Prologue

Her & Her

Everyone who's never spent a day with Kim Yeonhee would say she looks like a polite and kind girl. A hardworking but unfortunate girl fresh out of college without a penny to her name. That her family's poor condition is holding her back and forcing her to take on a low-paying job instead of letting her pursue her dream as an accountant or personal assistant. But anyone who knows her would say that's true, except she has no family and no interest in accounting or becoming anyone's personal assistant.

And she's fresh out of high school--three years ago.

No, Yeonhee is an average young woman with a common dream. To settle down before she turns 25.

At ages 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17, her wish was to date the coolest girl at her middle and high schools, Kim Suyun. But when Yeonhee finally confessed at 17, Suyun's response was;

"You like me? Wanna know who I like? My mom. And she can't even stand the sight of me. Guess we can't have everything we like, huh?"

It was horrible.

Not only was she rejected by the coolest girl, but the second coolest girl Kim Suyun's best friend, Seo Yungkyoung, also laughed at her.

Thankfully Yeonhee timed it perfectly and Winter break saved her from two weeks of humiliation at school. However, after their break period, what happened seemed to have been wiped out of Suyun and Yunkyoung's memory. Around Yeonhee, they acted as they always had--her existence was acknowledged but they didn't care to know her name, her favorite subject, her highest and lowest grades, and her background. For all they know, her dad could be the head of a mafia gang and her mom the nation's president.

So Yeonhee had no choice but to construct her own explanation. And she concluded that it was a common occurrence, girls confessing to the duo, and therefore meant very little to them.