Final

You're Safe, I'm Here [RE-UPLOAD]

“Stop it. Help. Go away!”

Doyeon was woken up by the sound of her girlfriend crying, well, wailing for help. She frowned unsure of what was going on. This was their first time sharing a bed together, so Doyeon was clueless as to whether the older girl was having nightmares or was talking in her sleep. Not wanting to take a chance Doyeon gently tapped Yoojung’s arm.

“Hey, Yoojung?” She cooed. “It’s me, Doyeon.”

Yoojung didn’t respond, instead she thrashed her arms around and kicked her legs with full force; Doyeon frowned utterly confused as to what to do. She was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt a sharp pain shoot though her cheek and heard a loud smacking noise.

“Ow,” Doyeon mumbled to herself as she held a hand against her cheek. She knew that it wouldn’t be bleeding but she wanted to try to ease the pain. Only it didn’t last long, because before she could do anything she felt herself being pushed off the bed. She landed on the floor with a loud thud; luckily for her the floor had carpet so it didn’t hurt.

Once she heard the loud thud, Yoojung instantly woke up. “Who’s there?” She called out, sleepily. As she was looking around she heard someone groaning, it sounded like a female and sounded very familiar. Biting her lip she crawled to the other side of the bed and looked down only to see her girlfriend holding her cheek and groaning.

“Doyeon?” She stared down at the taller girl. “Doyeon, are you okay?” She asked, her voice and eyes were full of concern now.

Doyeon looked up at her worried girlfriend and the hurt she felt from the slap and being pushed off the bed was suddenly taken over by concern. Did Yoojung not know that it was her who pushed me off the bed? She thought to herself. Rather than speaking, she simply nodded and added a small “I’m fine.” Before standing up.

“Here,” Yoojung shuffled back over to her side of the bed and patted the empty space for Doyeon. Doyeon smiled at her and slid back into the bed. Before Doyeon could say anything Yoojung turned to her with tears in her eyes. “I’m so sorry for pushing you off the bed, Doyeon. I genuinely didn’t mean to do it.”

“You also slapped me,” Doyeon told her. Noticing that tears were now dripping down Yoojung’s cheeks, she gently cupped her cheeks and wiped away the older girl’s tears with her thumbs. “It’s okay, baby. I know you didn’t mean it.”

“I just... I was having a nightmare,” Yoojung sobbed. “I have nightmares sometimes, not regularly but pretty often.” She explained. “When I have them though, they’re awful. They’re like... So strong and intense, it scares me Doyeon. I get so frightened.”

“Hey, shh.” Doyeon cooed as she pulled the other girl closer and wrapped her arms around her waist. “It’s okay. You’re safe, I’m here. And I will always be here.”

Yoojung didn’t reply, instead she gripped the hem of Doyeon’s nightshirt and pulled her closer as if that was possibly. She sobbed into Doyeon’s chest whilst the younger girl played with her hair. “I’m sorry,” she pulled away after a couple of minutes of crying. “I’m sorry, Doyeon. I should have warned you about my nightmares before I agreed to share a bed with you.”

“No, Yoojung. It’s okay, honestly it’s fine.” Doyeon said softly, rubbing the older girl’s back gently. “You don’t have to tell me anything you don’t want to, baby. I was just confused that’s all.”

“I can’t even remember what my nightmare was about,” Yoojung sighed. “They’re always about different things, you know? So it’s not like I can talk to anyone about them because I can never remember them.”

Doyeon nodded. “I understand. At least I know now for next time.”

“There will be a next time?” Yoojung looked up to the taller girl and smiled weakly.

“Of course, once I buy my protective armour.” Doyeon chuckled, earning a playful glare from the older girl.

“Be nice!”

“I’m kidding, baby. There will always be a next time, because I’ll always be here to make sure that you’re safe and that you feel safe. Okay?”

“I love you, Doyeon.”

“I love you too, Yoojung.”

With that the girls fell back into a peaceful sleep, embracing each other; both of them feeling content and relaxed.