Mad

Paying It With Marriage

 

     You rearranged the things in your closet so you could put some of his stuff inside it. You folded your clothes neatly and emptied a few columns of the closet just for him. He finally moved into your room and it meant that you’ll share everything together. Bed, pillows, bathroom.

     Soon, Chunji barged into the room with a pile of unfolded clothes and threw it onto the floor because his hands couldn’t handle the weight of them. He then plopped himself beside you and leaned his head on your shoulder. You patted his head gently but realizing that you suddenly felt like scolding him for making mess with those clothes, you pushed him away.

     “Oppa, fold your clothes.” You threw some of his shirts and gestured him to work with them.

     “Oh goodness, these remind me of our honeymoon.” He said, looking at his shirts like they’re the most bizarre things he had ever seen in his entire life.

     “Do you really don’t know how to do this simplest thing on earth?” You sighed. He nodded and pushed all the clothes to you.

     “I have a wife, so, a wife should know it.” He grinned then went to stand up to get more of his stuff from his room. Fortunately, you grabbed a hold of his pants he was wearing and pulled him to sit back on the floor.

     “Finish this first, then you can go,” You pushed back the piles to him.

     “But I don’t know how…” He mumbled. You sighed and grabbed a blue tshirt before sitting beside him.

     “Take one of those, I’ll teach you.” He slowly reached it and placed it in front of him.

     You taught him how to fold the tshirt first and he followed. He struggled a bit at first but he got the hang on it after 10 minutes of trying. After encouraging him that he had done a great job, you taught him how to fold trousers, dress shirts, and undergarments. As usual, he had to put a lot of effort on it but he finally got the idea.

     “Hmm, finally learnt something new today.” He applauded to himself. You clapped your hands as well and placed his folded clothes into the closet.

     Chunji sneakily walked behind you and waited for you to finish placing everything in the closet neatly. You, of course, didn’t know he was right after your back because you thought he went to his room to get more of his stuff.

     “Ack!” You shrieked when you turned around and found his face were only inches away from you. He just laughed at the frowning you and kissed your cheeks before turning away to finish moving everything in.

     You rearranged the furniture in your room there would be more space for Chunji to place his briefcase and toys. Not really toys, but they’re his miniature car collection. He would buy any small car toys that were only released on limited edition package.

     Chunji carefully carried a glass box full of his collection and moved it next to the closet. He was satisfied that he finally transferred all the things he wanted into your room. Okay, not your room but his and your room.

     Suddenly, his phone rang and rushed towards the bed to find the mobile device. He checked under the pillows and grabbed the phone away. He checked the caller ID. His best friend. Hmm, what does he want this time?, he thought.

     “Hey, Ljoe. ‘Sup?” he spoke.

     “Oh, please hand this call to Hyojin, please? I couldn’t reach her so I just call you, heh sorry bro.” Ljoe laughed.

     “Why do you want to call her anyways?” Chunji frowned. A lot of things played inside his mind. Probably his friend just wanted to ask you how you were doing. But he could wait until noon, or maybe when you had your phone with you.

     “Urgent matter, protective husband. Come on, pass it to her.” Ljoe said. Chunji sighed and walked to you. You saw him mouthed ‘Ljoe’ and nodded as you took the phone from him.

     You hesitantly placed it on your left ear. “Um.. Ljoe oppa?”

     “Hyojin!” His excited tone made you giggled lightly.

     “Yes, why are you calling?”

     “Sorry for disturbing your morning, but uhm, can you come for a photoshoot today?” Ljoe said. Photoshoot? Chunji’s going to be mad if you agreed but Ljoe might have a lot of reasons to invite you for the session.

     “May I ask why?” You asked him. Chunji raised his eyebrows as he getting to grow curious at your conversation.

     “Aeyoung actually had a shoot with two models today but both of them didn’t come. The director has called other models but they are booked for other events. So, I already have a spare model and I just need other one.” He sighed.

     You wanted to answer a ‘yes’ to him but since Chunji was right beside you and he looked like he was totally curious with what you were talking about with Ljoe, you decided to ask him first. Or he’d be real disappointed.

     “Wait a second, okay?” You said to Ljoe.

     “What did he talk about?” Chunji tried not to sound like a mad man. He didn’t like it when you talked to other guys. He felt a little jealous, wait, very jealous when you addressed and talked to Ljoe like you had known him for such a long while ago.

     “Ljoe oppa said they need one more model for the photoshoot, so he asked me.” You lowered your voice.

     “And you said..?” Chunji looked into your eyes.

     You gulped. “I didn’t give my answer yet.”

     “Is it today?”

     You nodded. “I can tell him that I’m busy.” Placing back the phone to your ear, you sighed. Chunji noticed the upset look on your face and heaved a sigh as well.

     “Tell him you’ll be there.” Chunji smiled faintly. You smiled at him and told Ljoe that you’d be the backup. Ljoe thanked you for helping him and gave you the address of the place where they’ve been working for the shoot.

     You gave back the phone to Chunji and then threw your arms around him, hugging him tightly. He stepped back a bit to balance his body and wrapped his arms around your shoulders. You planted a kiss on his cheek over and over, making him laughed frantically.

     “What was that for?” He stared at you, smiling.

     “For helping your fellow friend.” You stuck out your tongue at him and released yourself from his grip. You took your bag and put on light makeup on your face since you had to be at the shooting site in 15 minutes. Chunji sat on the bed, watching you elegantly smothered the lip gloss on your lips.

     “Can I follow you? I don’t want to be alone at home.” He sounded. You turned around to look at him and scrunched your nose.

     “So, I can’t go?” Chunji whined.

     “I was about to ask you to send me there.” You sat beside him. “And it would be great if you follow, you can see how a model actually works.”

     “Great, then. I’ll go and change my shirt. You don’t want me to be shabby when walking with you, right?” he pinched your nose and moved to closet to get some clothes.

     After he was done and satisfied with what he was wearing, he drove you to the place where Ljoe told you to go. You turned your body a bit to watch how Chunji drives his car. You always wanted to learn how to drive a car but you had no time to do so. Instead of paying attention to his driving, your eyes were fixed on his dark green turtleneck shirt. He looked so good with it and gosh, he knew how to work pieces of clothing on his body.

     “Is it here?” He removed his sunglasses from his face and pointed at a small hall. You rechecked the address and were pretty sure the shoot was held there.

     “Oh, I see that kid’s car. Let’s go now. We don’t want you to be late.” He noticed Byunghun’s car was parked not far away from the hall and quickly turned off the engine.

     Both of you slowly walked into the area and everyone was watching you weirdly. Chunji placed back his sunglasses to cover his eyes and held tight to your hand as he led you to ask the staff there regarding the photoshoot. Suddenly, Aeyoung jumped in front of Chunji, startling him who was actually nervous with the stares by the people around him.

     “Ljoe oppa called you here?” Aeyoung asked.

     “Yes, he said you guys need one more model.” Chunji answered. His eyes were wandering around to search for Ljoe and then a smile crawled onto his face when he saw him sitting at the corner with your friend, Nami.

     “So, Hyojin unnie will be the model today?” Aeyoung diverted her eyes at you.

     “Yes.” You smiled at her. “Where’s the photographer?”

     “Oh, he’s at the restroom. Hmm, I’ll tell to the client about you. Would you come with me, unnie?” Aeyoung grabbed your hand, swinging it a bit. She’s totally a child at heart despite looking so mature. She’s still in high school yet she’s claimed as one of the top new models.

     “I’ll give her to you a little later, alright Aeyoung? I have a few things to say to her.” Chunji flashed his smile at her.

     “Fine. Oppa, take off your shades. It’s indoor.” Aeyoung made faces.

     “Ya! I do what I want to do, kid!” He laughed. He pinched her cheeks in which made her yelped in pain and walked away from both of you. You couldn’t help but feel a little envious of his relationship with Aeyoung. They looked really close and of course you understood it. He and Ljoe had been friends since forever.

     “Hyojin..” Chunji poked you.

     “What?”

     “Look there.” He pointed at a corner and you saw two people chattering and laughing to themselves there. Nami and Ljoe. You smirked and shot a look at Chunji.

     “Thank you for telling me.” You patted his chest.

     “You’re welcome. I want to bother them. Do you want to join?” He smiled playfully. You were about to nod when suddenly, a loud yell broke the atmosphere, telling all the people in the hall to gather near the makeup section. Aeyoung ran back to both of you and pulled you and Chunji to the small crowd of people.

     “So, we already have Aeyoung and Nami here! Ljoe-shi, please tell me who’s the other model!” The director yelled.

     “She’s not here yet but she’ll be here soon!” Ljoe shouted. Chunji just snorted and shook his head at his oblivious friend. Aeyoung hissed before raising her hands to get the director’s attention.

     “Director-nim!”She waved at him. “She’s here!” Aeyoung revealed you to him, earning two thumbs up from him, meaning that you’re good for the shoot. He told everyone to get ready for the prep and the short meeting ended. Ljoe turned to look for his sister but then he saw you and Chunji.

     “Yah! You should call me when you arrived here.” Ljoe whispered as soon as he approached both of you. “Oh, Chanhee, you’re here.”

     “Yes, I’m here, big guy. You were too busy flirting with Nami that you didn’t even notice us.” Chunji snickered. Ljoe rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

     “I wasn’t flirting.” Ljoe smiled sheepishly. “So, the models today would be you, my sister, and Nami. You can do your makeup and get dressed now.”

     “Alright. See you later, oppa.” You kissed Chunji’s cheek and waved at them before walking to the stylists who were waiting for you.

     Ljoe stared at Chunji in disbelief after you were out of their sight. He was making gestures with his hands and his eyes had thousands questions in them. Chunji just chuckled and walked away from him to get some food prepared by the staff.

     “She kissed your cheek.” Ljoe firmly said at him.

     “So?” Chunji grinned and stuffed his friend’s mouth with salad. Ljoe widened his eyes but chewed the green anyways.

     “Don’t tell me..” He took a step back and pointed at Chunji as if Chunji had done some sort of bad thing.

     “We’re in love. End of story.” Chunji walked away from him with a plate of cold pasta. Ljoe still followed him around, wanting more answers from him but Chunji just pursed his lips as more questions were thrown on him.

     “Fine, then. Look at you, you vowed not to fall in love with her earlier but now, pffft..” Ljoe scoffed and threw his arms in the air. He was actually happy that Chunji realized his love for you. And he definitely loved how Chunji had changed when you came into his life.

      Meanwhile, in the dressing room, you were insecure about the clothing that you were going to wear for the shoot. Nami and Aeyoung were ready to go and you felt bad for making them wait. They said to take to your time but you just couldn’t. It’s going to be weird to wear such thing in front of everyone. Especially when Chunji was there.

     “Unnie! The photographer said you must be at the booth in 5 minutes!” Aeyoung shouted from the outside of the dressing room. You sighed and quickly slipped yourself into the uncomfortable lingerie.

     “Wow, you’re so…y?” Nami said as soon as you stepped out of the small fitting room. You covered your body with your hand and tried to grab something that can hide yourself from being seeing like that. Too bad, there’s none.

     “Aish, unnie! Let’s go now!” Aeyoung pulled your hand and dragged you to the photographer. Nami followed from behind and got ready to jump into the camera lens. She’s always excited about the shoot because her partners were her closest friends. You and Aeyoung. And she could be more natural around both of you.

     Chunji almost choked on his salad when he saw you being dragged, only wearing red lacy lingerie. You were flushing red when the photographer explaining the concept of the shoot. Chunji felt his eyes almost popped out to the ground as he stared at your curves. You were half- and it really made him feel weird and kind of hot. But the most thing he hated at that time was everyone looking at you when you barely had clothes on your body.

     “Ljoe, why you didn’t tell us about the theme today?”Chunji gritted his teeth in frustration.

     “Oh…. I forgot.” Ljoe smiled like an idiot at him. Chunji whacked his head hard and returned his focus back on you.

     “If I knew this is coming, I wouldn’t let her agree with it.” Chunji harrumphed. “And I know you asked Nami because you wanted to see her body, what a .”

     “Hey, I’m not a ert.” Ljoe complained. “I’m sorry, okay? By the way, you should just enjoy the view. I know you didn’t get laid yet.” He chuckled.

     “What the hell are you talking about? I think you should be the one to marry first. Why does your brain full of dirty thoughts? Oh wait, you just need a woman to settle down with.” Chunji glared.

     “Can you just chill? Oh gosh, I was just kidding. You made me look bad when I’m actually not.” Ljoe whined. But then a smirk ran across his lips. “Still, you didn’t have that y session with her. Poor you.”

     “Shut up, Lee Byunghun. Or I’ll tell your umma that you already had .” Chunji shot a look at his friend. It’s not true but he just wanted Ljoe to keep silent for a while and quit teasing him. Ljoe was very annoying that he felt like burying him in the ground.

     You posed with Aeyoung and Nami happily since the photographer want a cheerful atmosphere around the set. Three of you were holding pillows and there were feathers everywhere. You started to hit Nami first while Aeyoung hit your back with the pillow. On the other side of the room, Chunji just focused on you. He watched you as you jumped around, giggling like a bashful little kid. He loved it. As long as you’re happy, he’s okay with it. Soon, a topless well-built guy went to join them and that’s when Chunji’s expression hardened. Ljoe noticed it but decided not to bother or he’d die. When the photographer asked you to hug the guy and you did it, Chunji rose from his seat. He couldn’t. He just couldn’t watch it. It’s too much for him. You, hugging other guy while wearing lingerie? Even he didn’t have the chance to do the same with you.

     “You know what? Call me when this ends.” Chunji said to Ljoe without looking at him. He left the hall and went to a café near the shooting site to calm himself. And he was sure he couldn’t put on a smile when you and him were at the apartment later.

     You saw Chunji walked out of the hall with a disappointed look written on his face. You knew he was upset with the whole photoshoot thing and it’s all your fault for not asking Ljoe the theme of it. After the director called it a wrap, you rushed to the fitting room to change to your normal outfit and then ran to Ljoe.

     “Where’s oppa?” You panted in front of him.

     “He’s out. Wait a second, I’ll call him.” He pulled out his phone from the pocket and dialed Chunji’s number. You waited for him as he told Chunji that it had ended and he could come to pick you up already.

     “So?” You asked him.

     “He’ll be here soon.” Ljoe smiled faintly.

     “Um, thanks.” You nodded. It was obvious Chunji was going to ignore you at home.

     Soon, Chunji arrived and quickly grabbed your hands without giving yourself the chance to explain. Ljoe felt guilty about the whole situation and went to grab you away from him but Chunji glared at him, making him released your hand slowly. You followed Chunji as he harshly dragged you away from the hall.

     “It’s a great thing I can finally breathe.” Was all he said as both of you got into the car. The ride was quiet and none of you spoke or initiating the conversation. And you knew he was definitely mad. He kept his eyes on the road and not to mention that how he almost hit the steering when the traffic light suddenly went red as he rushed for the green light.

     When both of you reached home, Chunji silently went to living room and the tv. He completely ignored your presence and you hated that. Pouting, you went to kitchen to fix some coffee for him. You didn’t what to do to make him out of the mood. After stirring the coffee perfectly, you walked to living room and held it out for him.

     “Oppa, coffee.” You said.

     “Put it on the table. I’ll drink it later.” He said, in monotone voice. It hurts you when he treated you like that. You placed the cup on the table and sat on the couch right next to him. He still didn’t bother to look at you and it made you feel more bad. You slowly scooted closer to him and hugged his arm so he could respond to you, even a bit.

     “Oppa, I’m sorry.” You said in cute voice. Chunji grunted in his seat and released his arm from you. He flipped other channels and still pretended you were not there.

     “Oppa..” you whined while hitting his arm. He didn’t budge a bit but he did shot you a glare, making you sunk into your seat. You felt angry that he didn’t want to talk to you so you decided to let it out. You stood in front of him with your hands rested on your waist. He just stared at you, waiting for you to act or say something. You felt like melting when he looked into your eyes but no, you had to show him that you were mad too.

     “Y-ya! Lee Chanhee! I’m sorry, okay. It’s my fault for not asking Ljoe oppa about the concept of the photoshoot and do you know that I hesitated to wear that lingerie? I knew you would be mad, like now. I’m sorry, okay? And about hugging the guy, I’m truly sorry about it. I just followed the instruction and I knew that I could stop myself from doing it. But I was just too dumb.” You exhaled. Chunji rose from the couch and stood face-to-face with you. You were so scared that he would yell at you or maybe hit you. Wait, he wouldn’t hit you.

     “I-I’m sorry.” You blurted out. He just shook his head and leaned closer towards you. You shut your eyes, afraid that he would say something that you didn’t want to hear. Then, you heard him chuckling and felt him tapping your forehead. You opened your eyes slowly to see him smiling, just like usual.

     “Do you know it’s hard to stay mad at you?” Chunji laughed a little.

     You blinked. “Huh?”

     “I can’t get angry with you, miss.” He plopped himself back on the couch. “You’re forgiven.”

     You clasped your hands happily and hugged him. “Thank you very much!”

     He laughed and hugged you back as tight as possible. Chunji made you sit on his lap and held your hands, squeezing them a bit. “I think I have to make a few rules, hmm.”

     “Aish, rules?” You nudged his rib. He hissed in pain and poked your side, the part where you felt ticklish the most. You squirmed on his lap and slapped his chest hardly so he could stop. And he did.

     “Yes. First of all, do not go to photoshoot that requires you to be half-. That’s a big NO. I don’t like it. You’re showing too much skin today and almost everyone can see it.” Chunji said.

     “Alright, I’ll tell Moonhyun oppa not to accept any offer that requires y outfit.” You agreed.

     “Good.” He played with your fingers. “Second, don’t hug random guys randomly. Or I’ll kill those guys. You can only hug people I trust.”

     “You’re so mean.” You frowned. “Hmm, fine.”

     “Third, you should stay with me every weekend and cuddle with me all the time.” Chunji grinned.

     “Oppa, that’s greedy. What if there’s urgent matter on weekends?”

     “Right. I’ll let you off, then.” He pinched and then pulled your nose. You rubbed your red nose while glaring at him.

     “Aww, look at you, so cute.” He cooed you. You frowned and stood up to prepare lunch but he pulled you back onto his lap, kissing the tip of your nose. “Feeling better?”

     “Yah!” You puffed your cheeks.

     “My name is not ‘yah!’” He smiled playfully before pecking your lips several times.

      Your cheeks turned scarlet and you slapped his chest repeatedly to hide your nervous feelings at that time. He lifted you up from the couch and made you stood on the ground before resting both of his hands on your shoulders. You made faces at him and pulled him along to the kitchen.

     “What are you going to cook for lunch?” he asked. You just ignored him and got everything out of the fridge.

     “It’s your turn to ignore me, huh?” Chunji pouted. He looked ridiculously cute with those puffed cheeks of him and you couldn’t help but to walk to him and pecked his soft lips.

     “Okay, I guess I’ll help you since you’re being so baby and adorable today.” He stole a kiss on your left cheek and helped you to wash the vegetables. You rolled you eyes at him and were just able to shake your head at his wonderful side.