Taking a Break

Paying It With Marriage

kill me for writing this chapter

 


 

 

                 Hanbyul unexpectedly worked harder from what Chunji thought earlier during their first meeting. It’s his fifth day of working at the company and Chunji had to admit, he’s the best person ever to stay with the position. But he didn’t want to make an early assumption. Hanbyul had been there less than a week. He needed to show more of him if he wanted to make Chunji impressed.

                “Song Hanbyul.” Chunji stepped into his office and gave him a sly smile. Even though he knew Hanbyul was a few years older than him, he didn’t bother to call him like he was somewhat a friend or someone close.

                “Oh, Mr Lee.” Hanbyul tried to throw out a smile. He didn’t like it when people addressed him by his full name. Correction. Fake full name. He felt like they were either looking down at him or treating him like a weak person.

                “Aren’t you going to let me sit?” Chunji sneered.

                Hanbyul rolled his eyes, when the blonde guy didn’t look at him. What the hell does this bloody teenager want from him?

                “Sure, Mr Lee. Have a sit.” He offered.

                Chunji landed on the sofa, looking around the small office. It still looked empty and not as packed as his own room. The smell of paper decorated the air he was sniffing.

                “How’s your work?” He asked.

                “I’m still struggling.” Hanbyul admitted. It’s not like he’s really a pro to sort everything well on the first few weeks of working.

                “Have you checked the progress of our local requests?” Chunji took one of the files from his desk and flipped through the papers.

                “Yes.”

                “What do you think about it?”

                Hanbyul hid his sigh by fixing the glasses that almost fell from the bridge of his nose. Seriously, he couldn’t waste any time to start the plan because the guy in front of him annoyed him very much. He just needed the perfect time when Chunji was not around at the company but he seemed to be there 24/7. And he, could only be at the building during office hours. Damn.

                “I think we still need a lot of buyers from the inside of the country so we can attract the international buyers.” He stated. Checking the statistics on the computer screen made him feel dizzy a bit because of the many numbers.

                “Have you come up with strategies to increase the percentage?” Chunji stood up and slipped his hands into the pocket.

                “No. Not yet, Mr Lee. I still need to analyze the international statistic first.”

                “Alright, then. Next week, we’ll have a meeting and we can discuss further about it.”

                “I understand.” Hanbyul smirked. Or maybe Chunji couldn’t even see his traces next week.

                He must approach the person who held the key information of this company by that week or else he would hate himself. He didn’t want to spend any second working with Chunji and of course, Mr Park. He just hated it. He hated being under someone else’s power.

                Chunji walked out of Hanbyul office and bumped into his assistant who looked rather cheerful. He seemed to have something to tell him.

                “Mr Lee, we need to confirm whether you are going to Jeju for the company’s Family Day.” Daemun stood before him, excitedly waiting for his answer.

                “Wait, no one told me about this matter earlier!” Chunji shrieked. He knew Family Day was like a tradition of this company so the employees could take a day off and gathered together to have some fun doing interesting activities. Except that he always forgot the date.

                “It’s on next week. Weekend. We need your answer as soon as possible.”

                Chunji tapped on his chin. “What about my appa? Is he going?”

                “He said he won’t. He just wanted to have a good rest at home.” Daemun nodded. “Don’t tell me you’re not going too.”

                Chunji continued tapping his chin. Then, he remembered you. And the honeymoon. He felt himself smiling when he looked back at Daemun.

                “We’ll go.” He smiled.

                “We?” Daemun asked, confused.

                “My wife and I, silly.” Chunji chuckled

                “Oh… lucky.”

 

                You got back to the apartment after buying groceries for the week. Opening the door of your house, you got yourself looking at Chunji who was busy doing something in the kitchen. The moment you stepped in, you could smell the aroma of beef stew coming from the chicken.  

                “Cooking?” You placed the plastic bags of groceries onto the counter and glanced over his shoulder to see what he was doing.

                “Yup.” He smiled and offered you a spoonful of hot, steaming stew to you. You blew it first before taking it to your mouth. A light hum came out from you as your tongue absorbed the flavor.

                “What’s the occasion?” You furrowed your eyebrows.

                “I just want to tell you that we’ll be going to Jeju!” He held up the ladle and grinned.

                You grew more confused. What was he trying to say? Did you hear it wrong? Jeju? What for?

                “Uh… what?” You asked.

                “Listen, we’ll be going to Jeju for the company’s Family Day. Aren’t you excited about it?” Chunji beamed. You froze on your feet as you tried to digest what he said.

                “Jeju?” You blurted out.

                “Yes. Jeju. Why? You don’t want to go there?”

                “I mean… we’ve been there for our..” You gulped. “Honeymoon, right?”

                “Then, you don’t want to go there again?” You could hear disappointment in his voice. It’s not like you didn’t want to go, but knowing that both of you would go there with the workers from his company, you felt a little unhappy. You just wanted to spend your time alone with him.

                “I just… is it a must to join the Family Day? Can’t we just go with them but when we reached there, we just do our own things? Both of us?” You cried. Oh, that would make you sound desperate in front of him. But you didn’t care. It’s a good thing he could take a break from his work but you didn’t want to get separated from him while both of you were there.

                “You actually gave us a brilliant idea.” He pinched your cheeks. “Sure, we’ll stay away from them as soon as we arriving Jeju, okay?”

                “Okay!” You hugged him but he pushed you away gently and pointed at the stove in front of both of you.

                “Sorry..” You mumbled. He just chuckled and continued cooking the almost-done stew. You hummed happily as you placed the groceries to where it should be. The thought of going to Jeju again with him this time made you feel the butterflies inside your stomach fluttering. You knew it would be more way better than the honeymoon.

                “By the way, how does this news relates to your cooking?” You asked.

                Chunji shrugged. “Actually, I was hungry so I made this while waiting for you to come home.”

                “You should just call me and tell me to hurry up. Or wait until I come home and cook for you.” You nagged.

                “Shhh, help me to set the plates on the table.” He grinned.

 

                The tour guide explained something on the bus but you and Chunji didn’t listen to him. Chunji was too busy playing with your hands, rubbing them and pretending to bite them. You giggled at his actions and worked on your revenge by pinching his arm as hard as you could.

                “Ack!” Chunji yelped loudly. Everyone on the bus looked at the back seats where both of you sat purposely to have some private little times. He bowed his head with a sheepish grin as if apologizing and then glared at you. But not with his serious glare.

                “My image is now ruined because of you.” He scrunched his nose and released your hands. Of course you knew he was joking. Giggling, you decided to more.

                “Pfft, you should be more carefree with your workers next time.” You nudged him.

                “At least I smiled at them, okay?” He folded his arms.

                “But why aren’t you smiling right now?”

                “Because I’m not in the mood.” He stated.

                “Oh, and why is that?” You leaned your head against his arm just to annoy him.

                “Because of you?” He raised an eyebrow.

                You scoffed. “Because of me?”

                “Yeah, because of you.”

                “Then, what do you want me to do now?” You poked his cheeks. He groaned yet he felt entertained. He knew you were just playing around with him.

                “I don’t know. Figure it out yourself.”

                “Aish, you’re so mean.” You pouted. “Fine, look at me now.”

                Chunji looked your way and to his surprise, you landed your lips on his, pressed them a little. When he felt that you wanted to pull away, he raised his hands to your face and held it so he could kiss you back much longer.

                “Yah! People could see us!” You whispered harshly as soon as he released your lips.

                “Well, you started it.” He smirked and leaned back to his seat.

                “Aish!” You pouted.

                After a 20 minutes ride on the bus, all of the people got off from it and walked to the hotel with a few luggage with them. Chunji dragged a big suitcase that had your clothes and his to the reception and grabbed the key to the room. You just followed him like a lost little girl following her mom.

                “Oh, is this the executive suite?” Chunji eyed around the large room. Your mouth wide opened as you admired the beautiful decoration of the suite.

                Chunji placed the suitcase right beside the bed and plopped himself on top of the fluffy mattress, rolling around. You, who were still stunned by the size and the beauty of the room sat at the edge of the bed.

                “Are we really going to stay here?” You asked.

                “Yeah, where else do you want to stay? On the tree?”

                You smacked his head. “Aish, I’m being serious here.”

                “Why? What now?” He crawled to you and rested his head on your lap.

                “I feel guilty.”

                “Guilty?”

                “We don’t join them but we get this huge room.” You looked down at him. He poked your chin lightly before sitting up properly besides you.

                “Aww, but you said you wanted some times alone.” Chunji said. “I promise we’ll have fun by ourselves this time, okay?” He messed your hair a bit.

                You nodded and smiled. He then pulled you up from the bed and grabbed a fedora from his backpack. He playfully placed it on top of your head but placed it back onto his head. You shook your head with a smile on your face as both of you left the room. You didn’t know where Chunji was going to bring you until you saw a place that rents bicycles for tourists.

                “We’re going to the beach using that.” Chunji pointed at the rows of bicycles placed in front of them.

                You stared at him. You hadn’t been on bicycle since forever and you were very sure you couldn’t even balance yourself while working on that thing. At that moment, you regretted yourself for not making use of the bicycle at your appa’s home.

                “Are you serious, oppa? I mean, I don’t really remember how to cycle.” You admitted.

                Chunji laughed. “What a pabo, you don’t have to cycle. I will take us there.”

                “Oh..” You mouthed.

                You wounded your arms around Chunji’s waist since he would play around by moving the bicycle in a zig zag motion and it almost made you fell to the ground. Typical immature Chunji. You could hear him singing some songs and you really liked the way the melody escaped his lips. He had great voice, you had to admit it.

                “We’re here!” Chunji shouted. You looked around and saw the beautiful scenery of the beach. You skipped off from the bicycle, rushing towards the sandy beach with your flip flops. The salty air made you feel relaxed and the sound of wave soothed your heart.

                Chunji watched you as you shut your eyes, enjoying the breeze coming from the sea. The way your hair scattered around because of the wind made him feel like his breath was taken away. Your face was glowing because of the light from the sun and it made him feel warm in the inside. You looked beyond beautiful to him.

                “Hey.” Was all he said when he approached you. He planted a kiss on your bare shoulder and hugged you from behind.

                “Hey back.” You patted his arms and enjoyed his warm embrace.

                You liked this.

                You liked this moment. Both of you hugging each other, not saying any words but enough to make you feel happy and thankful. You heard his light breathing, his racing heart beats, and you smelled the citrus around him.

                Both of you took a walk alongside the beach, randomly talked about things. The warm water splashed your feet but you didn’t mind that.

                Suddenly, Chunji stopped, which made you tilt your head to the side, wondering what he was going to do. Before you knew what was happening, Chunji already carried you and threw you into the sea. You quickly raised your head from the water, chasing him around and pushed him back to the blue water. Both of you kept splashing water to each other until you felt yourself getting tired and cold.

                “Giving up already?” Chunji teased. He was still energetic and by the look in his eyes, he didn’t seem to be satisfied with your so-called defeat.

                “No, I’m just feeling cold.” Your teeth were clashing as you pulled yourself out of the water.

                “We should head back to the hotel.” He helped to get rid of water on your dress a little bit before settling yourself on the bicycle.

               

                You rushed to the bathroom to have warm shower. Chunji just smiled and went to the balcony to dry himself. He didn’t want to wet the carpet with the sea water, for sure. It’s only 4.30pm but he already felt like sleeping. Probably because he couldn’t sleep well the night before since he was too excited about this trip.

                You walked out of the bathroom with only a towel. Carefully, you opened the suitcase to get some comfortable outfits to wear. Even though you and Chunji stayed together in one room back at your apartment, you never changed your clothes in front of him. You’re still not comfy of exposing your body parts at him.

                Chunji took off his shirt and walked back to the room. He almost dropped the shirt he was holding when he saw you frowning while looking for your clothes in the suitcase. It’s not his first time watching you in towels but seeing you now made him feel weird. He could feel himself getting a bit red and hot and he almost choked on his own breath.

               “I should not think of that thing right now.” He mumbled but too bad, you heard it. Clenching on your towel tightly, you looked up at him and told him to use the bathroom.

               Chunji stood still. He walked slowly towards the closet as he watched your fair . The way the droplets of water ran down your neck made him gulped many times before he moved his eyes to your thighs. Inhaling all the breath around him, he closed his eyes and ready for shower.

               You immediately changed into the clothes you grabbed from the suitcase. It was a loose t-shirt and a pair of short shorts. You rolled on your bed and the tv. There’s nothing interesting on the screen but you just kept on flipping the channels.

               Chunji came out of the bathroom, drying off his hair with a small towel. He formed a smile on his face as he saw you busily pouting and scrunching your nose. Cute, he thought. After having his hair less damp than how it was when he got out of shower, he joined you in the bed.

               “What are you doing with your mouth and nose?” He pecked your cheek and grabbed the remote control from you.

               “I’m bored.” You whined.

               “Bored?” He started to poke your waist. You giggled but slapped his hands away, knowing his intention. Unfortunately, he grabbed a hold of your hands with his left hand and used his other hand to tickle you.

               You squirmed, laughed, everything. You wanted to escape from his attack but every time you were able to get away from him, he got you back and continued to shower you with tickles. He laughed as well, seeing your priceless reaction and how you almost had tears in your eyes. As a revenge, you grabbed a pillow and hit him as hard as possible but he just mocked you by saying that you’re weak and he didn’t feel any hurt at all.

               You tickled him back until that moment when both of you stopped doing so with you on top of him, smirking as if you had win the mini battle. And what you thought as your victory, Chunji rolled both of you, making him hovered above you.

               “I win.” He grinned.

               “You’re not. I win.” You panted. The way your chest moved up and down made him feel weird again.

               He slowly leaned closer to you but you were too busy planning your escape from him. Without realizing it, you felt his lips softly placed on yours. He was kissing you. You slowly kissed him back and placed your hands on his shoulder, seizing the feeling. You loved how he tried to be gentle and not too forceful. But then, you felt his kiss getting wilder as he roughly nibbled your lower lip.

               He lightly grazed his tongue against your lips, sending message for you to open your mouth but you being you, you didn’t know what to do so you just pursed your lips. You heard him grunting before pulling away. His face was still close to you and his minty breath lingered around your face.

               “When I do that, open your mouth, okay?” He caressed your cheek. You slowly nodded as he kissed you back and your lower lip. You opened it and you felt his tongue slipped into your mouth. It felt weird. Very weird. Chunji never went to this extent. But it made your body somewhat hot and aroused.

               “Open your mouth a bit more and try to do the same to me, hmm?” You nodded again and imitated him. This time, you heard yourself letting out moans as you did so which caused him to get .

               He moved his lips down to your jaw line, giving it light kisses before proceeding to your neck. He nuzzled around there for a moment before the arousing spots. You grabbed onto his hair as he bit some skin on your neck, letting it red. He kissed the marks lightly before moving back to your lips and devoured them. You loved the sensation he was giving to you. You knew where it’s going but you didn’t know whether to stop or not.

               He slipped his right hand under your shirt and that’s when it hit you right in the head. The way he caressed the skin on your stomach made you feel light headed and you’re curious of what he had in store. And before you knew it, you already made the right decision. 


 

thanks for reading! i love you guys <3