The Beginning

Do You Believe In Magic?


 

Hello. My name is Min Yoongi & I don’t believe in magic. Or at least I didn’t used to.
 

I remember the summer when I was 7, I visited my grandparents for a couple of weeks. I went by myself because my parents had a business trip & my brother was at camp. It rained for a solid week that first week & there was little for a kid like me to do. I had brought some books, but I ran out of things to read within a couple of days. One afternoon, my grandmother decided to turn on an old Disney movie. I don’t remember which one. It was one with a princess. (Probably Cinderella.) I’m not really sure why she thought I’d like it. Maybe it was the only kids film she had. I don’t know. I was a little bored with it tbh (my favorite character was the cat but he didn't get a lot of screen time), but there was nothing else to do, so I sat on the couch with my grandpa & we watched the movie. At one point while watching the fairytale unfold, I remember stating that I didn’t believe in magic. My grandpa smiled at me & said “You will. When you meet her.” 

“Her?” I asked. 

“The woman who is meant to be the love of your life,” he replied & his eyes twinkled as he winked at my grandmother. 

I pretty much just brushed it off at the time. I mean, I was 7. And I’ve always been a logical thinker. Sure. I have dreams. But I tend to prefer logic over emotion. So I kinda just put it away in the back of my mind & didn’t think about what he said again for years. His words turned out to be almost prophetic though. Almost. I met girls who I crushed on & even dated a few. But no one ever really captured my heart. Until him. When he walked into my life he turned everything upside down. I didn’t expect that. I always thought I was more attracted to girls than guys. But this guy... I would have never thought I’d fall for a trainee in the same group as myself. (It just makes more sense to keep things businesslike, you know.) But my usual rules don’t really seem to apply to him.

It was around 8 o’clock in the morning & I’d been up all night writing songs. Or attempting to anyway. Stress isn’t the best inspiration. I was in serious need of caffeine l before I went to an interview for a ty side job at a company that sold septic tanks. (Don’t judge. The cost of living in Seoul is pretty expensive & I needed the money for college.) I walked into the kitchen in the dorm I shared with the other trainees & stopped dead in my tracks; my nearly empty cup of coffee that had already turned cold halfway to my lips. My fellow trainee, Taehyung, was introducing a guy I hadn’t seen before to Jin. He was the most beautiful sight I’d ever seen. He was about my height, but with a more gracefully athletic build. He was standing near the window & the sun was streaming over his left shoulder, lighting up his blond hair like a halo. Jin had apparently just told one of his crazy jokes & the new guy’s eyes absolutely disappeared into little crescents as he laughed. And his laugh was so endearing, it made my heart skip a beat. And I kinda almost wished Jin would tell another dumb joke just so I could hear that giggle again. I'm not sure how long I stood there. And I didn't realize I was staring until he glanced over at me. Suddenly, he seemed a bit nervous (my intense staring may have freaked him out a little bit) & unconsciously his lips & ran a hand through his fluffy blond locks. 
 

"Oh, Hyung, I have someone I want you to meet," began Taehyung. 
 

The corners of the y new guy's lips twitched upwards. 
 

"Hi," he said. I could barely breathe as he stepped forward holding out his hand for a handshake, "I'm Jimin."

It was then that I knew... 

Magic is real.