Chapter 1

Chocolate cake or me?

V: If you wanna marry me, u'll have to give up this one thing bcoz i'm allergic to it.

Lia: What is it?

V: Choc cake.

Lia: What? Why?

V: Because I'm allergic to it.

Lia: I've never heard of chocolate cake allergy before.

V: It's not an actual allergy, I just dont like it. 

Lia: Hmm, it's like u are asking me to choose between u and oxygen. I wanna live with u but I'd die without oxygen. I'm not saying that I'd die without choc cake but I think I can die from the sadness of not being able to ever eat it again. Can I marry you and not eat it in front of you. I mean I can eat it somewhere else.

V: Nope

Lia: Care to explain more? There must be more to this thing.. Will this affect your energy in any way?

V: I can't tell u about it.

Lia: Can u give me some time to think about this? 

V: Yeah

After a few sleepless night and thinking about it for two weeks, she finally made up her mind. 

Lia: I cant live without u. I choose u over choc cake *even though this doesnt make any sense to me*

V: So, should we get married next month?

Lia: Yeah, we should.

She got married to him thinking that she'd be able to sacrifice something that she loves for the person she loves. They got married and lived happily ever after. Did that really happen? Nope, that didnt happen. It wasn't a happy ending, it was just a beginning to a new chapter in their life. It's a beginning of a new relationship which requires work, effort, tolerance from both parties. 

The first month was a pure bliss. They love each other so much. V was so sweet to her and she was so loving to him. The second month, she started to feel a pang of sadness because she started craving for her favourite dessert (choc cake). 

Lia: V, Is there anything u love a lot beside me?

V: Ramyeon

Lia: Can u sacrifice it, if I ask u to do it?

V: Nope. Y would I do it, you're not allergic to it are u?

Lia: Yes I am.

V: Since when?

Lia: Since I was a baby

V: Why didn't u tell me earlier? If u had told me earlier, I would have stopped eating it.

She started to feel so much guilt in her because V said he would definitely sacrifice something he loves for her. She had secretly ate choc cake last weekend at a bakery. She started questioning herself a lot. Why can't she sacrifice when most people would be able to do it.

After 6 months..

Lia: I can't do this anymore. I've cheated on you. Not once but twice. I've eaten choc cake without u knowing. I can't do this relationship anymore. I'm not the right person for u. 

V: Hey look at me. I actually knew that u've eaten it. My body can sense it when someone eats choc cake.

Lia: U are not angry at me? I broke my promise.

V: I'm not angry. I feel sorry for u. It's just that my energy drops whenever that happen.

Lia: What happens if your energy drops?

V: Umm, I dont want to talk about it.

Lia: It's not like u are going to disappear from the face of this earth if that happens right? Can't u just tell me please

His face went as white as sheet

Lia: You'll disappear? 

He avoided her eyes but she could see his eyes glistening with tears.

She started crying. 

Lia: V, why didn't u tell me about this. This involves your life and it's not a joking matter. I shouldn't be with u anymore. I'm going to kill u slowly the longer I stay with u. I can't do this anymore no matter how much I want it. I can't trust myself anymore. I'm so sorry, it's better if we never even met at the first place. We can't be together anymore, it's killing both of us.

V pulled her into a tight hug before letting her go.

---------------------

She didnt know parting ways would be this painful to her. She still thinks of him. She's worried about him a lot. She knows that the only thing left that she could do was to pray for him. Pray for his health, longevity and happiness. 

 

V knows that he no longer can stay in this earth. It pains him to be near her yet can't be with her. He decided to go back to his planet and find some way to become a normal human being if he could be one. He knows that now isn't the right time to give up, there must be some way..

 

*THE END*