III. Sorrowful Aftertaste

Withered Rose

My Sadness Only

 

 

Eyes blinking, he feels like someone placed a heavy stone on his head.

Massaging his temple Hyukjae tries to keep his eyes open.

What exactly happened last night? Who had gotten him home?

As he paused for a little while it all dawned to him. He seriously did confess to Donghae last night.

And much worse..

he kissed him.

How would he ever face him again? What would he say to Donghae? On top of that this happened after Donghae got together with Yoona.

Right, Yoona. They wanted to celebrate the new couple..

And what did he do. He confessed to his best friend and kissed him.

" !"

Hesitantly Hyukjae kicked the covers off him and hugged his legs tightly. The throbbing pain in his head was nothing compared to the regret he felt doing last nights actions. What.. what actually was he thinking?

Tears starting to fall from his eyes he started hitting himself. The silence in his small flat only mirrored his empty soul and the whimpers were echoed in his room.

 

“Why can’t I have someone I love.. for once..?”

 

The strangling feeling around his heart, he didn’t know how much longer he could endure that. Suffocating, that’s how he felt at the moment. Like he was suffocating.

 

…………

 

Last night

 

“Donghae.. Hae look at me. Look at my eyes…”

“You have the most dazzling eyes in the world Hae, you know that right?”

Why was Hyukjae saying things like that? He was making Donghae nervous. If this was a prank he didn’t find it funny, at all. The prickling feeling in his stomach, which increased with Hyukjae’s every little act, was distracting, indeed.

 “You’re so beautiful Hae..”

As Hyukjae got closer to Donghae his heart threatened to explode.

Donghae never felt anything like that before. He seldom saw his best friend drunk. In fact only two times.

“So.. so beautiful…”

Hyukjae’s and his face were barely separated. Does he always get so close under the alcohol’s influence?

“I love you..”

What?

As Hyukjae closed his eyes his lips slightly brushed against Donghae’s.

Totally surprised Donghae shuttered his eyes close.

And they shared a kiss together.

What! Stop Donghae! Your friend is drunk!

As Hyukjae parted he breathed a hot “Thank you..” on Donghae’s ear..

Mouth agape Donghae looked at the passed out man.

Hyukjae and he kissed. Just right now.

Hyukjae’s head on his lap he did try to reason out why his usually very shy best friend acted like that.

Deep in thoughts he was slightly touching Hyukjae’s face, declaring that his best friend was the most handsome man he has ever seen in his life.

 

Wait, what was he actually thinking? Even if those plump warm lips grazed his he was sure that Hyukjae only said those things because of the alcohol.

 

Why would his best friend kiss him anyway?

They were two guys.

He believed that Hyukjae wanted to try something out.

But oh man did Hyukjae know what kind of feelings he left with the other.

 

After digesting what happened he took the fragile person on his back and carried him out of the bar.

 

Hiring a cab and placing Hyukjae onto his bed, he found his key in Hyukjae’s pocket, he couldn’t stop staring at his face.

 

What if..

What if he really likes me?

 

Donghae immediately blushed after that thought.

 

No, no it can’t be.

No.

 

 

                                                         

I can, I can never face him again. Only because of one mistake I've ruined everything.

Sorry Hae.

 

 

________________

 

Is anyone even interested in this story ? :) I'm curious, really. Short update but if there  is demand on this story I will update more, promise. :)