One

Heartbroken Popstar And His Indian Girl

AMAYA

“Are you seriously going to wear this?” Isabella asked, scrunching up her nose in disgust.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I'm going for a concert not for hooking up.” I said, admiring myself in the mirror. I wore black crop top and denim jacket.

Sliding my feet into converse, I peeked a look at Isabella who was about to roll her eyes.

“It's your twenty first birthday, babe. At least loosen up a bit. Wearing a y  dress won't harm you.” She gritted her teeth in irritation.

I chuckled. “You sure that you're taking me to the BTS concert and not to some random college party?”

She shoved tickets to my face and rolled her eyes. “I'm so done with you!”

“Geez, sorry girl.” I threw my hands up in defence.

“After concert, I was planning to take you on a fancy dinner but dude you're—” Before she could complete her sentence, I tried to shift her focus.

“Aren't you excited that you're going to see your bias for the first time in person?” I raised my eyebrows.

Her expression changed in an instant. She covered with her palms and chirped in excitement. “Ah...Jungkook.”

Honestly more than her, it's me who's excited for the concert. Being an army since past two years, the only thing that I've wished is to attend the concert of biggest boy band in the world—BTS. And now it's actually happening.

I've moved to states three months back for pursuing master degree in Mathematics. It was kind of hard for me to leave my country but it was for the best. I got a scholarship from a prestigious university, I just couldn't miss the opportunity.

“Yay, BTS.” She clapped, enthusiastically.

I smiled.

Isabella is someone on whom I can proudly count on. She's my first and only friend here in states. We're majoring in different departments but still we're more like sisters even though it's been merely three months since we got to know each other.

I mean just imagine, she gifted me concert ticket on my birthday and that too of BTS.

I shifted my attention back to her after getting out of my thoughts. She almost finished straightening her blonde hair.
After applying a lipstick, she smacked her lips together and turned to me.

“How am I looking?” She asked.

“y as always.” I winked.

She rolled her eyes but a bright smile danced on her lips.

———

“You sure, you're not going to faint after hearing their angelic voice?” She teased, once we reached the venue.

Witnessing the huge crowd, my heart started thumping louder in my chest. I was both excited and nervous. It's more like a dream come true.

With army bombs in our hand, we blended in the crowd waiting for our idols to come on the stage.

Soon, the music started blasting and everybody screamed in excitement. I've never been to any concert before but trust me this is the best birthday gift I've ever had. Period.

Through my periphery I found Isabella going crazy over them and when Jungkook sang his lines, I thought that she was seriously going to faint.

I laughed and thoroughly enjoyed their performance.

It was honestly the most precious moment of my life.

Once the concert was over, she took me to the nearby fancy restaurant. After confirming the reservation she made, we grabbed our seat.

“So—” She looked at me with a huge grin plastered over her face.

I folded my arms over my chest and raised my eyebrows innocently. “Yeah, I enjoyed.”

She narrowed her eyes.

I couldn't help but smile. “Thankyou. It was really an amazing experience.”

She nodded. “Well then let's enjoy the dinner.”

Next we ate dinner, talking about random university stuffs. At the end of the day, I just couldn't forget that I've load of assignments to finish before the deadline.

All of sudden her cellphone buzzed. Her face brighten up before answering the call. It must be her boyfriend.

I waited patiently for her to hang up the call and when she did so, a small frown overtook her face. 

“. Sorry, Amaya.” She pressed her lips into thin line.

“What happened?” I asked. 

She played with her food, trying her best to avoid my gaze. “Uh—Liam..” 

I chuckled. “It's okay. You should go and don't make him wait.” 

“I'm so sorry. It's your birthday and I don't want to leave you alone.” She blabbered in a one go.

“It's okay. You've already made my day special. Now go and enjoy your night.” I winked to which she blushed profusely. 

She nodded and after giving me a side hug, she rush out of the restaurant. 

I sighed. 

Well, Liam must've planned a surprise for her. He went to California last week. She was missing him badly though. It's good to know that he's back. 

I walked out of the restaurant and was about to book a cab when my eyes caught an interesting sight. I took long strides in the direction and found an empty block which leads to an open sky. To my surprise the sky was full of stars. I smiled brightly. I've always loved stargazing. 

“There's nothing special about them.” I heard an unfamiliar voice echoing in the surrounding.

I quickly turned around and saw a masculine figure leaning to the wall with his arms crossed above his chest. He wore a black face mask and a cap. So Yeah, I wasn't able to see his face.

I rubbed the back of my neck in confusion. “What?” 

He gestured towards the sky and I realize that he was talking about the stars. 

I shrugged my shoulders. “Why not? They're beautiful.”

He let out a dark chuckle. “Why so?”

I looked up in the sky in awe. 
“Stars—well, they're beautiful because they're...unreachable, I guess.” 

“Just because they're unreachable that doesn't mean everything's perfect about them.” He whispered, his voice sounding hurt. 

“Uh—Who said that they're perfect? They're beautiful, that's all I said.” I passed him a soft smile. 

For a moment, he looked at me briefly. His eyes scanning my face. I felt kind of uncomfortable. 

Wow, Amaya. You're practically talking to a stranger! 

Maybe he saw my discomfort and quickly averted his eyes away from me. He didn't say anything next just simply stared up to the sky. 

An uncomfortable silence fell between us. I thought of speaking something to him but not a single word came out of my mouth. 

“Enjoyed the concert?” He asked. 

“Huh?” I looked at him in confusion.

He gestured towards my bag from which the army bomb was peaking out. I rolled my bottom lips under my teeth to stop myself from smiling. 

“Yeah, I did. Actually it was my first concert, so it was special for me and besides today's my birthday—” I was blabbering non stop when he cut me in middle. 

“Happy Birthday.” 

“Thank you.” I smiled, flushing. 

He gave me a curt nod. “It was nice meeting you.” And with that he turned to leave.