Today

Why do I even care?

The D-Day

12:00 p.m

I sat beside my mom in a 5-star restaurant waiting for the other kims to come. To say I’m nervous is an understatement, I was fiddling with my fingers to distract me from my nerves. I can only curse myself since I’ve never been this nervous before. I have a calm and collected persona that’s why it baffles me how apprehensive I am today. I sip my water and tried calming my nerves, ‘come on Jennie you’re too gorgeous to be nervous' I thought to ease myself, Kim Jisoo should be the one feeling nervous not the other way around, I mean not to brag but Im really pretty and smart, a whole damn package. That totally calm myself and boost my confidence. I mean kim jisoo should be thankful cuz she’s marrying me, kim jennie. I’m pretty sure she’s feeling like she won a lottery when her parents announced our betrothal to her, my point is hundreds of my admirers would fight to be in her shoe right now, or perhaps she’s already my admirer to begin with. I smiled to myself, no one really can resist me. My daydreaming and self bragging put to a stop when I see two people approaching our table, a woman whom I think is around my mom’s age and the other one with a small figure which I think is Kim Jisoo, my fiancée. I try to have a glimpse of her face but I couldn’t since her mom is blocking the view. But then as if her mom read my mind, she moved a bit to her side, revealing the face of a goddess.

To say she’s beautiful won’t do her justice, I feel myself gay panicking for a sec as I see her whole face. She has an angelic face yet the aura that surrounds her gives off a mysterious vibe, an ominous one, an aura that sends off a message.

I was drawn away from my reverie when I heard my mom called out Mrs. Kim and hugged each other.

“Oh my god Dara it’s been a while,” mom said as they broke their embrace.

“I know I missed you too!, anyway sorry for keeping you waiting we were stuck in the traffic,” Mrs. Kim said with an apologetic voice.

oh don’t worry about it, besides we’re only five minutes early than you are.” My mom answered as she wave off her hands indicating that its really ok.

“ it’s really nice seeing you again Chaerin, anyway this is my daughter, and your future daughter in law.” Mrs. Kim said giggling as she introduced her daughter. She nudged the other Kim when she said nothing.

annyeonghaseyo Kim Jisoo imnida” she said with her y husky voice with a monotonous tone and bowed her head a little.

Oh such a beautiful lady, you’ve grown already the last time I saw you, you were a small energetic bean.” Mom said as she reminiscing the old day. While Jisoo just looked at her. My mom looked at me telling me to also acquaint myself.

“Hello I’m Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you,” I said my eyes meeting Jisoo’s black orbs while I stretch my hand for a handshake.

My hand stayed in the air as she just stared at my hand and then divert her eyes in my face with a raised eyebrows.

‘Did she just reject my hand???’ I was going to take my hand back to save myself from further embarrassment when Mrs. Kim reached out my hand and shake it. I smiled at her thankful for what she did. We sat and ordered food to eat as I glare at the person in front of me. She doesn’t even spare me a glance, she just sat there with a stoic expression. While I’m here plotting how many ways to kill this rude woman. ‘How dare she do that to me, no one rejects me and no one ignores me' I thought to my pained ego. It only took Five minutes of meeting her and I already hate her.

Jisoo

Im eating my food right now when felt someone staring at me but I just ignored it and continue eating peacefully while the adults are having a chat. Its already half an hour and I still feel like someone's staring at me. So I lifted my head only to meet a piercing glare from the woman in front of me. I looked at her murderous eyes as tilted my head. ‘What is wrong with this woman?’ we were having a staring contest when her mom asked me something breaking my eyes of Jennie.

so Jisoo , how are you?” she asked.

“Fine” I answered as I glanced at her.

“I see, that’s very nice. I heard that you also goes to YG University same here with Jennie. How come you two didn’t know each other nor meet?” she asked.

I don’t know ma'am” I simply answered.

“ oh honey don’t be too formal, just call me mom since we will be family sooner” I just nodded my head as a response.

Well YG university is wide and they have different courses that why ” mom answered for me. Making the other kim nods her head in agreement.

“ Fair point. So you two arent close and barely acquainted with each other, how can this engagement work?” Chaerin said. Earning a nod from a Jennie.

“ I know, why don’t we cancel this whole marriage thing since we are obviously and basically strangers and as far I can see we are not compatible with each other” Jennie said earning a glare from her mother.

“ I second to that” I conceded.

“Oh I know why don’t the two of you live in Jisoo's condo, only the two of you in that way you two get closer and know each other more, besides her condo is just a few miles away from your school.” My mom beamingly said.

“What?!”

“No way!” We answered at the same time.

oh Dara you're a  genius. You're right that’s the only way this two will get closer” chaerin agreed.

“But Mom-“ Jennie tried to rebutt but was cut of by her mom.

“No buts, Jennie you are moving in with your fiancee” Chaerin said with finality.

 

Oh hades just take me to the underworld.’ I thought since this will be hell.