the party.

Seven Minutes in Heaven (REWRITE 2020)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It started with a typical high school party.

 

Wheein, who had solidified herself as the school stoner, had planned a house party word-to-mouth after her parents generously forgot to lock their liquor cabinet before their weekend trip to grandmas. 

 

They were known to be quite a pair of hippies themselves. Allowing Wheein to, pretty much do whatever she wanted as long as the cops didn’t get involved.

 

And their style really showed throughout the house. Rainbow tapestries hung on every inch of the walls, dimly lit string lights gave the home a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and colorful bohemian style furniture was eye-catching and captivating. 

 

So whether or not they purposely left the cabinet unlocked was a mystery but Wheein was going to milk it for what it was worth.

 

Classmates showed up one by one, being directed towards a table lined up with shots in the kitchen, by Wheein’s right-hand man and best friend Hyejin. Some navigated their way to the living room where teens were puffing and passing a joint around in a circle.

 

Luckily, the location was practically off the grid because Wheein’s parents had issues with the government and were big-time believers in freedom and independence.

 

It came in handy when the teens would pass the auxiliary cord like a blunt and play whatever music they fancied as loud and boisterous as they could.

 

Sauntering her way through the crowd was an unexpected guest. Yongsun, an honor student and typical goody-goody, dressed surprisingly stylish in a denim skirt and crop-top. It was a huge change from her neatly tucked in uniform and posh demeanor.

 

She scanned the room and immediately found herself drawn to a head of silver-purple haired girl laughing with a group of people. The girl held a red solo cup in one hand and a cigarette in another, letting the ashes to fall on the floor in disregard.

 

Yongsun knew she was staring because when the girl gazed over to her with striking blue-grey eyes, crooked smile, and tipped her drink up in regard. Yongsun nearly toppled over in embarrassment. 

 

Instead, she blushed and followed many drunkards deeper into the party.

 

After many shots, Hyejin suggested to play a little game that got her classmates buzzing and ready to join in a heartbeat.

 

Except for one. Yongsun, a great time believer that people could have fun without the help of drugs, protested saying the game was lewd, even for a bunch of hormonal teenagers.

 

Wheein, who decided to join the game after the thought of kissing in her needy, hazy state sounded absolutely amazing right now, laughed heartily at Yongsun’s declaration. 

 

“Someone get Yongsun a drink please! God, I hate sober people.”

 

Yongsun huffed, crossing her arms, “I am NOT sober.” She was most definitely sober.

 

“Prove it!” Hyejin smirked. “Take a shot with me.”

 

Yongsun’s face contorted to disgust but the judgement of her classmates faces bored into her until she finally gave in to the peer pressure. “Fine!”

 

Hyejin clapped her hands and b-lined to to the kitchen and was back before anyone noticed. 

 

“One for you, and one for me.”

 

Yongsun peered down at the cup as if it was the most retched thing she had ever laid eyes open. Hyejin laughed and clinked her shot glass against Yongsun’s. 

 

“Cheers!”

 

“C..cheers.”

 

Hyejin swallowed her shot quickly, and let out a refreshed sigh meanwhile beside her Yongsun took languid sips, feeling the bitter hotness of the soju hit the back of . She coughed, clasping her hand over in attempt not to regurgitate the drink all over the hand and the sewed carpet underneath her.

 

Hyejin held up the empty bottle of soju, that Yongsun didn’t realize she was holding and winked to the onlookers. 

 

“Are we ready to play?”

 

The circle expanded after the show bringing in kids that neither three girls have recognized before. The empty bottle of soju spun round and round in the middle, landing on a boy with a flat-top. A girl, Yongsun recognized from history class, crawled over to the boy placing a fat kiss on his lips.

 

Yongsun feeling nervous as her turn was approaching, leaned over and whispered to Wheein, “What happens if the bottle lands on a girl?”

 

“You gotta kiss ‘em. And the rule applies to the boys to. If you don’t then you gotta take a shot.”

 

Yongsun cringed at the thought of swallowing more liquid death. Kissing a girl was obviously the best route if she wanted to leave this party before curfew.

 

“Byul! No smoking on the Parisian rug!” Wheein chastised and added, “Lets keep that mouth distracted, spin the bottle!”

 

A haughty laugh grasped Yongsun’s attention almost immediately. Her eyes quickly landed on the girl she was caught staring at a while ago.

 

The girl’s blue eyes were focused on the bottle spin, spin, spin, until it landed on its target. And it landed oh so precisely and sure on Yongsun.

 

Staring at the bottle in disbelief, Yongsun attempted to gain her senses. 

 

The bit of hesitation only fueled the fire under Hyejin’s to fulfill her mission of getting Yongsun to loosen up.

 

“We should switch things up and change it to seven minutes in heaven!” Hyejin stated and the rowdy teens agreed with her.

 

“W-wait what?” Yongsun asked slowly returning to reality. “Did you say seven.. seven minutes in heaven?”

 

“She sure did!” Wheein encouraged, helping Yongsun to her feet.

 

Proudly Hyejin announced, “And it looks like Byulyi and Yongsun are the first pair to spend seven minutes of heaven in the coat closet.”

 

A loud 'OOO' roused from the circle. Yongsun blushed feeling her whole body heat up from the attention. Byulyi, on the other hand, shrugged as the others encouraged them to get into the closet.

 

Yongsun began stammering over, around, and under her words as Wheein and Hyejin guided her into the dark closet. Byulyi followed seemingly uninterested in this childish game.

 

The door slammed shut behind them, leaving the pair in the cramped pitch black. Giggles and laughter could be heard from the outside of the door.

 

Being this close to Byulyi, Yongsun got a whiff of cigarettes, liquor, and an unrecognizable perfume. Byulyi smelled like trouble. Everything Yongsun reprimanded.

 

Her heart pounded with nervousness but mostly exhilaration. She knew Byulyi was attractive and far from anyone she had admired in the past, and that made her incredibly, incredibly, nervous.

 

“So,” The silvery voice returned ringing in her ears. “Your name is Yongsun?”

 

“Yeah and yours was?”

 

“Byulyi.”

 

“Byulyi...” Yongsun gulped tasting the name on her tongue for the first time. “Right...”

 

“Yup, star.”

 

“Mmhmm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter