Her Favorite Hobby

She cares
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soyeon unnie, we’re going out for a while! Anything you want?”

The younger girl called out, quickly slipping on her boots and taking her wool jacket at the rack before wrapping it around her shoulders. Her brows furrowed and a small pout made her lips when she received no response, the rest of the girls already waiting outside. She decided to peek at the kitchen and saw that Soyeon already had her large headphones on, bopping to the music she recently created for their next comeback.

“Soyeon!” She yelled, waving her hands exaggeratedly in hopes that she’d get noticed.

Soyeon blinked a few times before she realized it was Yuqi who’s being weird again across the room. She couldn’t hear nor understand what she was saying due to the loud music on her headphones, so she just nodded her head and scurried her away. She assumed Yuqi was just letting her know that they’ll be going out again and would be home late. Soyeon never really liked the idea, but she knew better than stop those girls from spending their free time relaxing and de-stressing.

She recalled how they would shyly ask her first for permission, then eventually it became a habit of just asking her directly if she would like to join, as if not agreeing to the idea was ever an option. She smirked, turning the volume higher. She never really joined them with going out, choosing to stay and work on their songs. The members would just sigh in defeat and went on their ways nonetheless, and Soyeon didn’t mind at all.

But she noticed that recently, none of them had been asking her if she would love to join. At first, she brushed the idea off, thinking that they probably knew what response they’d get anyway. But she would admit that it made her slightly upset. It was true that she favored staying in their dorm to chill, but the thought of not being included nor considered made her sad.

Soyeon just sighed and tried to re-focus again on composing.

Yuqi waited for a response but was only met with a nod and a wave of her hand. She did not even hear a single word from Soyeon, and it made her quite unhappy. She took one last glance before she scurried away toward her members, who had been waiting and complaining about her already.

They all went to the night market that recently opened near their place, quite thankful for the few people around that surrounded the area. They honestly expected that it would be crowded given the hype it received a few days ago from the sns. But apparently, there were only a few tourists and locals who were minding their own businesses.

Shuhua was the first to excitedly dive into the stalls, pulling Soojin with her and pointing to every item she loved. As if on cue, Soojin rolled her eyes, but the cuteness in Shuhua’s aura and face betrayed her supposedly annoyed expression. In the end, she surrendered to her hints and bought almost—if not all—of the items Shuhua would love to have in their dorm. Did I also mention that Shuhua forgot her purse, too?

“Yah! I’m starting to doubt if you intentionally forgot your purse. Always!” Soojin scolded, to which Shuhua just shrugged.

“Mian~ I’ll treat you next time, I promise!” She grinned, “With my own money IN MY PURSE!” She said, emphasizing her purse to tell Soojin that she won’t forget it next time.

“Promise?”

Shuhua wrapped an arm around the older girl’s shoulder and clicked her tongue, thinking. “I’ll try.”

“YAH!”

Slapping Shuhua’s arm, the latter just let out a laugh and pushed Soojin to the next stall where they served some delicious Tteokbokki.

Not too far from the two was an anxious, but quite giddy Yuqi who was having a hard time choosing which item had the best color. She contemplated between a brown colored bucket hat and the one with a military colored print on it.

‘Both suits her either way,’ she thought, not realizing she took too long to decide that she did not notice Minnie pointed at both hats.

“Just buy both, she’ll love it.”

“Yeah, I think so too— yah!!’

Minnie smiled sheepishly at Yuqi who seemed to be quite surprised and embarrassed.

“How’d you know it was for Soyeon unnie!?”

“I don't.”

Yuqi would honestly love to bury herself now for blurting out unnecessary things. On the other hand, Minnie had this teasing smirk the whole time, annoying Yuqi the most. The former let out a playful scowl and pushed Minnie away.

“Yah, why are you pushing me?!” She teased, “Am I not helping you?”

“Just go!”

Yuqi stuck her tongue out at her and huffed, causing Minnie to laugh before she jogged back toward Miyeon, who seemed to be enthralled with the little crystal, hand-made bracelets.

Yuqi haggled and hoarded a lot of items before she decided to go back early, texting the rest of her members while halting a taxi. She was surprised by the amount of bags she was holding: three medium-sized paper bags on her right, two at her left, and a few take out boxes. Nevertheless, a satisfied and excited smile plastered on her face.

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

Soyeon was too drowned with working on the composition for their next comeback and was also too bored with the seemingly gloomy and lethargic atmosphere in their dorm. She decided to take some break and grabbed some snacks before she turned her camera on, going live with the Neverland to fill up the dreading silence.

“Annyeong!” Soyeon greeted, “How are you Neverlands~”

She was behind her production table, a snack on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter