The swiveling thoughts

Under the warmth of our place

It can’t be, right? Sure, she cares for her. Heck, she cares for everyone. But why do people keep telling her that there is something more behind the gaze she keeps sending her?

How there is an unsaid affection whenever she looked at her being too focused with her work. How there is a worry whenever she spotted a dark bag under her eyes from the lack of sleep. How the world brightens around her, surrounding her like a halo whenever she flashed her the beautiful smile that she secretly adores.

The perfectly circuited mind of her turned into a haywire as the last sentence caught her off guard. No, this can’t be.

She can't fall in love with Joohyun.

Her dark brown eyes focused on the green grass at the back porch of her house, the place that she got after working hard in the same institution with her. Trying to calm down the wrecked mind of her after realizing her feelings that has been accumulated inside her heart for a while.

All the unconscious action that she obliviously did, that everyone caught as clear as the blue sky. That she keeps shrugging it off since it just can’t be. The thought is too complex for her genius mind to process.

She’s beautiful? Yeah, she admits that. She’s kind? Very. Perfect in the job that she did? Of course. Always got angry when she was defeated by her as the employee of the month? Sure. It’s what makes her being pretty close with Joohyun, if she needs to be honest about it.

The unsaid competition that lingering around them, somehow connecting them to be closer and dangerously already sneaking its way through her heart, tightening it with the warmth that she still didn’t grow familiar with, but she knew she was content with it.

She let out a deep sigh, trying not to think about it too much. Pushing it deep inside the deepest part of her brain. Trying not to let it consume her mind as a whole. Putting rationality in between it so she will stay in the reality that seems to be a bit too beautiful for her nowadays.

A familiar small, warm hand grasped her thigh softly. Clenching it a bit to gain her attention away from the boring green grass that is currently dancing through the soft blow of the afternoon wind. “Seungwan? Is there something wrong?”

Her gaze quickly looked at her slightly worried face, making a small wrinkle formed between her soft and delicate eyebrows. Her fingers quickly balled its way into a fist, trying to hold back her own thumb to try soothing away the disturbing wrinkles.

Goodness, her mind really caught herself up by forgetting there is Joohyun currently sitting right beside her at the back porch after she invites her to have lunch together at her place. The impromptu lunch invitation that she asked to her after their workplace suddenly decided to let them go back respectfully to their own private place a bit earlier than usual.

She flashed her a small smile, trying to convince her that she is indeed fine. Even though her mind is still in complete haywire, especially after she felt the electricity running through her body when her hand innocently grasped her thigh in a firm grip. “No, nothing is wrong.”

Joohyun raised her eyebrow, and wasn't feeling satisfied with her answer. You see, many people told her that she is the kind of someone that is too easy to read. She placed her heart right at her sleeves, making her like an open book that every person can freely access into. The book that secretly grows a feeling of dread, in fear of being easily read by a certain someone that was suddenly the last reader she wants to give her a chance to read.

“I am alright, unnie,” Seungwan said once again. “You know my mind never stops thinking, right?”

A snort escaped its way from Joohyun. “Tell your genius mind to shut up for once. It’s too loud sometimes. Such a bother for me.”

“It’s going to be quite hard,” sighed Seungwan, didn’t find any motivation or push to shift her gaze back to the green grass.

How could she, when Joohyun is there beside her, look like an angel assigned to accompany her miserable, completely infatuated self that day? Looking so beautiful when she almost did nothing to look like one. Just her natural beauty that can entice the whole crowd just by a glance of her mesmerizing doe eyes.

Her eyes decided to fixate its way of glance to the wondering brown orbs. Looking content and comfortable with the scenery above her. The clear sky with splatters of soft clouds around it, like God decided to just leave and finish His own painting in its abstract form. The beautiful view of something that she loves the most.

When Joohyun told her that she loves to watch the sky, she received a beautiful smack on her head from her because she was questioning what was so interesting about watching the boring blue that spreads widely above them.

“Why am I getting smacked,” grumbled Seungwan, rubbing the sore spot of the back of her head that being the poor victim of the wrath of Joohyun’s palm.

“Because it’s not boring,” gritted Joohyun in annoyance, calming herself down by releasing a deep, slow sigh. Her brown eyes glancing its way back to the sky that started to change its colour into a gradation of orange and purple. “It’s calming. Relaxing. I don’t know why, but my mind started to feel empty when I looked into the sky. Erasing my worries and all my stresses about work. Injecting me with this new wave of energy that I rarely get from something.”

She just looked at the side of her face in dumbfounding, didn’t quite catch what she meant by that explanation. Her shoulders just give it a shrug, boringly joining her to look at the dawn sky.

Seungwan blinked as her mind went on a haywire thinking once again. Wondering when she will get that kind of gaze and affection from her. When will she catch the mirth that always dances inside the beautiful doe eyes whenever she looks at the scenery above. She wants to experience it. Heck, will she even get it from her in the first place.

Her eyes moved downward towards the red and plump lips that looked so inviting. That can spill every kind of words that she sometimes chuckles to, annoyed to, adore to.

She doesn’t know why her body suddenly leaned forward, trying to catch it with her own pair. There is no reaction from the woman beside her, so her body did the one thing that she wants the most.

Her heart burst into festive fireworks once she touched the soft lips. This is the feeling that she rarely gets. The feelings of euphoria that she only acquires in this kind of thing. She moved slightly, trying to deepen their connection, when her mind caught something that made her eyes open in realization.

A gasp escaped from as she pulled back her lips from the kiss, looking at her with wide eyes and shocked filled in her gaze.

“You, you didn’t pull back,” whispered Seungwan in shock, slightly stuttering on her way to coherent the things that her mind caught.

Joohyun blinked as her lips that tasted like a sweet berry slowly formed into a small smile that could make her heart somersaults in madness. “Why should I?”

Seungwan just looked at her in disbelief, like a deer caught in headlights. Her gaze moves downwards once again, towards the awaiting red lips of her. She doesn’t know if it's just her hallucination, or Joohyun does slightly lean herself towards her.

Well, she doesn’t need her mind to continue thinking, since they connect their lips once again. This time deeper, and less awkward than before. She felt her hand touch her cheeks, cupping it softly as she pulled her in for more. Feeling greedy for the beautiful, amazing sensation of their lips touching and moving against each other in the beautiful waltz created at the back porch of her home.

She let out a chuckle as she felt her smile on their kiss, finally feeling content and in peace with the havoc inside her mind and her heart. Reaching the final conclusion that she has longed for it to finally happen for long secretly.

They flashed each other a smile once they pulled back from their second kiss. “That’s much more wonderful than what I thought in the first place.”

Seungwan raised her eyebrow. “You have been wondering about us kissing each other? For how long?”

“As long as you can ever imagine,” answered Joohyun with a playful, slightly annoyed tone. Geez, she had made her waiting for too long just to make the awaited first move.

The former just smiled from her answer. “Want to stay at my place for a bit longer? For dinner?”

This time, Joohyun is the one who raised her eyebrow. “I didn’t know you are a quite eager woman, Seungwan.”

“Need to carve my own path to win a woman’s heart.”

The woman beside her just slipped out a chuckle as she pulled her in for another kiss. Seungwan felt content enough to make it as the answer for her unasked, dreaded question. Agreeing with her crazy, marvellous offer.

---

It can’t be, right? No, it can be. She cares for her? Yes. More than how she cares for everyone? Yes. Realizing that her gaze that she sends for her is different from what she used to send to everyone? Undoubtedly.

She is in love with Joohyun. And she is not denying that clear fact anymore. Not when Joohyun also reciprocates the same feelings to her.

Her dark brown eyes looked at the wonderful sight of her back. Comfortably sitting herself at the back porch of her–no, their, counted by how many times her girlfriend has stayed over–home, doing the thing that she loves to do in that place. Watching the drifting clouds while letting the day move forwards without any hindrance.

made a slight nervous movement as the ring suddenly decided to feel heavier inside her palm. Keep reminding her about the thing that she needs to do now. The perfectly planned thing that has been bugging her mind for ages.

And now, it’s the right time for her to execute the humble, grand plan.

Seungwan cleared with a slight nervousness, trying to call her attention away from the wonderful afternoon sky above to her. “Hey, Joohyun.”

“What is it, Seungwan?” hummed Joohyun softly as she twisted her back, fixing her wonderful doe eyes on her. Catching the mirth that has beautifully dancing inside the brown orbs once it landed on her being. Like she was the only thing matter in the world now.

Her cheeks blushed at the thought. The grasping on her ring grew tighter. “Can I ask you something?”

Joohyun raised her eyebrow from her fidgety form, feeling weird about the nervous act that Seungwan did now. But she put her full attention to her, waiting for her question to finally be asked.

---

And Seungwan, with a content and relieved smile on her face, feeling all the nervousness go away and her heart filled with love and wonder, as the answer that she got from the game changing question that she gave to her, is a wonderful yes.