A Day at the Beach

Boy Culture

The sun shined down on the crowded board walk. The scorching worse than any day before to Luhan as him and his mother waited in line to get ice cream. The little boy held onto his mother's yellow sundress as he always did. Luhan already had in mind which one he wanted and eyed the menu from where they were standing.

Time seemed to go slow as the line wasn't getting shorter and each kid that got ice cream before Luhan made him even more anxious.

"Oh, our family flew in from Seoul for vacation."

"Very nice. I've never really traveled that far. Especially after I had my Luhan."

Luhan's mother was having a conversation with the woman in front of them. The woman took a glance at Luhan and smiled and he returned a bigger one back.

The women continued the conversation and eventually the line got shorter. When the family in front got their frozen treats, Luhan's mother greeted the man behind the stand.

"What can I get for you ma'am?"

"Hello, I would like a vanilla Sundae and my son.."

Luhan's mother looked back to see that Luhan wasn't behind her. She looked frantically for her son and called out his name.

"Luhan!"

The surrounding people stopped and stared. She ignored the looks, panicking as she got out of line. Continuing to scream her son's name. She began walking down the boardwalk, glancing in all directions. Checking the faces of children she passed, hoping to see Luhan's face appear. She thought to herself that her son was only four, he couldn't have gone far. But soon seconds turned into minutes, then minutes turned into hours.

There was no sign of Luhan and by now workers and volunteers helped search for the boy, while his mother couldn't keep from weeping. Calling out his name while being comforted by other mothers.

Eventually a worker yelled that he found a little boy. Everyone rushed to a storage room down by the dock. Luhan's mother wasted no time shoving people out of her way and when she reached the little shack she layed eyes on the little boy sitting in a ball on the floor.

Tears kept streaming down her eyes as she noticed it was Luhan, but his nose and lips were bleeding. Luhan cried out with his arms reaching out for his mama to hold him.

she ran and engulfed her baby in her arms, noticing not only the blood on his face but that her son's shorts were gone.

"What happened, who did this to you?!"

She held Luhan in one arm and tried to find his shorts with her free hand. Continuously asking Luhan what happened, which the boy could only reply with cries.

The people outside gathered watching this mother and her crying son in distress.

"Who did this to you? Tell mommy who hurt you?"

"Mommy."

"I know baby, I'm hear. Please, tell mommy what happened."

A year passed after that day and Luhan's mother had become clinically ill. Soon passing away from her condition. With no family left to take care of Luhan, he was sent to a children's home in Busan.

 

 

HELLO, this is a prologue and one of the flashbacks in this story. In the present, Luhan is 15 years old. There is some trigger warning content with abuse and drugs in later chapters, so viewer discretion advised.