Ground Zero

Project L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[6PM - Underground Research Facility somewhere in Daegu, Gyeongsang, South Korea]

 

“At what point did you think it was a good idea to tase them?” A gruff man wearing a white lab coat hissed at his companion as they walked briskly heading to the end of the hall.

 

“I’m sorry sir, I panicked” a thin man in uniform who looked to be in his early twenties kept his head albeit down while continuing to walk side by side with the doctor.

 

“Your sorries shouldn't be to me, but to them!”,  The doctor raised his voice and stopped in front of a white door. “Open the door and apologize” he gestured for the security personnel to open the steel door in front of them. 

 

Initially the security guard was hesitant, but when he saw the furrowed eyebrows from the man in white, he fished out his keys and unlocked the cell door.

 

As soon as the door was unlocked the doctor entered the cell and pulled the security guard with him.

 

“Hello 37, how are you feeling?”

 

Even in the dimly lit cell, both individuals could make out the huddled figure in the corner of the room staring blankly at them. Onyx gray eyes that bore holes to their being seem to shine despite the limited light in the confines of the room.

 

“I believe Youngmin owes you an apology for earlier.” Upon saying the doctor pushes forward the shaking security guard beside him. The impact wasn’t strong but given how terrified Youngmin looked his knees buckled and he fell to floor kneeling.

 

With his head still cast down he muttered an inaudible apology. Well to the doctor it was inaudible, to the other occupant in the room it was loud and clear.

 

“Apologize you idiot” the doctor nudged the guard with his feet and the Youngmin apologized again, “I’m so sorry for tasing you earlier. I was surprised that’s all. Please don’t hurt me!”

 

On another occasion guards wouldn’t be afraid of the beings that occupy the cell, given that they have their proper gear. However, prior to this visit, the doctor asked him to get rid of his security apparatus.

 

Youngmin proceeded to lean forward until he was fully giving a ninety degree bow towards the hidden figure. As he was concerned for his own safety, he did not notice the doctor slowly moving out of the room, nor the change in look those onyx eyes showed.

 

He was only able to be aware of his surroundings when he heard the door close shut and a low growl echoes in the room.

 

“Doctor?!” He quickly turned around and sprung to his feet, he tried to open the door but he knew the only way to open it was from the outside. He tried to reach his arm out from the tiny window slot of the door, “Doctor? Wha.. what?!” He gave out a desperate plea, that was returned with a devilish look.

 

“Listen, it’s really not easy to let someone go but I had hoped 37 could keep you company on your last day. Afterall you and her seemed to have bonded quite a bit earlier...” the Doctor proceeded to speak but Youngmin could only drown out the sounds as he heard the growling behind him sound closer than before.

 

“Doctor please I’m sorry” Youngmin pleaded one last time but his cries had gone on deaf ears as the man in white turned away and walked back to the direction they originally came from.

 

“Hello Mr Kim, shall we play?” the calm voice behind him raised the hairs on his body. He raised a fist to the direction of the voice, but only hit air, he soon felt a strong impact on his abdomen that made him crouch in pain.

 

“Argh!” The impact was a strength he’s never experienced before, it felt almost as if he had broken a rib, ‘Maybe two…’

 

“Is that all you can do Mr Kim?”

 

He gasped and looked to his left, eyes meeting the same onyx ones earlier. Only this time they were closer a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter