Azalea

Frog Prince

 

Minho’s sitting outside of the house, leaning his back against the gate deep in thought. Taemin comes out of the house to check up on him, sitting down beside him.

“You okay?’ Taemin asked. Minho shakes his head quickly.

“Did you sprain your hand?” Taemin looked at Minho’s hand, since he was rubbing it frequently. Minho shakes his head again.

Taemin pouts. “If you didn’t, why are you pulling such a long face?”

Minho thinks for a second. “I’m not sure… I just feel tense and uptight. It’s as if something sad had happened.”

Taemin continues staring, a bit confused. His face suddenly lights up in happy surprise. “Omo, you feel something? You’re usually cold to all matters. I didn’t expect you to be saddened by the tearing down of Lotus Flower Motel.”

Minho continues staring forward.

Taemin stands up and rubs Minho’s arm reassuringly. “Ok. Don’t feel sad, we all feel the same way.” He smiles brightly before walking back into the house.

Minho leans his head back and looks at the stars.

“Is that so… Is that the reason I’m feeling sad?”

 

Jonghyun rushes down the hall of the hospital, panting nervously. He sees Jinki in the hall and stops him. “Did the Chairman leave any last words?” He asks eyes sad.

Jinki recalls the conversation he and the chairman had had when he was in his death bed. He makes eye contact with Jonghyun and simply shakes his head. “No.”

Jonghyun sighs in disappointment. “I’ll report to you tomorrow about the funeral arrangements.” With that, he continues rushing down the hall.

He soon arrives in the room where Key and his mother-in-law were at. They were both still grieving over the death of the Chairman.

Jonghyun swallows bitterly as he walks over to them. “Key, we should get you and mother-in-law home…”

“I want to stay here a little longer… Shin would be lonely if I left.” Minho’s mother said in a hushed voice, eyes still glued to the empty bed where her husband has laid.

Key clenched his fists tightly before blinking away the tears and running out of the room. “Key!”Jonghyun called, following closely behind.

Jonghyun continued to call Key’s name as he ran out onto the street. “KEY!” Jonghyun grabbed Key from behind and pulled him into a protective embrace just as a car had whizzed by. A few more seconds wasted and Key would have been dead.

“Key…Please calm down.” Jonghyun whispered while clutching onto the shaking boy.

Key looked up at the clouds and screamed, “MINHO!” Jonghyun’s heart clenched, watching the person he cared about most suffering like this.

“MINHO! Where are you?!” Key continued to yell, tears falling down his face. “Key, you need to calm down!” Jonghyun choked out, spinning the other around to face him.

“It’s my fault Uncle is dead…It’s my fault Minho isn’t here. If you need to blame someone then blame me!” Jonghyun said, feeling tears start to build up in his own eyes.

Key’s lower lip quivered as he mumbled, “I-I want to blame you…I want to hate you, I really do.”

Jonghyun shut his eyes at this. Even though it was like arrows to the heart, he knew Key was suffering from this more than he was.

“But I just can’t!” Key blubbered out, wiping his tears quickly even though more came. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around the younger lovingly, resting his chin on Key’s neck. “Don’t talk anymore…” He whispered voice raspy and broken. He let the other cry for a few minutes before pulling away. “Let’s go home now, neh?”

Key was covering his face with his hands, body shaking a little, but he manages to nod and let himself be guided by Jonghyun to the car.

 

The next morning, Taemin and his family was packing their belongings and loading them onto the truck, along with the help of Minho. Since they were included along with the village to start moving, Taemin’s mother had decided to start doing it early.

Taemin handed Minho a pile of books, which Minho ended up dropping by accident. “Aish, be more careful!” Taemin scolded before bending down to pick up the books. Minho got down from the truck and helped, but his attention was stolen by a certain book.

Enduring Forests was the title. Minho took it and started flipping through it out of curiosity.

Everything was in English, but for some reason, Minho could read it all. While he was flipping, he came across a familiar flower.

The Azalea is an endangered species of flowers that normally grow in damp, acid soils of hills or mountains. If it is found in any location of land, then it is protected legally by the government.

Taemin glances at what Minho was reading and his eyes widen when he sees that it’s all English.

Suddenly, Minho stands up. He turns to Taemin and jumps off the truck. “Taemin, do you have a Polaroid?”

“A Polaroid? Why would you need that?” Taemin asks in confusion. “I’ll explain to you later, I need it now!” Minho said voice urgent.

Taemin decides to believe the other and quickly takes out his Polaroid camera, handing it to Minho. “Follow me.” Minho commands as he turns and starts walking. Taemin obey and follow closely. “Yah! Where do you guys think you’re going?! We still have so much to pack!” As usual, her scolding gets drowned out as the two boys were out of sight.

“Why are we at the “Gok Family’s” house again?!” Taemin demanded to know once Minho had led him to a familiar forest.

Minho didn’t answer, but just proceeded to walk into the forest. “Minho!” Taemin whines, but tries to follow. Minho looks around, eyes full of urgency. “W-What are you looking for?” Taemin asked as he tried to keep up without tripping.

“Red Star Rhododendron.”Minho said in English. “What?” Taemin’s English was never good, and big words weren’t exactly helpful.

“The Red Star is an endangered flower and if we find it within our village, we’ll be under government protection.” Minho continued to explain. “ECHO won’t be able to tear the village down.”

Taemin’s face brightened at this as he ran over to Minho, clutching onto his arm. “Really?! That’s great!” He gushes.

Minho nods, but continues to walk ahead. “Remember when we got lost here? I remembered seeing a red flower when I found you in the forest.”

Taemin nods, remembering Minho coming to his rescue before. “He’s really observant isn’t he…” Taemin thinks to himself. “Ow!” Minho flinches from ahead of Taemin. Taemin runs over and examines Minho. “What’s wrong?”

Minho looks at his finger which had been pricked by a sharp leaf. He shakes it off nevertheless, “I’m fine.”

“Didn’t you give up on the village?” Taemin asked next. “You had such a cold attitude…Why are you trying to save us now?”

Minho looked down at Taemin, “I just want to know the feeling, of fighting for the person I care for.” With that, he walks ahead.

Taemin’s frown soon turns into a stupid smile. “Am I the person he cares about?” He wonders quietly to himself while playing with a leaf nearby. He soon stops daydreaming and runs after Minho, who already left him behind.

 

Construction workers were standing outside of Lotus Flower Motel and a big claw truck (A/N: I don’t know what those are called /facedesk) was towering just above them. On one side were the villagers plus the staff of Lotus Flower Motel, and Taemin’s uncle.

One the other side, there was the staff, body guards, and Jinki, who had a proud smirk on his face.

Taemin’s uncle breathed in nervously. Jinki slowly looked at the watch on his wrist. It read 11:45 am.

Just 15 minutes before the demolishment…

 



 

WAH! Surprise guys~ Did you miss me?

Just a Chapter to let you guys know I’m still alive (haha big bang reference /shot) but I need to let you guys know…I’m putting this story on Hiatus.

I’m working on 2 other stories and I’m going to try to finish them first before I go back to updating this one, just so I can produce better quality chapters! I feel that whenever I write a chapter without motivation, it shows in my work. So I’ll try to keep the Hiatus period for as short as possible, until then, please be patient and I’ll be back to updating quicker as soon as possible ^^ LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH, PEACE!