but anyways, we'll let you go so you can hang out with your bud-"

"Could you win me one of those?"

Taehyung suddenly asked her while pointing at the machine filled with various Pokemon characters.

"Um, sure."

Chaeyeon smiled a bit awkwardly as she quickly went to the said machine and inserted several coins while winning several prizes.

"She's really good." Yoongi commented as Hoseok agreed.

"Like seriously good."

Chaeyeon returned with several plushies in her arms and pushed them onto Taehyung.

"Um, I wasn't sure which one you wanted, but here's a few."

"Thank you so much!"

Taehyung happily hugged the plush doll as he cast her a thankful smile.

"Um, yeah, you're welcome."

"Anyways," Seorin interjected, "But we need to get going. We're running a bit behind because of Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon scoffed.

"You were the one that wanted all those plushies in the first place."

"Yeah, but then you wanted to add another one to your collection."

Chaeyeon didn't comment as Chaewon directed the subjects onto something else.

"Anyways, we're designing our whole outfit with paint and need to get to the workshop."

"So we'll see y'all at school tomorrow."

Sumin chuckled while casting them a small smile.

"Well, maybe depending on our schedules. But good seeing y'all. Later." Sumin bid the group a goodbye first as the trio followed after her doing the same.

"Seeya."

"Take care."

"Have a good night."

It took a few of them a few seconds to register that they went to the same university.

"Wait, we go to the same school?" Yoongi questioned.

"Since when?"

"Yeah." Jimin replied while informing his friends of the other four.

"Seorin's a Psychology major, Chaewon's a Business major, Sumin's a Communications major, and Chaeyeon's a Veterinary major."

Jimin looked at Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Jungkook, you have the same Tuesday and Thursday morning class as Chaewon as Taehyung does with Chaeyeon for another class."

"I know." They both chimed.

"Oh, I see. Anyways," Jimin chuckled before informing them of another detail.

"They're also part of Alpha Rho Mu, our sister sorority, if y'all didn't know that either."

"I bought this large bag of hard candies and hid it, but my mom found the stash and now she's holding it hostage until I bring up my grades at the end of the semester." 

A friend of Chaewon, Kangmin, told her and another friend, Minhwi, about his candy stories and his mother's distaste for them. While Chaewon was listening to another story of his she felt someone staring at her and so turned her head and saw that Jungkook was staring at her. She shot him an awkward, but friendly smile with a small wave as she remembered him to be with Jimin yesterday. She turned away a second later with a roll of her eyes upon seeing him shoot a flirtatious wink in her direction. Just then the professor arrived and talked about a new assignment that would be due by the end of the semester and that he would be assigning partners for it.

"I hope I'm with one of you two." Chaewon said to her friends.

"I hate working with someone I don't know."

"What else is new?" Kangmin turned around briefly to respond before turning forward again.

Chaewon slightly smacked his shoulder and Kangmin rubbed the sore spot, but focused his attention before him.

"You need to learn how to be nice to others."

Minhwi smiled as he turned his head to the right as Chaewon stuck her tongue out at him.

"I am nice."

"You hate all the girls in our class. That's not being nice." Minhwi stated in a whisper as Chaewon shot him a knowing look with a slight glare.

"It's because the girls here like to gossip instead of actually doing their work like the ones in my other classes."

"I'm pretty sure it's because there's like six not including you in that class."

"Exactly, but the guys are just as bad as the girls when gossiping."

"No we're not." Minhwi reasoned as Chaewon disagreed.

"Yeah, you are. You guys are more rowdy and hella annoying."

"Wow, I thought we were friends."

"I never said that we were in the first place. You just assumed we were."

"Now I hope you don't end up with me or Kangmin and with someone you don't know well enough."

Their conversation was interrupted when the teacher began assigning partners along with the assigned topics. Once everyone was paired up, did Chaewon pat Kangmin on the shoulder as Minhwi had run off to find his partner.

"What's up?" Kangmin asked with a lollipop in his mouth upon turning around as Chaewon looked about the class.

"Which one is Jeon Jungkook again?"

"Him." Kangmin pointed as Chaewon followed his finger and made a face.

"Him?"

"Yup."

He smiled and shot her a look.

"I know you're bad with names and faces, but you could at least remember those in our class."

"It depends."

"What's with the face? He isn't that bad of a guy. He's quite popular and part of Beta Tau Sigma."

"My sorority's brother fraternity. Huh? I didn't know that."

"What's up?"

"Don't worry about it." She dismissed with a wave of her hand while the other fetched a lollipop from her bag.

"Okay. Have fun."

Kangmin winked before scurrying away. Chaewon made a face while popping the lollipop into as she thought to herself while being on auto-pilot. She gathered her things and put them into her backpack since she wasn't sure if her partner wanted to stay in the classroom and discuss things or head on over to the library to do research. A moment later Chaewon heard a low 'hey' snapping her out of her thoughts. She turned her head and looked up to see Jungkook standing there with his own things and a smile on his face.

"Hi there, partner." Jungkook greeted her with his charming smile.

"Nice Converse Highs. Not wearing the one you put pait on?"

Chaewon glanced down to her blue shoes before glancing up at him with a confused face.

"Um, thanks, but no. They need to dry for a few days first before I wear them."

"Ah, I see. So, how about we go to the library?"

"Sure."

Chaewon motioned with her head towards the door while also making her way towards it.

"Let's get a head start and have an excuse to leave the classroom."

"Uh, yeah, let's go."

Jungkook followed after Chaewon with a half-smile on his face.

Chaeyeon was so absorbed with the book she was reading that she didn't pay attention to her two seatmates. She wasn't one for socializing unless she had to, but she was fairly on friendly terms with her classmates. There was a knock on her desk. She glanced up to see her friend, Seunghwan, smiling at her from the seat in front of her.

"What?" She asked him.

"Did you finish your assignment?" Seunghwan asked with a pleading expression.

"Please let me look at it."

"Yeah. I finished it the day she assigned it to us." Chaeyeon scoffed with a laugh.

"You haven't started it have you?"

"Haha, no." He answered while pulling out his books before looking at her.

"Do you think I could copy a few answers?"

Chaeyeon huffed, but offered her homework to him with a warning look.

"Make sure they're not word for word."

"I gotchu, Chaeyeon. Don't worry."

Seunghwan happily took the papers as he began going over both his and Chaeyeon's work. Chaeyeon brought out a few snacks from her bag and lightly tossed a snack bag onto Seunghwan's desk as he thanked her without looking. She turned to her right and was surprised to see Taehyung sitting next to her instead of another friend, Yunsung, who usually sat there. She figured he must've been running late or something and Taehyung sat there because his usual seat was taken. Nevertheless she shot Taehyung a small smile while reaching over to place a snack bag onto his desk as well.

"Here you go. Enjoy."

"Ah, thank you."

Taehyung softly thanked her as his eyes avoided hers and focused on the floor instead. He noticed she was wearing red Converse Highs today instead of the white ones he assumed got painted on when he saw her wore yesterday. A moment later he heard another voice speak to him. 

"Thanks, Yeonnie."

"Welcome, Sungie."

Yunsung looked over his shoulder with a curious gaze at Taehyung.

"Why are you suddenly sitting here? Don't you usually sit on the other side"

"Just felt like it today." Taehyung answered while eating the snack Chaeyeon gave him.

Before Yunsung could question him further the professor entered the class and greeted her students before recapping their last session a few days ago before returning the conversation about today's lesson. She informed the class that they were going outside for a change of pace and were allowed to spend the class however they liked as long as they were on school grounds. The teacher informed them that they should bring their belongings as they wouldn't return once class ended. Chaeyeon had already gathered her things and was about to make her way ahead of her peers, but she felt someone grab both ends straps of her backpack.

"I'm making sure you don't run off like you usually do."

Yunsung smiled with a knowing look as Chaeyeon rolled her eyes, but didn't do anything as she let him tug her along instead while walking besides Taehyung and Seunghwan.

Jungkook glanced to his left to see what Chaewon was doing and saw that she was really looking up information on their class assignment. He also noticed that she was left-handed as she wrote down several things. Now it made sense why she wanted him to sit on her right instead of her left. He wasn't sure why he was fixated on her all of a sudden and interested in her on all days like today, but ever since last night Jungkook grew curious of Chaewon and wanted to get to know her better.

"Stop staring at me."

Chaewon's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"I'm not staring at you." He denied as he returned back to doing his part.

"How far have you gotten then?" She asked, not taking her eyes away from the computer screen as she scrolled through several articles.

"Far enough." He answered vaguely.

"Mmhmm."

Jungkook discreetly looked over to see if Chaewon's attention was still on the monitor and saw that she was still scrolling through several different pages, before his eyes were once again staring at her unintentionally.

"Stop."

She turned her attention onto Jungkook who snapped out of his little moment once more.

"Stop what?"

"Stop staring at me." She clarified as he scoffed.

"I wasn't staring at you."

"You're ridiculous."

"What? No, I'm not."

"Yeah, Jungkook, you are. Anyways, I'm not gonna fall for your games so that you can make me do all of the work and you still get credit while doing nothing to earn the grade."

"Games? What are you talking about?"

Chaewon rolled her eyes as she went back to her research before speaking again in an indifferent tone.

"All the girls and some of the boys talk about you so I've picked up some things here and there."

"But that's just gossip. You don't even know the real me." Jungkook reasoned as Chaewon turned her gaze onto him.

"Earlier in class you winked at me when I noticed you staring at me when our eyes met."

An embarrassed laugh escaped while trying to explain himself.

"I didn't mean to. It just happened."

Chaewon continued to cast a blank expression as Jungkook really tried to explain his actions.

"No, seriously, Chaewon, I didn't mean it. I didn't mean for that to happen at all. Besides, I'll make sure to do my share of the assignment."

"It's fine. I mean about the other parts, not the assignment part." Chaewon assured him with a small laugh while returning her attention back to the computer screen before her.

"The cool Jeon Jungkook is really a fumbling mess one on one when he's not surrounded by other people and being all suave like."

Jungkook recovered and looked at Chaewon seriously.

"Wait, do you actually know a lot about me?"

"Um, not really." She admitted with a sheepish laugh.

"Jimin talks about all of y'all from time to time and even though I'm either great with remembering faces or remembering names, I don't really care if it doesn't concern me."

She faced him with an amused look.

"Disappointed?"

"Kinda?" Jungkook replied questioningly, but then eyed her nervously.

"What does Jimin say about us?"

"Um, well, honestly about that I have no clue. He just rants and says this and that about almost everything and anything. I partially listen to what he has to say whenever we hang out unless it's about some other topic that isn't his friends."

"That guy."

Chaewon laughed as she went back to her research while Jungkook  turned his attention back onto her and abandoned his research altogether.

"You're doing it again." Chaewon commented with a neutral tone while still taking notes here and there.

Jungkook smirked as he propped his right elbow onto the table and rest his right cheek upon his right fist.

"I'm not doing anything."

"Mmhmm."

Silence fell between them.

"Hey." He called out to her a minute later, but she ignored him.

Please log in to read the full chapter