fin

Forever if you like
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-

When it happened for the first time, Mina just stared at the clothes, baffled at the whole situation. She then looked up from her balcony to check if what she's been thinking is right; and indeed it was, the owner of the shirt that flew by her place was just humming playfully on the floor above, oblivious of the situation.

 

So Mina ended up knocking on the room above her to return the clothing, that was just it. Just a simple sorry and thank you was said by the owner before closing the door. 

 

Mina barely remembers the face of the lady, for she wasn't really interested at that time; but right now, as she stares at the undergarments lying on the floor of her balcony; she will surely sculpt the face of the owner in her brain as she murders her secretly for being so careless and making her feel embarrassed. She doesn't even know why it is so hard for her to return these things  when they're not hers and not her fault that the wind blew so hard a while ago.

 

But the things are underwears for crying out loud, from an unknown human being living above her. And just touching it makes her feel chagrined, even at the mere sight. But then, she has no choice.

 

Mina inhales deeply, carrying a tiny paper-bag on her left hand, where she placed those things and then she pounds on the door of the cause of this mess.

 

Everything seems to be worse this day. The owner opened the door with just a towel wrapped across her body and Mina immediately looks at a different direction to avoid the sight. The woman squeaks, obviously shocked because of her presence.

 

"I'm sorry, I thought you're my friend. I don't usually open doors like this." the girl explains and Mina could feel the haste. She wanted to scoff by then, who actually opens doors dressing almost .

 

"I was just looking for something and dammit, where the heck is that thing-" the girl continues to blabber things, leaving Mina alone at the door and the younger one could only gape.

 

She clears and takes a step in when she finally got the attention of the lady. "I just want to return this, your things flew again at my place." Mina emphasizes the word again, hinting the woman of her annoyance.

 

But to her dismay, the lady only expresses confusion and focuses all of her attention to the paper bag. "What's this?" the girl asks.

 

"Underwears-"

 

"Oh my god! I've been looking for these!" she exclaims, harshly grabbing the bag from Mina's hand and marched away.

 

"Huh?" Mina finds herself mumbling on her own, she blinks and furrows her brows after she had snapped back from the astonishment. "That woman didn't even say thank you, tsss." she groans and was about to step out from the apartment, only to be called out before she could even turn around.

 

"Hey!" 

 

Mina flinches in shock, she wasn't able to stop herself from raising a brow at the lady.

 

"I'm sorry, I just want to dress up first before talking to you." the girl says and walks towards her to accommodate her properly.

 

Her expression immediately softens as she was dragged inside. "Oh no, it's fine. You really don't have to-"

 

"Nah uhh, I don't like keeping bad impressions on people. So what can I offer you?" the owner of the apartment insisted.

 

"I thought you're in a hurry-"

 

"I still have time for you kid. Besides, you deserve it." the girl smiles, and Mina knows better that the older one was just teasing her.

 

On a normal day, Mina would find any person who would say what the woman just said to her absolutely annoying, calling her a kid irritates her, not to mention that the girl had been cutting her off bluntly as well which is also one of the things that Mina hates the most.

 

But surprisingly, all she could ever feel at the moment was amazement, she was just gawking at every girl's action and finds it stupidly funny that the person who is obviously older than her can't seem to take care of her own self. It's silly, the girl is having a hard time opening the soda that she had offered and Mina could only laugh at this before grabbing it away from her.

 

"Let me and thank you for this, unnie." even Mina herself is surprised for doing such thing, talking to a person she met in a most uncommon reason that way. As if she was teasing her back, kidding her way through the conversation.

 

The woman chortles and that's when her front teeth caught Mina' attention. They were big, but Mina thinks it's quite adorable.

 

"I'm really sorry, I'll clip my clothes properly next time so that I won't trouble you again. Thank you by the way, I know it's a bit awkward."

 

"Yeah- uh." Mina laughs awkwardly. She then nods and readies herself to leave so that she can escape the current predicament.

 

"I'm Nayeon by the way." the girl suddenly says while she walks with her to the door.

 

She was actually planning to introduce herself before leaving but Nayeon beat her to it.
"I'm Mina." she reaches for the older girl's hand that was offered in front of her.

 

"Okay Mina-yah. See you around." Nayeon flaunts a wide grin and when Mina thought that the teeth was just quite adorable a while ago, she thinks it's absolutely cute right now after having a proper look.

 

"See you around." she manages to say before the door was shut in front of her face and Mina finds herself wearing an idiotic smile.

 

Maybe, the wind blowing those clothes away wasn't so bad after all. She wouldn't meet a cute girl if not for that, so it's definitely not bad.

 

~

 

The days passed with the incident not repeating again and Mina finds herself indulged in her studies, the busiest time of a student life; the finals. 

 

Nayeon and her would sometimes meet at the elevator on random days. They would nod to acknowledge each other's presence but they never talk. She finds it a bit weird that both of them are actually having trouble in initiating a conversation, when a simple how was your day would lead to other things. But no one dares to say it first, so whenever they ride the elevator together; Mina would just exit it first with a nod and a short goodbye.

 

It's almost midnight when Mina felt hungry. She exits her apartment with just her sweatpants and jacket to buy snacks at the convenience store near the building.

 

She's feeling sleepy and tired after studying for hours, so it's no surprise that she fumbles on the door unconsciously, confused whether to pull or push it.

 

"You have to pull it kid." a familiar voice awaken Mina's dazed self.

 

"Nayeon unnie." she utters in a low voice, recognizing the girl.

 

Nayeon smiles and pulled the door for her. "You look exhausted. School?" 

 

She nods as a reply and follows the older girl inside. "I'll treat you a coffee then." the girl offers.

 

"Oh no need unnie, I'm just hungry actually and I'll sleep after reading the last few pages." she declines and shakes her hand.

 

"Ohh okay then, chips perhaps? I like eating them whenever I study."

 

"Really? Me too!" Mina sounded like an excited child who's going for a trip, and she wants to smack herself for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter