Prologue

Comfortable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                    “O pardon me — I’m absent now and then.” Flipping through the Collection of Poem book of John Keats. I sighed under my breath. I felt the pain on my neck as hours had passed by since I skimmed my way through the literature books. I thought to myself the many reasons why I am very unattracted and why I don’t have anyone who would love me.

          “Layna, would you like to join us at the cafeteria for some coffee?” My friend caught my attention, calling me from the classroom door way. I looked up, smiled and quickly shook my head sideways. She waved goodbye and disappeared to the school hallway.

          I grabbed my bag and took out my Nintendo DS and ear phones. Placed the ear pieces on my ears, scrolled through my playlist. The music drowned out the noisy crowd of my classmates whom I know lesser as the term year is close to ending in a couple of months. I felt the usual butterflies in my stomach as anxiety started to creep back in to my fingertips. I made another big sigh to provide ease. Looked outside the window and stared at the clear blue sky from the excessive rainy season.

          “It doesn’t matter what season there is.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter