Jonghyun, Stop it!

His and His Circumstances

 

"Jonghyun stop it!"
 
"NOOOOOO!!!!" The little kid, about 4 or 5, screams as he tries to pry away from his mother who's pulling him by the wrist.
 
"Jonghyun calm down!" The young mother reprimands the boy who's now throwing his body everywhere just to escape from his mother's grasp.
 
"You scaredy cat."
 
Jonghyun stops thrashing for a moment and turns to look at the boy who made that remark.
 
"Who you callin' scaredy cat you alien frog?!"
 
The kid who appears to be skinnier than Jonghyun and with bigger eyes looks left and right then straight to Jonghyun again, "Hmn.. You."
 
"Minho, that's bad." The mother tells her child. Jonghyun blows raspberry at Minho who blows a longer and louder raspberry back.
 
"Jonghyun!"
 
"Minho!"
 
Both mothers reprimand their children who turns quiet after hearing the voice of their own moms but without sneaking a face to annoy the other child.
 
"I'm sorry about my Jonghyun, it's his first time to a kindergarten. I'm Kim Minju."
 
"They're kids. No wonder about that. I'm Choi Sul-hee. We just moved last month and me and my husband decided to enter Minho early in school."
 
"Oh. How old is your young one?"
 
"I'm 4." Minho holds up four fingers in front of him.
 
"You're younger just by a year, this is your hyung Jonghyun, Minho-sshi." Minju pushes his little boy forward to Minho but her son frowns.
 
"I don't like you, alien frog!"
 
"I don't like you too, you dinosaur!!!"
 
"Minho be nice!"
 
"Jonghyun, don't be rude!"
 
"Kim Jonghyun? Choi Minho?" A teacher calls as she exits her classroom, the mothers calls the attention of the teacher and she heads towards them.
 
"Hi! I'm Nam Sujin. Are they the little ones? Sorry for waiting. We were having trouble sorting out the section of the pupils."
 
"No problem, we just arrived." Minju tells the teacher.
 
"Okay. You can pick them up after 4 hours. Jonghyun-shi, Minho-shi, say goodbye to your mommies."
 
"Bye umma!!" Minho kisses his mother then takes his teacher's hand.
 
"G... Goodbye?!? UMMA!!! Dun leave me!!!" Jonghyun bursts into tears and grabs hold of his mother tight.
 
"Let go Jonghyun. Go with Ms. Nam and Minho."
 
"DUN WANNA!!" Jonghyun begins thrashing himself all over again without letting go of his mother.
 
"You'll see your umma later Jonghyun-shi." The teacher tells the boy.
 
"SCAREDY DINOSAUR."
 
"ALIEN FROG!" Jonghyun retaliates then steps hard on Minho's foot.
 
"OWWW!!!" Minho cries out.
 
"JONGHYUN!!" Minju calls out then faces Sul-hee and bows three times, "I'm so sorry! I'm really sorry!"
 
"It's okay, Minju. They're just being kids."
 
Jonghyun bows in front of Minho too after watching her mother did, "I... I'm sorry."
 
Minho smiles as he wipes the tears that formed on the brim of his eyes, "I'm sorry too."
 
The teacher smiles then takes Jonghyun's hand, "Looks like it will be easier for our little Jonghyunnie now that he has a new friend."
 
"See you later baby." Minju pecks Jonghyun's cheek then wipes away the dried tears there.
 
"How about coffee while waiting for our boys?" Sul-hee asks and Minju nods.
 
-----
 
The teacher places Minho at the back of the class with Jonghyun in front of him.
 
Jonghyun fidgets on his seat as if waiting for the right timing to run away while Minho dilligently seats on his chair.
 
The classes start with Jonghyun looking out the door every minute hoping that his mom will arrive soon.
 
"Okay class, get a friend so you can draw together."
 
The kids immediately follows the teacher, getting a friend with them except for Jonghyun who doesn't budge.
 
"Jonghyun-ah, who's your partner?" Sujin asks and the little boy shrugs.
 
"I'm his partner."
 
Jonghyun turns to his back and smiles when he sees Minho holding up his hand with a big smile on his face.
 
-----
 
"Wake up, hyung!"
 
" off..."
 
Minho jumps off the window he climbed up to and jumps on Jonghyun's bed. He shakes the older boy awake.
 
"Wake up or we'll be late!"
 
" off Choi Minho!" Jonghyun kicks Minho off the bed but the taller boy just crawls back up.
 
The door slowly opens with Minju smiling, "Oh, good you're here Minho! Please wake him up and you can join us for breakfast."
 
"Will do so!" Minho beams and Minju closes the door behind her.
 
"You heard her." Minho tells Jonghyun then goes for an elbow drop straight to Jonghyun's stomach.
 
"MOTHERING---CHOI MINHO!!!" Jonghyun screams as he doubles over from the pain.
 
"Good morning hyung~"
 
"You just don't give up, huh? You alien! I'll get back at you!"
 
Jonghyun, now 17, jumps off the bed then smacks Minho hard on the head.
 
"Go downstairs already! I'm gonna take a shower!"
 
"I'll wait here."
 
"Whatever." The older boy grabs a towel and heads to the shower.
 
Twenty minutes later Jonghyun walks out with his towel hanging by the hip and letting his wet hair drip onto his body.
 
He finds Minho sleeping, he smirks. Revenge will be sweet, he thought. He walks over to his bed, hovering on top of his bestfriend, then he stops short, "That can't be right..." He whispers as he touches his chest where his heart is beating three times the normal.
 
Jonghyun turns his back and just changes to his school uniform.
 
"Alien, wake up!"
 
Minho grunts then gets off the bed, "I'm awake."
 
"Yeah right."
 
-----
 
"I have soccer practice. I won't go home with you." Minho tells Jonghyun during lunch break.
 
"Sure." Jonghyun keeps eating his lunch.
 
"By the way, I think I'm in love."
 
Jonghyun almost chokes on his food, "You?!"
 
Minho leans back on the chair, "Yeah. He's a dancer for the school. A year younger than me."
 
"Why am I only hearing about him now?"
 
Jonghyun knows that his bestfriend swings the other way when Minho told him 3 years ago but this is really the first time Minho brought the subject of love to the table.
 
"Because we weren't dating then."
 
"You're dating now?"
 
"Yeah. Oh, here he comes." Minho waves a hand to Lee Taemin, of course Jonghyun knows him, everybody does.
 
"Hi." The bubbly boy greets Jonghyun as he slides next to Minho.
 
"Hey."
 
"Taemin-ah, my bestfriend. This is Jonghyun-hyung." Minho introduces them.
 
"I know him Minho-sshi." Taemin smiles, "Who doesn't? He's the star of the music club."
 
"Right. I've known him forever I forgot he is popular."
 
Jonghyun laughs, "Ditto to you, soccer star."
 
The three of them laugh at this, "I always nag him for me to meet you, hyung. He just won't give me the time of day and yeeey! Today you and I meet!" Taemin giggles, Jonghyun smiles.
 
-----
 
It's been three months since Jonghyun met and befriended Minho's boyfriend.
 
"How about you hyung? Dating?" Minho asks as the younger lies on Jonghyun's bed while the other plays his guitar.
 
"Yeah."
 
Minho sits up in surprise, "Who?!"
 
"She's from another school. Met her last month when I joined the competition." Jonghyun tells him as if it's no surprise to his bestfriend.
 
"Does she have a name?"
 
"Sekyung. Shin Sekyung." Jonghyun smiles, Minho smiles too.
 
"I'm glad hyung. I'm happy you're happy."
 
"Yeah."
 
Minho lies on the bed again and watches as Jonghyun sings along as he plays the stringed instrument.
 
"I remember how we met."
 
"Shut up Minho." Jonghyun retorts without looking at him.
 
Minho laughs but continues on, "You annoying crybaby."
 
"One day you'll be the one crying." Jonghyun tells him authoratively.
 
"We'll see." Minho tells him then removes his shirt as he walks to the shower, "I'm sleeping over."
 
"Do what you want."
 
They're lying in bed around ten in the evening when Minho breaks the silence, "Are you serious with her?"
 
"I dunno. Maybe? I'm 17. Who gets serious at 17?"
 
"I see. But I'm serious with Taemin."
 
Jonghyun turns quiet, then lies on his side, back Minho.
 
"Sleeping already?"
 
"Nope. Just turning away from you."
 
"You ." Minho turns and pulls Jonghyun hard on the shoulder, making the older boy face him. The younger is now hovering above his hyung with their faces inches away from each other.
 
"Uhh, uhmm..." Minho stutters and immediately lies on his back, "goodnight hyung."
 
"Night." Jonghyun manages to say without being obvious that his heart is about to leap from his chest.
 
-----
 
"When do we meet her?" Taemin asks a month later during lunch time.
 
"I dunno." Jonghyun keeps eating his meal, Taemin nudges him.
 
"Oh come on hyung! It's been a month since Minho-sshi told me! I'm dying to know her!"
 
Minho stays quiet and watches as his bestfriend eat, "Yeah... When do we meet her?"
 
"Later this afternoon. I'm picking her up." Jonghyun tells them without even sounding amorous to his girlfriend.
 
"Yeeey!!"
 
Later that afternoon they go to the neighboring school to pick up Sekyung who runs immediately to her boyfriend to give him a peck on the lips.
 
Minho feels his heart ache to his own surprise.
 
"Are they them?" She asks as he locks her hand with Jonghyun.
 
"Yup." Jonghyun smiles, a smile of a loving boyfriend who missed his girlfriend badly.
 
"This giant alien is Minho, my bestfriend and his cute boyfriend Taemin."
 
"Let's eat!!" Taemin exclaims and Sekyung giggles.
 
Minho and Taemin sit across the couple in a local diner as they wait for their dinner to come.
 
He watches as Jonghyun plays with Sekyung's hair and the girl will giggle in delight. He stares as Jonghyun whisper sweet nothings in her ears and it almost makes the younger male burst into flames out of sheer anger.
 
"Get a room, will you?"
 
Jonghyun jerks up to look at Minho, "What's that?"
 
"Uh, do you know where the restroom is?"
 
"Oh. Just to the back. Come on Minho, we've been here billions of times." Jonghyun smiles and Minho excuses himself.
 
They spend the night in that diner sharing a nice dinner, a hyperball Taemin asking too many questions, the couple across them giggling and blushing with every answer while Minho just grits his teeth in silence.
 
-----
 
"Don't think I didn't notice..."
 
"Huh?" Minho turns to his boyfriend who's walking beside him as they walk home together.
 
"You were jealous."
 
"I wasn't. I just didn't like how they act."
 
Taemin sighs then looks at Minho, "How do you want them to act? They're a couple."
 
"Like any normal couple would."
 
Taemin looks at him then to himself, "they're definitely normal compared to us."
 
Minho tsks, "Look I'm tired. Can we just move on?"
 
Taemin takes Minho's hand and stays quiet.
 
-----
 
"HOLY !" Jonghyun yelps when he sees Minho climbing up his window after taking a shower a week after the meeting with Sekyung.
 
"Sorry. Should have called."
 
"Should have used the front door." Jonghyun who has calmed down tells him and continues to change.
 
"I'm an alien, I enter territory without permission though."
 
"Right." Jonghyun smiles then crawls into his bed, Minho crawls beside him.
 
"You do own a bedroom, right?" Jonghyun teases, Minho just grunts.
 
"I kind of hate you right now. You liar."
 
Jonghyun smacks Minho's shoulder, "I am not a liar."
 
"Then why do you act so indifferent when we talk about your girlfriend then act like a cheesy boyfriend when you're around her?"
 
Jonghyun stops for a moment then sighs, "Because I don't want to blush in front of you. She's awesome. I love her. I didn't want you to see how I am around her because you'd tease me."
 
"Go on." Minho tells him, his voice quivering.
 
"We're about to graduate in 4 months right? We're planning on getting in to the same university. You know, be a campus couple and stuff."
 
Minho turns his back on his hyung, "I really really hate you right now."
 
Jonghyun shakes Minho and tries his best for the younger to face him, "Hey, I'll come visit you. Don't be mad."
 
But Minho doesn't budge. Jonghyun keeps shaking him to no avail. The older stops when he hears Minho hiccups.
 
"Are you crying?"
 
Minho doesn't respond for a few minutes before speaking, "I'm just getting this feeling that I will lose you soon."
 
"But I won't leave you, you crybaby."
 
Minho turns and hugs Jonghyun, too close for comfort, and buries his head on his hyung's chest.
 
Minho doesn't tell Jonghyun the truer reason why he's a crying mess right now. He doesn't tell him that he's crying because he didn't know it'll hurt that much when he finally saw Sekyung and Jonghyun together.
 
It's not the same. And he wasn't ready for it.
 
-----
 
"Minho... Wake up." Jonghyun shakes his bestfriend awake to no avail.
 
"It's cold..." Minho whispers and pulls the blanket over his head.
 
Jonghyun checks on Minho's forehead, "You're burning up!" The older jumps off the bed and to the shower immediately to get a cold towel. He places it on Minho's forehead.
 
"You're never sick..."
 
"I... I get sick when I cry... A lot than... Normal..."
 
"Oh god. I'm so sorry... Just sleep, I'll get mom to cook you some soup..." Jonghyun leaves the room in a flash and Minho can barely hear his bestfriend shouting frantically about fever, soup and a miracle.
 
Jonghyun spends the day taking care of his bestfriend, not leaving his side except to use the bathroom.
 
"Eat your lunch, Jonghyun." Minju tells him as she brings food to his son and to Minho.
 
"Mom...?" Jonghyun calls out to his mom in a hushed voice, trying not to wake Minho.
 
"Yes?" His mother turns to him.
 
"What if...? What if he's in love with me?"
 
Minju smiles, "What about it then?"
 
"... What if I love him too?"
 
"Love is a wonderful thing Jonghyun. If you do, I won't protest. Minho's a wonderful boy, but I don't want you to hurt anybody else. You have Sekyung, and he has Taemin - if you love him, if he loves you, you two will not hurt the people involved with you." Minju explains then gives a kiss on her son's head.
 
"Mom... You're awesome."
 
Minju smirks then shrugs her shoulders proudly, "I know."
 
She leaves the room then Jonghyun shakes Minho awake, "Time for lunch."
 
Minho grunts, "I have no appetite..."
 
"Eat, you alien!"
 
"Feed me."
 
"Fineee."
 
After eating together and Minho taking his medicine, Minho falls asleep again. It's around four in the afternoon when he wakes to the sound of Jonghyun talking on the phone.
 
"I'm sorry, Kyungie... I know I promised us a movie but I have to take care of him."
 
Minho opens his eyes lazily and he can see a blurry figure pacing outside the bedroom, "He lives 2 blocks from me, and mom already called his mom. He's staying over til he's fine. Kyungie... I would've done the same to you when you get sick..."
 
Somehow Minho can barely hear a woman angrily speaking on the other line, "Sekyung, I'll make it up to you."
 
"You're awake?"
 
Minho grunts and sees Taemin sitting on the other side of the bed where his back is turned.
 
"Hyung called me and I came here immediately."
 
Jonghyun enters the bedroom, "Sorry about that Taeminnie..."
 
"That's okay, hyung." The maknae smiles.
 
"How long have you been here...?" Minho hoarsely asks.
 
"Maybe an hour?" Taemin answers.
 
"He brought you fruits. Such a sweet boyfriend." Jonghyun teases.
 
"Thanks."
 
Taemin starts peeling an orange while Jonghyun puts a thermometer on Minho's mouth.
 
"It's the first time I've actually been here." Taemin gushes as he continues peeling the fruit.
 
"You haven't had the reason to be." Jonghyun tells him then takes out the instrument as he checks on his bestfriend's temperature, "Hmmm, 38.1•C. Well, at least your fever is breaking."
 
"Eat this, so you can get better." Taemin feeds Minho with the fruits he bought, and Jonghyun watches in silence.
 
"Thanks, Minnie..." Minho smiles to the younger boy, he steals a glance to his bestfriend then back to Taemin, "You missed Saturday practice?"
 
The maknae shakes his head, "Didn't finish the session. Ran here for you. I did spend at least three hours there."
 
"Thanks. You're so considerate."
 
"I'm gonna leave the both of you for awhile." Jonghyun tells them, Taemin shakes his head, "No hyung, stay!"
 
Taemin jumps up and hands the tray of fruits to Jonghyun, "I have to go home anyway."
 
"Uhh, okay?" Jonghyun replies, baffled by the maknae's actions.
 
Taemin smiles then pats Minho's head, "I'll see you in school when you're better."
 
"I will." Minho smiles then waves goodbye to Taemin. A few minutes later, Jonghyun receives a text, "Take care of him hyung. I know you can treat him better than me."
 
"Whaaaat....?" Jonghyun exclaims then walks over to his bed. He suddenly laughs when he sits beside his bestfriend, "I told you! You'll be the crybaby too!"
 
"You !" Minho retorts, coughing a little when he does.
 
Jonghyun just lies on the bed next to Minho, "How about you? Do you have a plan with Taemin?"
 
Minho turns quiet, "No plans..."
 
"You've been dating more than three months or so, right?"
 
Minho keeps his silence, Jonghyun lies on his side using his arm as leverage, "Something wrong?"
 
Minho sits up, face to face with his bestfriend, "We broke up two days ago."
 
Jonghyun is speechless, he can't believe this. It takes at least ten seconds before he speaks again, "You two? Seriously?"
 
"Yeah..." Minho doesn't avert his eyes but instead digs deeper to the eyes of his bestfriend, "He said I'm starting to lie to him and especially to myself."
 
"That's vague."
 
"I think it's true."
 
Jonghyun turns away, he's not used to staring at his bestfriend like this. When they were younger they'd do staring showdowns and nobody will turn away even if it meant getting teary-eyed.
 
But then, Jonghyun didn't play with his heart beating faster and the hair on the back of his neck standing when Minho's breath brushes against his skin.
 
"I'm hungry, are you hungry?" Jonghyun changes the subject as he jumps off the bed.
 
"A little, but I'm fine now. I'd eat downstairs."
 
-----
 
"Do you want me to find you a girl, Minho?" Sekyung asks when the three of them are in the library studying for the entrance exams, a month after Minho's sickness.
 
"Are you kidding me? I'm gay." Minho tells her, Sekyung just shrugs it off.
 
"But you haven't had any relationship with a woman before, there's a difference."
 
"No, thanks."
 
"But you're so handsome, my friends are swooning over you!"
 
"Kyungie, stop teasing Minho. He's not gonna touch a girl. Ever." Jonghyun finally cuts in, Sekyung turns to her boyfriend, "Then should I be jealous that he can spend more time with you than I can? You're practically glued to the hip!"
 
"You don't have to be. He's my best friend."
 
"Your gay best friend."
 
"I'm ing right here."
 
The couple turns to Minho who's sitting across them, it's obvious how offended Minho is with Sekyung's remarks.
 
"I'm sorry about that, Minho." Jonghyun apologizes, but Minho stands up grabbing his bag as he does.
 
"Your girlfriend obviously isn't."
 
Minho leaves, Jonghyun turns to Sekyung, "Look at what you did."
 
"He said it himself that he's gay, then why did he get mad when I said he's your gay best friend? What difference does it make?"
 
"I dunno, but just don't rub it on his face."
 
Sekyung grunts then gathers her books, "Yeah, good job. Defending him and actually doing this to me."
 
Jonghyun watches his girfriend leave, "What did I do?"
 
-----
 
It's been four nights and Jonghyun wonders what has happened to his bestfriend. After the incident with Sekyung at the library, his best friend hasn't climbed up his window again.
 
"How's Minho?" His mother asks over dinner, "I haven't seen that boy sprawled over your bed lately."
 
"It's creepy when you say it like that."
 
"That boy, such a handsome kid. Kinda makes me miss your dad."
 
"That's gross, mom! Don't tell me Minho looks like dad! I've seen pictures and don't go telling me we're brothers!"
 
"Minho's definitely more handsome. Hahaha! No! He doesn't look like your dad, I just miss having a good looking guy around me."
 
"You can remarry. As long as he's not an , I won't protest."
 
Jonghyun turns silent and continues eating his food, "You miss Minho."
 
"Of course, mom. He's my bestfriend."
 
Minju smirks, "Keep telling yourself that."
 
"What?"
 
"How are you and Sekyung?"
 
"Still together. Barely."
 
"I won't even ask why." Minju stands and gives Jonghyun's hair a ruffle, "Go to Minho. See how he's doing."
 
-----
 
Jonghyun struggles as he climbs up his best friend's window. He's done it before and it really isn't to his favor, with his short legs and all.
 
With one last grunt he climbs up to the open window only to wish to fall back down, "OH GOD!!! SORRY!!!"
 
"Jonghyun?" Minho asks but Jonghyun's too stunned to blink, move or talk so he just stands there with his mouth open in shock.
 
"Who's he?"
 
"My bestfriend."
 
There Minho is, fully on top of another guy, "Off the bed, Nickhun."
 
"Fiiinneee."
 
"I'll call you." Minho tells the exchange student as he leaps off the bed and gathers his clothes. Nickhun does the same and by this time, Jonghyun has regained consciousness and turns around as the two guys put their clothes on.
 
"Call me." Jonghyun hears Nickhun tell Minho then the door closes.
 
"Tell me what you're doing climbing up my window?"
 
"I haven't seen you in forever and I have this feeling you're avoiding me. Is Nickhun your new boyfriend?"
 
"He's not. Just some sort of booty call. And I'd appreciate it if you look at me while we talk."
 
Jonghyun turns to face his bestfriend apprehensively, "Well, are you avoiding me?"
 
"Yes."
 
"But why?"
 
"Because I don't want to be the gay best friend anymore."
 
"You're not my gay bestfriend! You're my bestfriend!"
 
"But that's what I hate about it! I'm the best friend!"
 
Both of them turns quiet, not even a sound. The whistling of the trees echoes inside Minho's room, filling the motionless space up to the point that it's getting loud for the two of them to bear.
 
"Are you...?"
 
"Yes. I'm in love with you. Please get out of my room now."
 
"But..."
 
"You're not leaving Sekyung. I get it. That's why I'm leaving and it's best you leave too."
 
"Then what? You're gonna have tons of booty calls?! Minho, this is not you!"
 
"Then who am I?!"
 
Jonghyun doesn't say it, he can't say that Minho's just his best friend again.
 
"I'm the best friend. I know. Please, leave..." There's a change in Minho's voice, he's no longer angry, just begging.
 
Minho lies on his bed, "You can use the door to leave. Don't push yourself in doing things that only I can."
 
"Things like what?"
 
"Climbing up windows. Falling in love with guys. Those are my things."
 
"It's not like I'm going to pretend."
 
Minho sits up and looks at his bestfriend, "Yeah, right. It's getting late, you should go home."
 
" you. I'm staying over. I didn't run all the way here and struggled like a to get in this room and you again, I'm scarred for life." Jonghyun takes off his jacket and removes his shoes.
 
Minho scoots over to the side, away from Jonghyun.
 
"You selfish bastard. How long do you want to ing torture me?!"
 
Jonghyun lies beside Minho, "Will you let me think? I'm confused too. I don't know what I'm gonna do."
 
"Leave me alone."
 
"I won't do that Minho."
 
"Be with me, then."
 
"There are circumstances..."
 
" them all."
 
Jonghyun keeps silent then speaks, "I can't do the things you can. I want to do them without hesitation, but I'm the crybaby. I'm the scaredy cat..."
 
"You won't have the time to think if you want to do it or not anymore."
 
"What?"
 
"I'm moving. Since you and Sekyung are moving together in a university, I decided I won't have to be stuck here. You forget things, even feelings, easier when you're apart."
 
"You're not."
 
"I've chosen schools away from the choices you had."
 
Jonghyun cries to Minho's surprise. Not the type of a suppressed cry, but his best friend is downright bawling next to him.
 
"Hey! Jonghyun! Calm down or my neighbors will hear you!" Minho tells him since his parents are on a trip in Busan at the moment, his neighbors are his main concern right now.
 
" you." Jonghyun flips over and kisses Minho, to the younger boy's surprise. He doesn't react, he just lets his older best friend kiss him sloppily, he tastes sweet but salty at the same time since he can taste the tears that Jonghyun shed.
 
"You can't leave me." Jonghyun tells him then buries his face on Minho's chest.
 
"You want everything. It doesn't work that way."
 
"I know. I'm selfish and I want everything. I get it already."
 
"You're a bad kisser too."
 
"You're supposed to kiss me back."
 
"You're supposed to love me back the way I love you."
 
Jonghyun turns away from him, "I'm gonna sleep. Maybe we can talk better tomorrow."
 
-----
 
Jonghyun wakes up alone on the bed, he hurries out the room and finds Minho eating breakfast.
 
"You were supposed to wake me up!"
 
"Why do I get the feeling I'm supposed to do a lot of things for you?"
 
Jonghyun smirks, "Sorry. I got used to you waking me up."
 
"That's why I'm leaving so you don't get used to me more."
 
"You're not leaving. Are we still on this?"
 
"You have no say in this. I'm the gay best friend, okay? I still decide on what I want with myself."
 
"I'm staying! I'm staying with you..."
 
"What?"
 
"You aren't the only one in love here. I kind of... Got jealous with you and Taemin before that's why I dated Kyungie. I do love her, but the thought of losing you is just going to kill me. I couldn't answer you last night because I'm not sure how I'm gonna end it with her. She's awesome, and she doesn't deserve to get hurt with this ."
 
"You have no idea how confused I am right now."
 
"Don't worry, I'm confused too." Jonghyun scratches his head and looks up when Minho stands closer to him, "What now?"
 
"I'm supposed to kiss you back." Minho smiles then captures Jonghyun's lips. This time it isn't rushed, it isn't sloppy and not even a way of diverting one's attention. It's just them kissing and trying to straighten their minds and hearts with their lips locked.
 
-----
 
"I'm not surprised." Sekyung tells Jonghyun that same night in a coffee shop.
 
"You think I'm stupid, huh, Jonghyun?"
 
"I'm so sorry, Sekyung. I do love you, but..."
 
"You're gay too."
 
Jonghyun turns quiet, he's not ready to be labelled as one yet, but it.
 
"I'm not gay."
 
"You're bi? It doesn't make any difference. You're leaving me for a boy!"
 
"Don't tag a label on me."
 
Sekyung buries her face on her hands and starts crying, "You have no idea of how embarrassed I am right now."
 
"I'm really sorry. I loved you..."
 
"I don't care anymore! Just... Go away."
 
Jonghyun stands, he feels awful to leave his now ex-girlfriend crying in the corner of the coffee shop but it's all he can do.
 
"How did she take it?" Minho asks when Jonghyun leaves the cafe. The taller boy has been waiting outside the place all that time.
 
"How was she supposed to take it?" Jonghyun retorts, Minho grabs his hand and pulls the older closer to him.
 
"I feel so awful leaving her like that..."
 
Minho turns quiet but keeps walking ahead.
 
"Do you regret this?"
 
Jonghyun stops on his tracks and looks at Minho with a smile, "I don't. I will never."
 
"Even if we grow older?"
 
"Until the day I die." Jonghyun tiptoes and kisses Minho.
 
---------------------
 
END.