Bump Buddies

Love Knot

Chapter 1
"Bump Buddies"

 

At the Thai engineering university, the first bell rings as the clock strikes 9 AM. All the students are waiting patiently, some more than others, for their classes to begin. Running footsteps can be heard outside one classroom, in particular, classroom C. All of the girls in that specific classroom started screaming of joy and excitement as they quickly ran towards the door to spot the two late students, who were running hand in hand. They’re none other than the University’s most popular "BL" couple, Yin and Prom. The thing is that they’re not just acting like a couple because everyone ships them, they are actually dating and have been for almost 2 years now. Together, they’ve grown to like all the attention it gives them, even though they miss their privacy at times. As the fangirling continues, Yin suddenly stops and lets go of Prom’s hand - “You go ahead, I need to use the bathroom”. “What? We’re already late, come on”, a stressed Prom utters, reaching out after the other’s hand. “I really need to gooooo. I’ll be back in a minute.”, Yin pouts, running back again towards the bathrooms as Prom whines, dragging his feet towards the classroom. 

Running as fast as he can, hoping to make it in time, Yin bumps into someone by accident. “Aoow, I didn’t see you. I’m so sorry, are you okay?”, he quickly reaches out his hand towards the unknown boy, to help him back up on his feet. “Ouch..”, the unknown boy softly utters as he rubs his head, in pain. “Come on, let me help you up.”, a firm yet calm voice echoes inside the boy’s head, followed by a hand reaching out grabbing his, gently pulling him up. While back up on his feet, the unknown boy locks eyes with his sudden bump buddy. Unable to speak, he can feel his body beginning to shiver even more than before, his body quickly burning up from the fever he thought had gone away. “A ‘thank you’ would be nice, heh”, Yin chuckles, playfully nudging the boy’s arm with his fist. The unknown boy stays quiet, not knowing what to do or say as his vision turns blurry  - “I- … I’m sorry..”, he stutters, trying to walk past the other as naturally as possible. Before he could pass him, the same hands stopped him by grabbing a hold of his shoulders, turning him around ...  “Hey...Are you sure you’re okay?” .. “You don’t look so good”, Yin lifts up the boy’s head by grabbing his chin to look at him closer, moving his palm to his forehead...” You’re burning up, kiddo. Are you sick? ”. “N- No, I’m fine..”. His voice is trembling. ”I have to go.”, he mumbles, attempting to once again walk past the other when his vision fully darkens. 

Without thinking, Yin automatically reaches out after the unknown boy’s shirt, pulling him towards himself just in time before he would’ve hit the ground.

 

“Where were you, babe?”, Prom bitterly asked his very-late-to-class boyfriend. “The class is almost over already…”

“Oh, sorry. My stomach suddenly didn’t feel good so I went to the school nurse.”, he hesitantly replies, like he’s unsure of what to say. 

He didn’t want to lie. But he didn’t want to tell the truth either. “Let’s just call this a ‘white lie’”, he told himself before entering the classroom. 

Prom and Yin’s relationship has for a few months now been a bit rocky, uncertain one might say. There are times where Yin feels smothered by Prom’s feelings and actions, causing him to be more hesitant. Not that he wants to break up, it just becomes too much for him at times. Jealousy is the biggest concern. Occasionally, Prom can get quite envious to the point of becoming very possessive, which makes Yin anxious and uneasy having to worry about what he accidentally might say and do in Prom’s presence. So telling him about his little bump accident with an unknown cute boy wasn’t really optimal at the time, he thought. Instead, he hid behind the white lie. It wasn’t fully a lie though, he was at the nurse’s office... just not for himself.

 

- 2 hours earlier

“Nurse! … Nurse!”, Yin shouts in panic as he runs into the nurse’s office, carrying the unconscious unknown boy on his back. “Please come quick!”.

The school nurse, Ms.Waan is nowhere to be seen, even though the door to her office was open. “Ms.Waan! Are you here?”, Yin shouts repeatedly, with no answer in return.

“Oiii!, Where is she?”, he utters nervously, gently laying down the unknown boy on one of the beds. He quickly looks around the office for Ms.Waan, who still can’t be found anywhere. “Maybe she’s late? … But why would the door be open?" , he thinks to himself, scanning the room for a body temperature meter. Spotting one on Ms.Waans table, he quickly grabs it and checks the boy’s temperature. “43°C” the meter reads, “No wonder he passed out”, Yin mumbles, jumping in slight fear as he suddenly hears the door close behind him. “Aowh, Yin. Why are you here?”, a woman says. Yin takes a deep breath and slowly turns around, relieved to see Ms.Waan. “Where were you?!”, he shouts, “I need your help!”... “Aowh, Yin. Calm down. What’s wrong?”, Ms.Waan worryingly asks. “He passed out in the bathroom stall. I don’t know what’s wrong with him but I rushed him here, he’s got a very high fever.”, Yin utters in distress as he steps aside, pointing to the unconscious boy laying on the bed. Seeing the boy, the school nurse quickly runs over to check on him, “Oh! I’m so sorry, Yin. Do you know what happened to him? How long has he been like this?”, she asks while checking the boy’s vitals.

“I don’t know. I just ran into him in the bathroom and he suddenly collapsed...he didn’t look good but he kept repeating that he was fine..” … “Do you know what’s wrong with him? Is he okay?”, Yin anxiously paced around the room, his hands shaking. “Please sit down first, Yin. You’re shaking, sweetie.” … “I’m not quite sure yet what the reason is but he’s dehydrated and his fever is high so he’ll have to rest here for the time being”, she replies, preparing an IV drip with fluids and fever suppressant medicine. 

Taking a chair and placing it next to - the still unknown - boy’s bed, Yin sits down. Still visibly anxious, he can’t take his eyes off the boy laying next to him. “He’s very...pretty…”, he quietly mumbles to himself. 

“Do you know this boy perhaps?” .. “You seem very worried.”, Ms.Waan giggles, pretending not to have heard what he just said, covering the boy with a blanket up to his chest. “Oh, umm...no. No, I don’t know him” … “He just looks...so cute and fragile…”, Yin quickly changes his gaze towards the floor. “Anyone would’ve been worried!”, he nervously chuckles, running his fingers through his hair. 

“Cute, you say? … Can’t argue with you about that”, she smiles, catching him staring longingly at the boy again. “Oh! I forgot! I have an appointment with another student now!”, looking at the clock, Ms.Waan suddenly stands up from her seat. “Do you mind staying here with him until I get back? It’s best to not leave him alone in case he wakes up. I’ll explain everything later to your teacher if necessary.”

“I’ll stay.”, Yin smiles in relief, his eyes not leaving the boy’s presence. “Thank you, I’ll leave him in your care for now.”, she smiles, closing the door behind her. 

His gaze still lingering on the boy’s face a long time after  the school nurse has left, he observes his features, up from his eyebrows down to his neck...until his eyes land on a small part of a name tag on his shirt. Slowly reaching out his hand to lightly pull down the covers to get a better view, the unknown boy suddenly moves to his side, still asleep. “Aoow, what the--”, Yin utters as his hand follows the boy’s sudden movements by a grip around his wrist, his cheek landing on the boy's shoulder and his arm around him. The boy moans in agony, tightening the grip around Yin’s wrist, pulling it closer to him. The swift force caused him to fall off his chair and onto the bed. Feeling the sudden presence of someone else's body pressed against him, the unknown boy slowly opens his eyes and turns around. Locking eyes with each other, their eyes simultaneously widen in shock. Yin tries to roll back off of the bed but the grip around his wrist prevents that from happening as the boy unintentionally pulls him back towards him instead. Closing his eyes in the process, Yin ends up feeling something soft on his lips. Scared to open his eyes, the softness on his lips increases with a gentle pressure, sending chills down his spine.

That feeling repeats itself a few more times before it stops, a long with the grip around his wrist loosening. “I’m sorry!”, Yin hears a soft, shocked voice. Hesitantly opening his eyes, he sees the unknown boy curled up facing the other way. “Hey, are you okay?”, he reaches out his hand towards the boy’s shoulder. “Aoow, you’re shaking.”, he gently rubs his shoulder. “Hey, turn around...please.” … “What’s wrong?” 

“Nothing. I’m...I’m sorry..”, the boy sadly mumbles. “I can’t hear you. Turn around, please.”, Yin carefully grabs the boy’s shoulder, turning him around, facing him. “Are you crying?”, he gently wipes away the tears dripping down his cheeks with his thumb.  “Please don’t cry.”… 

“Are you feeling any better?”...”Your fever seems to have gone down now”, he lightly touches the boy’s forehead with his palm, checking his temperature.

“I….I’m sorry…”

“Why are you saying that? You’ve done nothing wrong.”, Yin playfully pats the boy’s head, hoping to make him feel a bit better. “I’m sorry...for kissing you..” … “ I thought you were my boy-- umm, I thought you were someone else, that’s all.” -  “It’s okay, kiddo. I’m not angry or anything, I...I was just a bit shocked you know, haha”, he reassures the boy, patting his head again. “Are you okay now? How are you feeling?” - “I’m okay now, thank you..” , “Thank you for bringing me here.”, the boy shyly utters, speaking as if he wants to say something more but something’s holding him back. “Oh, that’s no problem, kiddo! It’s not like I could’ve just left you there, passed out on the floor, haha.”, he playfully nudges the boy’s shoulder. “Hey, as much as I like calling you ‘kiddo’, I’d much better prefer calling you by your actual name...if you don’t mind telling me what it is”, Yin happily chuckles as he runs his fingers through his hair, hiding the real fact that he’s shy. “Oh, right! It’s Wanarat but you can just call me War, everyone calls me that.”, War smiles as he sits up in the bed. “What about you, what is your name?” - “That’s a cute name, War. I just go by the name Yin, haha.” -  “Oh, Yin is also cute!”, they giggle, looking at each other, both hiding the fact that they’re shy.

“Actually...I’m new to this school. This is my first day here.”, War breaks the sudden silence in the room. “Thought I’d start by telling you that, ha-ha.” - “Really? No wonder I haven’t seen you before. I’m guessing that I’m the first person to welcome you here then! Welcome, War.”, Yin giggles. “Haha, yes you are! Thank you, Yin.”, War nervously giggles while rubbing his arm, letting out a soft moan. “Are you in pain?” Did you hit yourself on something before?”, Yin notices something resembling a scar or a bruise on War’s upper arm. Leaning closer to take a clearer look...the door suddenly opens, startling him into falling forwards. 

“I’m back, Yin. How’s the boy?”, Ms.Waan walks in, closing the door behind her. Putting down her bag on the floor next to her office table…”Aoow! He’s awake?”, she finds Yin in the arms of, to her - the unknown boy. “I thought you didn’t know him, Yin?”, she giggles with a smile. “You look pretty close to me”. Yin quickly sits back up, “I told you already. I just met him” …

“We were just...we..” - “We’re just getting to know each other right now, Ms.Waan.”, War interrupts Yin mid sentence. “This is my first day here.”, he smiles. 

“Oh. That’s right! You must be War, right? I was told you were starting today, I just didn’t know what you looked like, ha-ha.”, Ms.Waan chuckles as she makes her way over to her table. “Yin, you can go back to your class now, since I’m back. Thank you for looking after him.” 

“No problem. I guess I should head back..”, Yin sulks, standing up from the bed. “Please continue resting now, War.”, he playfully rubs the boy’s head before heading to the door. “Wait!”, War utters. “Huh?”, Yin stops, turning around. “Did I forget something?” - “Umm...I...well…” … “No, nothing!”, War nervously stutters. “Aoow, so cute”, Yin mumbles to himself, walking out the door, closing it behind him. “Wait!”, he opens the door again, peeking his head through it. “Psst! War!”, attempting to get the boy’s attention. “Huh? What is it?”, War cutely responds. “Add me on LINE, I wanna know how you’re feeling in case we don’t see each other later.” - “It’s ‘yingudam’, see yah!”, Yin smiles, closing the door behind him once again.

 

- Back in the classroom

 

*ding ding *ding*   *ding ding ding*  

Everyone cheers “LUNCH TIME!!” .. “FINALLY!” .. “LET’S GOOO!!”, as the bells ring - meaning the class has come to an end. Even though Yin was only present for the last 20 minutes he still got some notes written down in his little notebook. “Hey, should we go eat, babe?”, Prom playfully nudges his boyfriend’s arm. “Hello??...Earth to my lovely Yin..”, he nudges his arm a bit harder this time. “What?”, Yin coldly utters, his eyes glued to his phone screen. “Aoow, what’s with the attitude?”, Prom pouts. “Sorry. It’s nothing...I’m just waiting for something.”, he apologizes, putting the phone in his pocket.  “Come on, let’s go eat!”, Prom takes his hand in his and leads him out of the classroom, towards the University's canteen. 

“What were you doing so long at the nurses office anyways? Are you okay?”, Prom curiously nudges Yin’s shoulder as he eats a spoonful of curry. “I told you, my stomach started to hurt so I went there”, Yin utters. “Yeah, but you were gone for like 2 hours?” - “I got some medicine and layed down for a bit because the nurse told me to rest.” - “Oh. Are you feeling better now?” - “Yeah. Let’s just eat now, okay?”, trying to avoid the topic, Yin continues eating his food.

 

*buzz buzz*   *buzz buzz*   *buzz buzz* 

Yin’s phone vibrates, putting an instant smile on his face. “Please be War, please be War”, he thinks to himself, quickly tapping the notifications shown on the screen.

“ jediwar added you by username, click OK to accept ”

“Hey, Yin!” 

“Have you eaten yet?” 

“It’s me, War! ^^”

The smile on his face widens as he reads what the messages say. He quickly taps “OK” then replies,

“ You are now friends with jediwar “

“Hey!”

“Yes, eating right now.”

“Have you eaten yet? How are you feeling?”

, before putting his phone down on the table next to his bowl of food. “I’ll get us something to drink, be right back!”, Yin stands up in a hurry, rushing over to grab some thai iced tea for them both. Just as he places down their drinks on the table, his phone vibrates again...

“Not yet!”

“I will eat soon..”

“I just wanted to thank you for helping me earlier....again. Heh. ^^”

As he reaches for his phone, Prom manages to snatch it right before him to steal a quick glance. “Aren’t you popular today, babe?”, he chuckles...
“Aoow...who’s this?” …”jedi...war?”... - “Oh, it’s no one. Don’t bother!”, Yin lies. “Why is he thanking you for helping him earlier…?”...

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, y'all! I'm back with another (new) fanfic, haha. I told myself I'd continue on the ones I've already begun on but I couldn't help myself.  . ____ . 
This chapter is pretty short, I apolgize for that but more is coming! I'm not sure exactly when but hopefully soon. :3

I present to you all, a few cute YinWar gifs in honor of this fanfic. ^^ / Miyu ♥