1/1

Establish

Minho groaned sleepily as he felt a weight crawling from his legs all the way up to his chest, sighing in protest as a pair of short arms hugging his neck almost too tightly, blocking his pipe. With ease he gathered the bundle of warmth in his arms and positioned his sleep intruder in a more compromising position.

“Baby,” he croaked out, “this is not your bed.”

He heard a whiny mumble, “Monsters. I saw monsters.”

“There’s no such thing.”

“Appa,” the little boy plead. "Appa, please..."

“Okay, okay, only for tonight,” the father of the three years old chuckled. He kissed the sweaty forehead and hummed contently before patting the in a soothing manner. This gesture soon lulled both father and son back to sleep.

 

 

The whirling sound of the vacuum cleaner woke Minho up from his well needed sleep. Carefully he stretched his arms and legs, trying not to move too much that he would wake his baby up. As he blinked his sleep away, he heard the machines got closer. But what grew a wider smile on his face was the gentle hum from the person who was actually cleaning his apartment.

Minho was ready to welcome the shadow lingering just outside his room, bringing his son in his embrace as he sat up against the header of his bed. When the door knob turned softly, he saw a black hair peeked inside, looking right and left only to beam up at the sight of Minho holding a sleeping boy that sprawled against his torso.

“Morning,” the said man greeted, “Did I wake you up?”

He shook his head and signaling the man to come inside with a tilt of his head. The vacuum machine stopped buzzing after being turned off in the next second. Minho reached out his hand and the man in his comfortable black shirt and sweatpants reciprocated his invitation. Their lips met in a quick peck and Minho pulled the later even closer, nuzzling against the neck to inhale the calming scent as he sat down next to him.

“You’re here early,” the father commented, his lips grazing the soft skin there, ending it with a gentle kiss.

“I wonder about it myself,” the figure squirmed a little.

“And you’re cleaning up the mess again.”

“Nothing in this world is free, you know. It’s in the tabs already.”

“Never get my bills though.”

“You really wish for it to come, huh?”

“I will not ignore my responsibility.”

“I can’t believe you.”

“Admit it already, Taemin,” he grinned.

“Admit what?”

“That everything you do is because you’re just helpless.”

Taemin rolled his eyes, “So what if I said yes?”

Minho chuckled, pulling away only to place another kiss on the cheek. Sighing, he stared lovingly into the enchanting, sparkly eyes, “How can I not love you?”

“Tch,” he flicked Minho on his forehead, “what a sap.”

“You don’t hate it,” he winked.

“Yes, I don’t,” Taemin winked back, eyes then drifted to the sleeping little boy, “And look at you, spoiling this little brat again. How many times did you let him sleep with you this week?”

“Not much.”

Taemin sent him a boring gaze, for he did not buy what the father told him at all. He knew Minho too well.

“Okay, okay, only three times, though...” he ran his fingers through his son’s messy silky hair.

“I told you not to be so soft on him, right? We’ve agreed on this matter, Minho,” he sported his arms on his hips, “Wookhee is three already, he needs to learn to sleep alone.”

Minho’s eyes were expressive and Taemin noticed the change of emotion in it, shaking his head as he scoffed, “Oh, shut up.”

“What, I haven’t said anything,” he shrugged his shoulder.

“It has nothing to do with that offer,” Taemin covered Minho’s eyes to avoid the hopeful stare.

The younger then picked Wookhee from Minho’s embrace, carefully rocking him for a moment before he walked out of the master bedroom to tuck the boy back in his own bed. Minho watched him with his crossed arms, and of course with a smile on his face.

 

 

Taemin grinned as he watched Minho moving around the kitchen gracefully, hands preparing their brunch with expertise, obviously showing off the better cooking skill between them. He poured himself a glass of water and waited patiently for his share of food.

“You look y cooking, are you single?”

There was a deep laughter, one that rang beautifully and probably one of the most favourite sounds Taemin liked in this entire world.

“Are you flirting with me?” asked the taller of the two.

“Well, nothing’s wrong in trying to get myself a hot date,” Taemin snickered.

Minho brought his signature, delicious looking fried noodles to the dining table with a wide grin on his face, leaning down to press a sweet kiss on Taemin’s crown as he passed by him, “Care joining us to that eatery Wookhee loves the most?”

“I wouldn’t say no to their famous banana milkshake.”

“You score yourself a date with this hot man and his precious son, then.”

Taemin halted the taller's step by grabbing him by the arm before he could head towards Wookhee’s room, wrapping his arms around the waist and beamed up at him, eyes crinkling prettily, “And netflix after the little one is asleep?”

“Sounds like a plan,” Minho cradled the face with his palms and leaned down for a full kiss on the lips, smiling in between the exchange. He deepened the kiss because he wanted to, totally liking the way his heart reacting to the grips on the back of his shirt, moreover to the delighted hum coming from Taemin.

“Go fetch your baby,” Taemin leaned back as Minho was starting to get too eager for the kiss, giggling as he watched him leaned forwards for more touch.

“He can wait another five minutes.”

“No, I won’t allow you to starve your own flesh.”

Minho's whine and pout was interesting to witness and it earned him a gentle pat on his from Taemin, “Are you sure you’re thirty eight?”

The taller hooked one of his arms around the shorter’s neck and mischievously gave Taemin’s blooming lips a messy smooch, coaxing contagious laughter out of Taemin’s succulent lips.

 

 

Wookhee climbed the chair next to Taemin with his eyes half open, immediately snuggling his bloated face against the flat stomach before resting his chubby cheek on the soft thigh. There escaped a cute yawn as the baby gathered his soul. Taemin combed the bird nest with a fond smile, “Hey there, tough guy.”

The cute boy gave him a big smile, one that was a copy of Minho’s. Wookhee looked so much like his father, there was no doubt that he was the elder’s son. Everyone could see their resemblance, from the huge eyes, the nose, the smile, the skin colour, and his long limbs.

“Why is my baby so sleepy?” Taemin pinched the chubby cheek, trying to keep the boy awake. With accusing eyes he looked at Minho, “What time did you two off to bed last night?”

Like a deer in a spotlight, Minho blinked his big eyes quickly, a habit he had whenever he got nervous.

“Minho...”

He scratched his nape, “Around one?”

Taemin shook his head, “One in the morning?”

“Or maybe two?”

By then Minho was already avoiding his eyes.

“I know it’s a long weekend but two in the morning, Minho, really?” He was not amused.

“He wanted to watch Gundam back to back, I have no heart to say no.”

“It’s way past his sleeping hour. Are you–”

Taemin stopped himself from cursing at the father in front of him, then looked down to see Wookhee staring at him with curious stare, “Are you angry?”

“Oh, yes I am,” he said in a strict tone, “Handsome boy like you should sleep before 9 on the weekdays and before 10 on the weekends. You promised me. It’s our rules. You know how I dislike empty promises, right?”

The three years old then got up from his back and hugged Taemin with a little pout on his lips, clinging onto his neck like a koala.

“So what time do you have to go to sleep today?”

“At 10 o’clock.”

“Now that’s my baby.”

“Wookhee is sorry...”

Taemin the chubby cheek, “Apology accepted. No sleeping late anymore, okay?”

The boy nodded eagerly, offering his cute pinky to seal the promise. Taemin interlocked their fingers together before kissing him on his forehead.

“And you?” Taemin glared at Minho, “Don’t you have something to say?”

“I will put Wookhee into bed before ten, and to never give in to his plea,” Minho pledged, hand on his chest.

“Good. Now let’s eat so that we could go out and play.”

Wookhee cheered excitedly, refusing to sit on his own and bouncing on Taemin’s laps as he chew his fried noodle. Minho shoot Taemin a knowing look, muttering lowly how Taemin literally babying his son when he just made Minho swore to not give in to the boy’s plea. Taemin smiled sheepishly, because well, it was easier said than done when it came to the sweet, beautiful Wookhee.

The elder only shook his head, eyes kept glancing at the domestic sight in front of him, where his boyfriend got along so well with his son.

When he decided to ask Taemin out, the younger had fully understood his situation. Although younger by six years, Taemin was okay with everything. He paid no mind to the fact that Minho was a single father with a three years old son. Even once confessed that his fear was none other than Wookhee being uncomfortable with his presence.

However, Taemin was a charmer, kind and gentle albeit a little sassy, he was an easy going man, and he was a ball of sun ray in the midst of a cloudy day. He knocked down the wall Minho had built for three years, making his way into Minho’s life and rooted deep inside his heart. Taemin eventually became a part of Minho’s life, breaking his regularity and eventually took a big part of Wookhee’s days. It took only seven months and Minho was sure that Taemin was what they needed in their life.

“Ugh, yuck,” Wookhee suddenly stopped chewing, face contorted as he turned towards Taemin, body shuddered at the weird taste within his cavern, letting his mouth slightly opened and food peeking. The boy almost begging at Taemin, “Dad...”

Minho stood up and put his palm out, “Spit it on my hand.”

Wookhee shook his head with a whine, pushing his father's hand away and grabbing Taemin’s forearm until the later put down his chopsticks. He kept pointing at his mouth and Taemin knew just what the boy meant. He stretched his palm to let Wookhee spewed on it, face calm as if he was totally fine with the saliva and sticky processed food on it.

“Oh, God, Wookhee,” Minho was embarrassed with his boy’s antic.

“There’s onion. I hate onion,” the boy protested.

Taemin took some tissues and wrapped it into ball. Minho immediately tended Taemin’s hand with napkins, wiping the mess on his palm with a constant sorry muttering through his lips. The younger only smiled at him with a sweet smile, “It’s okay, Minho. Stop exaggerating it.”

“Some people will find it disgusting.”

“But I’m not just some people, am I?” Taemin wasn’t looking at his boyfriend as he asked, too busy wiping Wookhee’s lips, frowning at the picky boy, “Onion is healthy, you know.”

“It tastes weird. Not like it,” replied Wookhee, clinging onto Taemin’s shirt as the latter put any invisible onion on the side of his plate.

A fond smile creeped on Minho’s face as his body melted, heart aching for the man in front of him, then he mummed to himself, “Yeah, you’re not some other people.”

Minho left to the sink with the dirty napkins after giving a tender kiss on Taemin’s temple, feeling his love for his younger lovers multiplied by thousand fold. With the way Taemin brought himself and made his presence counted in Minho and Wookhee’s life, the younger had claimed that he was not just some random people who would date Minho for his sweetness, look or money. He approached Minho with a mind-set of having a family with him. Despite still refusing the big offer Minho once proposed.

 

 

Taemin showed some teeth as he walked towards the door frame, having to get Wookhee sleep in just ten minutes. He then wrapped himself around Minho’s torso.

“Ready for some movie?”

“Been a while since we have a date with only us two,” Taemin chuckled.

“Why don’t you change into something comfy while I get the popcorn?”

The younger’s eyes squinting at him with mischief.

“What,” Minho simpered, “You’re staying the night, right?”

“Sleeping over after a date is not my forte,” he was just being cheeky and Minho knew this but he had to be a kid with Taemin, because honestly, Taemin made himself feel helplessly in love, young and free as if he did not have an extra baggage which should be a big concern if he were to start a relationship. Being with Taemin felt good.

Seeing how sulky Minho was, Taemin chuckled and went to give the elder a pouty kiss that matched his, “You sleep against the wall. I take the edge.”

“Deal.”

 

 

Minho browsed enthusiastically knowing that tonight he would have Taemin sleeping next to him after so many nights apart. The younger was getting busy preparing his job promotion that he had to stay at his apartment because he said he did not want to pester the family with his work even though Wookhee kept calling and crying for him. He was one stubborn man, Minho swore.

He could not help but smie as he felt his bed dipped at Taemin’s weight, crawling closer to the middle of the king sized bed.

“I thought we’re gonna watch in the living room?” Taemin had taken a quick shower, smelling awfully good with Minho’s soap and shampoo on him as he slipped under the blanket next to Minho.

“Nah, I don’t have the energy to pick you up if you fell asleep.”

“You can just let me sleep on the couch.”

Minho raised his one eyebrow, “And get myself a grumpy boyfriend in the morning?”

Taemin nudged him on his elbow, “You, old man, are the grumpy one if you ever fell asleep on the sofa.”

“Don’t bite back with my age, young man.”

They laughed quietly after bantering about the age for some more, Taemin ended up covering Minho's cackle with his hand, afraid of waking up the little boy next door. It was really nice catching up with their daily lives, netflix forgotten as they were too immerse in their conversations. When they finally decided to watch Taemin’s favourite series, it was already past midnight. It was weird how time ticking so fast when they were together, like there should be 30 hours in a day instead of 24 hours.

The television’s ray illuminated their faces in the dark, both entertaining themselves with Sherlock Holmes even if they had watched it for so many times.

“Cumberbatch is so handsome,” commented the younger.

“He is charming. Handsome after few watch.”

“I know right,” he sighed again, “Not the ethereal handsome kind of guy, but damn he’s hot.”

“I’m hot too,” Minho added. “Spare me a glance.”

“Yeah right,” replied Taemin with his playful tone, only to lower it few octave for his next comment, “So, think you’re hot? It makes you a hot daddy that I’d love to mess with, then?”

“Stop it, Tae,” warned the elder.

“What, daddy? Don’t you like how it sounds?”

Minho frowned, “It’s weird to hear it when you’ve got yourself a kid.”

Taemin was so satisfied with how troubled Minho’s face with his teasing, it was so amusing watching Minho’s eyes and face showing different emotions in the spare seconds. He was so expressive that it was cute.

“That reminds me,” the elder continued, “Daddy is your endearment from Wookhee. You’re basically calling yourself.”

“Ugh, now it does sound gross,” Taemin shivered, earning a beautiful deep laugh from Minho. “ is a no no.”

Minho nodded in agreement, tightening his hold around Taemin’s waist and pulled him closer, kissing the temple as they cuddled. The younger was snuggling closer to Minho’s warm embrace, one leg draped over Minho’s while hugging the fit torso under the duvet.

It felt so right whenever Taemin would sniffed his crook or left an innocent peck on his shoulder or side neck, and it was a bliss when Minho pulled his lovers by the chin to give a tender kiss on his lips, chaste and sweet. It was a peaceful long weekend.

“If only you were here every day with us,” Minho said as he was long distracted from the series, playing with Taemin’s soft hair.

“Huh, why?”

“There would be less war in trying to put him to bed, less hustle with getting Wookhee to bath or to make him eat,” completely related to Mr. and Mrs. Watson's tiredness in taking care of their baby.

“You just have to be a little strict with him.”

“You know I could help some company to face his rebellious days, plus, it’s nice to have you warm my bed every night.”

“I spend almost every day here, what’s so different?”

“Exactly what I’m saying,” Minho opined, “You basically live here. And wouldn’t it more convenient for you since your office is just another block from here?”

Taemin looked up and smirked, “Again, you and your not so subtle proposition.”

“A man can dream, you know,” Minho chuckled despite his heart beating so fast. No matter how casual could he sound, he was serious with his offer. He wanted Taemin to live with him, with his son, and he had even dreamt of asking Taemin a hand in marriage, however Taemin still thought that it was too early for that.

“Not that I don’t want it,” muttered the younger one just above the whisper, fingers drawing patterns on Minho’s chest. “I love the idea, but you know why.”

Minho knew what exactly running in his lover’s head, they had the talk already, but sometimes he just did not understand why Taemin thought so small about himself. Taemin felt incompetent and unworthy of Minho even though Minho begged to differ; that he was the one with the baggage and messy past. If compared to an apple, Minho was the rotten, bitten one meanwhile Taemin was the freshly picked up apple.

“I know,” the elder caressed Taemin’s cheek, smiling down, “I’m old enough to have the patience.”

Taemin returned the smile, eyes still full of sorry yet liking the way Minho kissed his worry away. Their lips were moving slowly, brushing against each other in a heart-warming pace, gentle smacks along with content sighs resonating throughout the room. Their hands innocently roaming around, touching every skin and creating goosebumps in its wake. Nothing ual though, just two people reassuring each other on how deeply in love they were.

“But honestly,” Taemin gave Minho one gentle peck on his jaw, eyes and tone impish, “If you keep asking, I might find you annoying and agree to it so that you would shut your mouth.”

“Always so cheeky, my boyfriend.”

“Oh, I’m the boyfriend?”

“You’re not?”

“I thought I’m Wookhee’s soon to be daddy?”

Minho was stunned for a while before grinning ear to ear, “You tease, don’t make my heart tremble like that.”

Taemin laughed at the shy thirty eight years old who was snuggling to his chest, loving the reddening ears and the palpitating chest against his ribs.

“I mean it though,” the younger kissed Minho’s forehead, rubbing the shell of his ear as he cradled Minho closer to him, “Please wait a little more.”

“Of course,” Minho kissed his lover’s collarbone and both of them continued watching Sherlock until they fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

*****

 

There. Have a fluffy, domestic 2min to celebrate Minho's birthday ㅎㅎㅎ

He created an instagram omg, I am so happy and what's more thrilling is that Taemin commented his first post with lots of hearts. What a cute pair. Is that how Taemin showed how sorry he was for not answering his phone? Hihi. Can't wait for their interaction there ><

If you're wondering why I choose Wookhee as Minho's name, Wookhee is Lucas' korean name. Ever since Super M, I always see Lucas as 2min's baby so, yeah...

I wrote this from my phone during isolation, so please ignore any mistake and weird editing to this one shot. Anyway, it's really uncomfortable to be infected with covid. It's like you're not having a fever but your temperature is high, then the dry cough, I have difficulty in breathing like you're in a water up to your chin-level, and yes, happy hypoxia is real. I feel rather okay but my blood gas analysis showed that my oxygen level is only 94% that I have to get oxygen support. So dont ever underestimate covid 19.

Stay healthy, sanitise your hand and surrounding, and always wear your mask. Take extra measure to your health, because even I, with proper protective equipment still get infected with this virus.

 

Anyway, dont forget to leave comment and upvote is a perfect cherry on top to support me.

 

Love,

aqcelnicorus :D