The break up

Moral of the story: We are the 'Lovesick girls'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa sat down at the cafe table across from Jennie who was fixing her makeup squinting a bit at the sunlight reflecting off the compact mirror in her hand. Jisoo was next to her focused on the scattered homework papers and opened book infront of her. Both of them had coffee but they seemed untouched for the most part. "So... what's the news for today?" Lisa asked tapping her fingers.

"Hm?" Jennie closed her compact. "Oh, sorry Lisa did you just show up?"

"Yeah." Lisa smiled. She wasn't mad she did show up silent after all.

"Sorry..." Jennie spoke again and then tapped Jisoo.

"I'm aware Lisa's here but I have to study."

"You've been doing that since last night!" Jennie huffed and closed the eldests book on her.

"Hey!" Jisoo huffed.

"Take a break girl." Jennie added. "So Lisa how's teaching dance lessions going?" she smiled.

"It's great actually!" Lisa's eyes widened and a smile formed on her face. "I think everyone's getting it down!"

"That's awesome!" Jennie smiled brightly for her friend.

"How's acting class going?"

"It's not bad, a little tough at times and the classes can last until midnight..." Jennie huffed thinking about the next audition for a drama. "But I'm pulling through."

"Great to hear... I know you'll get the part." 

"I hope." Jennie huffed again and took a sip of her coffee sowling at the leukwarm content within. "Now I have to get another cup..." she scoffed. "Lisa you want anything?"

"Sure please, the usual."

"Got it! and miss Jisoo-" Jennie paused when she saw Jisoo had buried her face back into the books. She closed them once more on her.

"Hey!"

"I told you to take a break. Now... do you want another latte because I'm sure yours is cold."

"Ah... yeah... maybe I should have another one..." Jisoo spoke as she set her cup down.

"Yay! be right back!"

"I don't know why she has to close my books like that, it's kinda rude." Jisoo added as she placed all her books back into her bag and zipped it up.

"Oh c'mon Jisoo, Jennie can be rough around the edges but she means well. Besides you'll make a great lawyer."

Jisoo smiled. "Thanks... I'm just nervous! I want to get into a good college."

"I understand that but someone like you - miss valedictorian to be - shouldn't worry about that kinda stuff too much. You'll be great! and besides if you keep your face in those books you'll miss out on everything around you."

Jisoo sighed. "You're right..."

"See?" Lisa grabbed her friends hands with a smile. "You'll be great!"

Jisoo only smiled in return and then looked to the cafe door when she heard the chim. "Ah there's Jennie." but Jennie was walking slow and looking at her phone with the coffee tray in her other hand, many people cutting around her as she blocked the way.

"Jennie?"

Jennie looked up and walked back over to the table. "It's Rosé... she called a girls meeting."

"What? what for?"

"She didn't say... but judging by this amount of emoji and exclimation points used... it's not good."

"Oh no..."

The girls gathered up their belonging's. "Wait!" Lisa spoke. 

"What is it!"

"Double double shot of Hazelnut and a cherry cream donut with sprinkles!" the classic Rosé order

"Go-go go!"

 

When the trio arrived to Rosé home her mom was the first to answer the door. "Ah girls..." she spoke with a sad tone. "Come in... she's in her room." and Rosé mom stepped back from the door.

Lisa, Jennie and Jisoo made their way towards their friends room and knocked on the faded white door with a poster of Rosé favorite idol poster on the outside. It's been a while since they've been in Rosé's room but the little glow in the dark stars still clung to the ceiling. In the corner of her room on the dresser stood the unicorn lamp her grandmother gave her before she passed. The second place trophy from her sixth grade cheer camp and medals from her ice skating competion hung from rose gold grid boards. To the right of all that sat Kittylumpkins, an old stuffed animal Lisa had given Rosé when she'd just moved to town. Lisa smiled at the faded and rag like stuffed cat. But she frowned at her childhood friend who cried on the bed surrounded by Jennie and Jisoo hugs. The best kind... but she had to join in. Lisa dropped her knees to the bed and dropped dead weight onto the others.

"Lisa!" Jennie huffed. "This is a serious matter! can't you see Rosé is crying?!"

Lisa only giggled. "I'm aware, but - we've brought the favorites!" she got back up and grabbed the Rosé order from the bedside table. To her right she looked at Rosé who was all puffy eyes and runny nose. "Sweety that's not a good look for you." she smiled and Rosé gave a smile back wiping her runny mascare with a tissue that Jisoo handed her. Lisa giving her the donut and drink.

"So what happened?" Jennie was the first to speak when everything calmed down.

"It's.... it's Hoseok - he and I... we..." tears began to form again and more tissues came her way.

Ah Hoseok. He was the schools '

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter