First Move

Vengeance

-You don’t have to do that, sir.
The day was just starting to rise. The rays of the sun touched Chea Hyungwon’s face. Coming out of the limousine in the back of which he sat, he grabbed his bag. Taking a few steps he stopped in front of the driver’s door who had opened his window. Kihyun, his most faithful butler but also friend. He was also perhaps the only one of the two who still had an ounce of humanity and that is why he never agreed with his decisions. The latter merely stared at him with the same burning gaze and Kihyun immediately recognized the flame that seemed to burn in his eyes. It was about revenge. He knew it; for having seen it before in the eyes of his former master. Former master who was no longer of this world and he was willing to bet that it was this flame that had killed him.

- I can’t back down.

He could have and should have added "I live for it" but it was useless. Both already knew the reasons that had led him here, in front of this high school.

- And if he isn’t like him?
- He will be. It can only be.

- Pay attention sir.
- See you tonight.
The tinted glass closed on Kihyun’s anxious eyes and Hyungwon watched him leave without saying a word. He had no right to stop now, he was way too close to his goal. And he was the only one who could do what he had to do. The arrival of his limousine didn’t seem to make a difference. But it was normal since the high school was a school for teenagers from rich or at least well-off families. A limousine was therefore normal sight in the area and hardly his had left that several others arrived. But Hyungwon wasn’t there to admire other people’s big cars. So he went up the steps of the high school after looking at it one last time.
- Father look, I will avenge you.
It was just a whisper that no one in the world could have heard. Travelling the corridors, Hyungwon was accosted several times by girls or even boys who wished to know his name. He didn’t answer once, or look at them once. For the good is simple reason that whenever these interlocutors said their names, the young man didn’t hear the one he wanted. He was only there for one thing, and it wasn’t to befriend kids just out of the crib. Hyungwon had no idea what he looked like, he only knew his name but that was more than enough. His name alone made him want to vomit, but even more want to make him suffer. To kill him. Arriving in front of his class he waited patiently for the bell to ring. He did not come forward until his teacher asked him to do so and remained beside him as was customary before finally having to present himself.

"My name is Chea Hyungwon. I’m 18 years old, and I hope we get along. Delighted.

He bowed to the measure of respectability and rose again. He was actually 21, but it was nobody’s business. Not once did he smile or relaxed his face . Very quickly all the students understood that Hyungwon was one of those students who spent their time seeing life in black, hating everything. So he was not a "friendly" person. It was the teacher’s turn to express himself.

- Very well. So Hyungwon will stay with us for a while so I will thank you for being respectful and understanding with him. In fact, we’re going to start now, and each of you will introduce yourselves. Mina you start?!

A young girl sitting in the front row rose from her chair and began to introduce herself. But Hyungwon did not even listen to her and did not even lay his eyes on her. He was tired of his presentations. Anyway, there would only be time left to complete his mission and then he would leave forever. Suddenly a noise suddenly lifted him out of his thoughts and he startled, pointing his black gaze at the cause of the problem. One of the students had knocked over his chair by rising to provoke a general laugh. Hyungwon’s eyes landed on the boy and struck him down on the spot. Immediately the latter’s face turned to the prominent red and he bowed several times.

"I’m really sorry," he said.

"That’s enough, it’s not a big deal."

But the students continued to laugh in spite of the words of their teacher and Hyungwon did not take his eyes off the boy that had just disturbed the normal but boring presentations. The young boy also raised his head and looked at him. Immediately his hue increased even more. He seemed so naive and innocent that for a second, Hyungwon was tempted to throw up or send him a scathing remark to drive him deeper. But he didn’t do it. In fact he was unable to emit any sound. He did not know exactly why, but his heart seemed to have accelerated as his eyes had crossed his own. He was disgusted...yes, that was it...with hatred. It could only be hatred. He was so pitiful bending all the time and blushing at the slightest look. For the second time he opened his mouth.

- You just spoiled the introductions, you can be proud of yourself.
His tone was dry and hard. It was no more necessary for his comrade’s face to become as scarlet as blood. Suddenly his lips trembled and Hyungwon understood that he was going to cry. He seemed even more hopeless than he had initially believed. Lowering his head, the young boy cut short the exchange of eyes between him and Hyungwon which frowned. Definitely there were only babies in this class! Yet, when his "tormentor" raised his head, he wore his most magnificent smile. His face had lit up as if by magic. Hyungwon’s heart was almost dazzled and his hatred of the young man increased. How could one be dumb enough to smile at someone like this?
- That’s it again!

- Yes, he only knows how to smile when he is bothered!

- It is lamentable...

- Pitiful...
Suddenly, the young man stooped down ,for a fraction of a second, the youngest of the two seemed to be about to close his eyes but he held on.
My name is Shin Hoeok, but you can call me wonho sorry for being so clumsy ; I hope that we can become friends and that you can be happy among us.

He stood up, still smiling, this time showing his teeth. Hyungwon’s gaze changed dramatically. His face, which without realizing had been slightly relaxed, tightened again with force. That name. It was him, he had it right there in front of his eyes , the key to his revenge ; the person who would allow him to touch his greatest enemy in the heart.
He was his victim, for a second he almost jumped on him with a horrible urge to strangle hiù with his own hands but he had to calm down and react with concentration and precision , anyway that kid’s time would come soon enough and then he’d be here. he would be there to push it a little deeper and not lose any of the show , now hyungwon’s body was on extreme alert , as if he expected wonho to attack or try something to escape , yet the latter always smiled with all his teeth and seemed to know nothing about him , suddenly Hyungwon leaned in his turn.
- Delighted.
He stood up and pointed his black and burning gaze back at his target. the whole class was surprised and for good reason from the beginning, he hadn’t bowed to any of the students who had presented themselves but yet in front of wonho he had done so, the latter was equally surprised and his eyes widened as his complexion turned red again but soon his face lit up and his smile widened again. at that moment one could have believed that he was the happiest of men. Hyungwon felt somewhat curious to understand how a simple gesture like a bow could have had such an effect on wonho but that doesn’t matters the more wonho would trust him and the more he would suffer, it was then that Hyungwon did something he hadn’t done for a long time, maybe even years, a slight smile was born on his face it was hardly visible, probably because the young man lacked training but it was more than enough for a glimmer of pure happiness to be born in the eyes of wonho, this time it was official Hyungwon had closed his claws on his prey; wonho did not know this yet, but from this precise second his life was already reduced to ashes a black shadow was upon him and would soon fall upon him, the shadow of the vengeance of a man who had abandoned his own life and humanity to break his own, thus began Chea hyungwon’s first day in shin hoeok’s life. that day, they did not speak to each other again, but not a second passed without hyungwon’s gaze fixed on Wonho, who saw absolutely nothing.

__________________________________________________________________________________ just as Hyungwon opened his front door; already Kihyun was in front of him with an outstretched arm to grab his school bag. He just seemed to be doing his job, but Hyungwon knew right away that he was actually on the news. Opening his mouth he made the suspense last by pretending to look for something but Kihyun waited patiently, after a few minutes, Hyungwon finally broke the silence.

- You were right...
- He isn’t like him?
- Only in appearance at least.
- So I was right He’s not like him.
- That’s not what I said.
- No, but you implied it.
Hyungwon uttered a grunt of exasperation and threw his high school jacket on the nearest chair he then approached the bay window of his living room, which overlooked a magnificent garden, raising one arm he leaned against the glass and placed his forehead against the extremely cold glace, it was a hard and harsh feeling, but it did him good and reminded him of the coldness of his own heart; and he wasn’t supposed to warm up, a few seconds later, he heard Kihyun approach him and look at the same landscape.
"Do I have to conclude that it is very far from what you imagined?
- You can conclude what you want.
- are you going to be okay?

"Why wouldn’t I be?" I’m about to avenge my family.
Kihyun did not answer and was content to fix the greenery that stretched as far as the eye could see. Maybe they stayed for hours like that, Hyungwon didn’t really have a clue about time. He just knew that if his henchman was still there it was because he wanted to make him understand that he was not alone. Hyungwon wasn’t very receptive to the affection of others and the role of Kihyun forbade him anyway to show anything other than respect to his master. Still, when he finally decided to leave, he stopped one last time at the door of the salon.
-He’s certainly a good person if you react that way.
-In any case I would destroy him until he no longer have the least desire to live.

- Be careful to not destroy yourself.
-I am no longer a child.
Kihyun had a slight smile, for him, Hyungwon would still be a six-year-old boy running in all directions pursued by his mother both at the height of happiness laughter ,that had suddenly disappeared one day.
- Goodnight Sir and try not to stay up too late.
Hyungwon didn’t answer him ; he must have been lost in his thoughts...or memories. Kihyun then left the place , soon the room was plunged into complete darknessn but Hyungwon still didn’t move, he was alone with himself, all alone because of him, suddenly a horrible noise echoed throughout the room followed by a curse. Hyungwon had just given a huge punch in the window, in all good logic it was the double glazing that won the battle. Hyungwon collapsed on the ground, holding his blood hand firmly, his breathing was jerky and noisy.
- in any case i would destroy. he repeated for himself.

_______________________________________________________
Hyungwon did not have a single opportunity to speak with Wonho the hole week, but in reality, it was very convenient because if he found himself alone with the young boy, he wasn’t sure to stay and do his deeds and not kill him right away.
His role here was simple: he just had to watch him and make sure that wonho had no idea that anyone wanted to hurt him. It might seem silly, but from there was the key to achieving its goal. If he weakened even for a short time , his revenge might be discovered and then he would suffer the same fate as his father, His father had made a mistake so If he failed, he knew that he would never again be able to face himself in a mirror and death would be the only solution. Completely engrossed in his thoughts, he stepped nonchalantly into the men’s washrooms and chose the first cabin he saw,the young man had barely entered when he suddenly heard the sounds of a struggle followed by a crash. He would have been able to go out and help the person who had problems but by recognizing whose voice it was that asked for help his body froze. Lee Hoeok ; with undisguised pleasure he took his hand off the wrist and waited barely a few seconds later the blows were already falling, a very slight smile was born on the corner of his mouth. Yet against all expectations he clenched his fists to make his knuckles pale, he did not understand why, but to hear him in pain...hurt him? Or disgust him? It was rather disgust. It could only be disgust! He did not get up until the only noises left were the sobs of Wonho. Opening the door, his gaze fell on this poor little thing curled up on the floor in tears. Hyungwon eyes expressed exasperation but finally he approached his comrade who immediately stiffened when he approached him.
-Are you still alive?
- Sorry.
-Why are you apologizing?
- Your shoes...sorry
Still not understanding, Hyungwon lowered his head and looked at his shoes they were slightly stained with blood, the young man then understood that when he got too close to wonho, he got his feet dirty , growling he immediately retreated while wonho repeated the same thing.
- Sorry
-Oh, you piss me off!"
Hyungwon left the toilet without a word, but he hadn’t taken a few steps before his body had stopped without him understanding the cause, lowering his head and biting his lips before going back, wonho hadn’t obviously moved, he was still there lying on his stomach, his mouth wide open with blood running down the edge of his lips and wrinkled clothes. his hair fell on his face,he raised his head slightly and crossed the eyes of Hyungwon who stopped all movement;the young boy also bled from the nose and the arcade but Hyungwon didn’t seem to care, the more Hyungwon looked at him, the more a feeling grew in him, he did not know him very well but could have sworn that it was hatred, and his heart got a little carried away when wonho made him a big smile while he could barely move.
- Sorry.
At the time, Hyungwon nearly burst into laughter or hit him in turn, he did not really know, instead, he went a little further towards wonho and knelt down, without warning, he grabbed his jaw and suddenly lifted it up, immediately wonho uttered a slight cry of pain. Hyungwon did not seem to complain but soon let go of his grip while wonho’s naive and innocent look bothered him to the point of vomiting.
-Can you walk?
- No...sorry
Whistling between his teeth out of spite, Hyungwon tapping his foot into the wall starting Wonho. He thought for a moment that he was going to hit him; but when Hyungwon came back to him, he was content to put him on his back by pressing his foot against the belly of his comrade making him wince with pain. They stayed several minutes like this.
Wonho just stared at Hyungwon who forced himself to look at everything but his comrade’s eyes. Finally he approached Wonho again, this time their eyes crossed and hung on , immediately Hyungwon placed one arm under his comrade’s two knees and the other under his shoulders. Wonho immediately began to whine. Hyungwon opened his mouth without looking at him.
- You good? .
- Sorry.
-The next time you apologize, I’ll lock you in one of the cabins and come back for you in the morning, is that clear?
- Thank you.
- Why for?
-For coming back and pick me up.
For a second the body of Hyungwon refused to move, his gaze refused to leave the smile that had just been born on wonho’s face; a question then crossed his mind: how could anyone be so innocent? no, the exact term was stupid! Struggling to get rid of the idea, Hyungwon took him without a word to the infirmary, wonho also didn’t speak, content himself with trying to stay awake. Several times his head instinctively rested on the shoulder of his elder and each time he shook him violently to bring him back to reality; on several occasions, wonho believed that the tint of hyungwon’s cheeks had increased but this was certainly not the case, when they arrived in the infirmary, Hyungwon threw wonho on one of the beds and began to leave.
- Thank you Hyungwon.
Once again, his body stops, he did not need to see him to know that Wonho was smiling, Hyungwon ? Who did he think he was to call him that?! No one had called him that for...years his heart failed several beats , his hatred towards him was only reinforced! Not responding, he drove away his lust for murder by clenching his fists. He only see the nurse once he was at the door.
-Are you all right, young man?
-Of course why?
-You look very red...
-Mind your own business!
And Hyungwon left without a word. He didn’t blush! It was impossible! It was the rage that made him hot.

__________________________________________________
-How was your day, sir? Kihyun asks
-I hate high school!
Kihyun had a slight smile.
- Like almost all young people of your age, sir.
His smile disappeared and his eyes became more scrutinized and attentive as he stared at his boss sitting in one of the chairs of the library.
- How is young Wonho?
A slap resounded when Hyungwon closed his book with violence.
-What are you getting at?
- It was just a question, sir.
Hyungwon did not answer but looked up to his butler who held a tray with a glass of milk on it with a straw, Kihyun definitely knew him by heart, he knew that every night at a certain time he would have a glass of milk ,the young man glanced at him.
-How many times do I have to tell you I’m okay?
- I am afraid that the word "infinitely" is not enough, sir.
Hyungwon breathed a long sigh and closed his eyes for a few seconds massaging his skull with his hands, he opened his mouth.
-Say what you have to say instead of beating around the bush!
I just want you to be careful.
Hyungwon opened his eyes and raised his head.
- Watch out for what?
- Don’t confuse light and darkness.
-What are you getting at?
- Simply that love is sometimes closer to hatred than we are willing to admit.
I don’t understand what you’re saying.
You’ll understand that someday...if you’re not careful.
Without a word more, Kihyun placed the tray on a small table next to Hyungwon and stopped only at the door of the library.
- Don’t stay up too late, you have school tomorrow.
- Good night.
- Good night, sir.
He bowed and disappeared behind the interlacing; again hyungwon found himself alone and stared at his glass for several minutes; Kihyun had a knack for saying things without a tail or head but that made people think for hours, with another sigh, hyungwon gave up reading and stuck his back against the back of his chair, looking up at the ceiling, now that he knew his future victim for a few days he was forced to admit it he really did not expect this; Hyungwon was persuaded to meet a ruthless and cruel monstrous being, instead he had crossed the path of a weak and naive being. But somehow, it was better that way now he was certain that what he was preparing for wonho would destroy him forever; in this way, he would attract the wrath of the murderer of his mother and father and he would take revenge.
- That was all that mattered and nothing else.