Taking The Lead: A Sungmin Fiction

Taking The Lead: A Sungmin Fiction


The flourescent lights of the Dance hall flickered as you the light switch and put down your gym bag. You pulled out your earphones and attached your pink iPod to the speakers next to the mirror. You sighed deeply with relief….it was finally Thursday.

Thursdays were when the dance hall of your local gym was entirely deserted. Usually, it was used for Martial Arts clubs or Dance practice for the ballet students who lived in the area. You always wanted to be a dancer, but you hated being told what to do. At least, when you went on your own, you could dance the way you wanted. You were your own teacher.  Hip Hop,  Popping, Breakdancing and dancing with attitude was more your thing.

The music started and you began to warm up your body. After stretching a little, you let your mind go blank and began to lead yourself into your own little world. Your breath came out in short pants as you strived for excellence in your dancing, practicing your wave dance and moving your hips to the beat. You loved feeling this free. Nobody knew that you danced; you never told anybody. It was just your little secret, something that only you enjoyed. Who else would understand just wanting to dance alone? They wouldn't get it, they'd try and encourage you to go to a school or something. And then it would become too serious. It wouldn't belong to you anymore.

The bassline crept into your head and you studied your moves in the mirrored wall before you. Sweat dripped down your forehead as you danced around the room, embracing the melody and the beat.
A few hours later, you turned off your music and you sat on the floor, exhausted. You reached into your bag for a bottle of water. As you drank, the music started again. Startled, you turned suddenly, to see a black haired boy looking at you, smiling politely. His build was manly and muscualr, but his face was as gentle, like a prince. His eyes were smiling with him and his posture was shy. You were so shocked at his striking looks that you didn't even speak. Somehow, he had enchanted you and all you could do was stare. You didn't even question what he was doing here.

He walked closer to you and held out his hand. You took it and stood up to face him. There was nothing said between you, but you never broke eye contact. Staring intensely at each other, you felt his hand go to hold your waist. As he held you in a dancing position, he led you around the room, dancing with you. Was he a professional?  He seemed so strong. Your heart was beating out of your chest as he spun you around and leant you backwards in the finishing pose. Who was this guy? You looked deep into his piercing eyes as the music stopped and all that could be heard was the two of you breathing hard against each others face. Your face burned as he stood uyou upright again, and you kind of liked that you didn't know his name, and you decided to take advantage of the situation you were in.
"Yes, very impressive," You said, coyly. "But can you do this?"
You switched the music to a short R'n'B track, and danced to it in a y, strong manner. You saw him observing you and you enjoyed the way he smiled at your curves. He looked at you in a way that was different to when he first walked in. He wasn't timid any more. He was biting his lip, and narrowing his eyes. He seemed to really like what he saw. The song finished and you did a funny curtsey which made him laugh. You already liked so much about him, yet you had no idea who he was. Finally he approached you and replied.

"You're good. Can I dance with you again?"

You giggled andcovered your mouth with the sleeve of your hoodie. To your luck, the iest song you had on you iPod suddenly started to fill the room with a hungry, electric atmosphere. Your whole head was spinning and the guy slowly took your hand and turned you so your back was to him. He held your hips as you swayed them with his, your head leaning back with your hand gently his face. As the music progressed, your swaying bodies grew closer, like magnets to metal.

"I like you…" He said, as his arms closed around you.

Your ears pricked up and your heart filled up like a balloon full of helium and you feared it would burst.

"I-I like you too…but I don't even know your name…"
The music began to fade out, and he whispered into your ear.

"Sungmin…" He said, as you turned to face him.

"_______" you said.  Sungmin lifted your chin with his gentle hand.  His face drew closer to yours and you thought your heart would explode.

His lips caught yours in a fiery moment and he held you in his arms firmly. There was nothing gentle about his kiss as he pushed you to the mirrored wall and pressed his lips to yours harder. You smiled through the kiss, enjoying everything about how strong and fierce he was. Before you knew what was happening, he had lifted you up and wrapped your legs around his waist, pushing you firmly to the mirror for balance. His hot breath was sweet on your tongue and you fell into him completely.

Finally, your lips parted and your eyes met. He still held you up, lifting you as if you were weightless. He smiled at you and kissed your neck gently, breathing onto your skin in a way that made every inch of you tingle. His lips still pressed to your neck, he put you down slowly and as his voice was as soft as a whisper.

"Can I come and see you again?"

You smiled and the back of his neck, chuckling as you saw a shiver go through him. You went to kiss him softly, to which he said with a cheeky smile,

"I'll take that as a yes…"

You left together that evening, his hand in yours. This was the start of something  fantastic.