Confessions on the floor

The open door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul arrived home after 6 and she went to the kitchen to prepare dinner for the doctor.

Not that a shinigami knew much about cooking but the handsome girl learned some tips with Wheein during their coffee break.

Shooting star wanted to do something to show her gratitude towards Ji-Eun.

To Death's general's surprise, the doctor was already home and she just realized that when the older one coughed, laughed, and dropped something in the living room.

Worried, Moonbyul ran to the other room and found the doctor sitting on the floor.

_____ Hey Byul-Yi! Welcome hooooome!

Surprised, the shinigami joined the house owner and greeted her:

_____ Hi, unnie. Are you okay?

Shaking a bottle of soju while making a funny face, the brunette sighed before mumbling:

____ Of course! Why wouldn't I be okay?

____ Because it's 10 past 6 and you're already drunk..._____ The brown-haired one shrugged.

Ji-Eun pouted and sipped the soju directly from the bottle before replying:

____ Life is hard, Byul-Yi. So is death. I see a lot of it every day.

The shinigami couldn't understand that quite well, since death had always been part of her existence.

However, Moonbyul had grown fond of the doctor, which made her sympathize with the older girl's sadness.

_____ Unnie, why did you become a doctor?

Having some hiccups, Ji-Eun took a while to answer.

_____ I used to think that I had followed my father's pressure. But now I see that I always wanted to save lives.

_____ So you should be happy because you do a great job._____ Moonbyul patted the brunette's back.

_____ How can you say that, Byul-Yi? Every day people die.____ Ji-Eun pouted.

Sighing deeply, the shinigami said:

_____ This is not something you can really control, unnie...

_____ Why? Because of God?____ Ji-Eun drank a bit more.

 _____ Well, many humans may think so. But people are born with an expiration date. Even doctors can't do much if the patient's time comes. Death has the reports with each date and hour._____ Shooting Star remembered all her years working as a shinigami 

The female doctor cracked up and almost knocked her head on the wall behind her.

______ Watch out, unnie. _____ Moonbyul held Ji-Eun's arm and pulled her.

_____ You are so funny, Byul-Yi. 

_____ Thank you. I guess..._____ The skinny girl made a funny face.

_____ Byul-Yi...

 _____ Yeah, doc?

_____ Have you ever loved your best friend?_____ Ji-Eun's voice carried pain.

Shooting Star observed the cute young woman in silence and thought:

"So this is why, huh? You've been struggling with your feelings towards...her."

_____ No, unnie. I never had a best friend. Well, maybe I could say my boss was my best friend but...those feelings were unfamiliar to me._____ Moonbyul responded.

_____ I keep forgetting you are practically a nun._____ Ji-Eun joked.

_____ Not really._____ The shinigami frowned the forehead.

_____ Okay okay. Damn! Is that a hole in this bottle?_____ The doctor finished drinking the soju.

_____ Yeah. The hole is you. Or a sponge._____ Moonbyul laughed.

 _____ Byul-Yi! Don't laugh! I'm in pain. I love her so much..._____ Ji-Eun whined.

_____ The bottl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter