fin.

trigger the fever.
Please log in to read the full chapter

(listen to nct dream's 2017 fifa song, guys ahaha.)

...

 

Falling in love should be for fun, not bring you to the verge of tears.

That’s what Joohyun thinks, at least.

Though when she looks around the empty apartment, crusty cardboard boxes still stacked up and unopened, it doesn’t help the fact that she’s long since believed otherwise. The stench of fresh paint stings her sensitive nose, and the floor looks like it needs a vacuum, despite already having had one just last night. It drains her to even think about doing chores right now, especially when her mind has already flicked on a grainy old movie reel behind her eyes. She lays her head back down and shuts them, determined to enjoy it.

Today’s star, like every other time this happens, is an incredibly important person; it’s Son Seungwan.

The girl who reminds Joohyun why she finds flowers so damned beautiful, the girl with every burning star in the galaxy sewn into her irises, and the only girl in the universe Joohyun would be willing to gamble her heart away for. Seungwan’s laugh trickles into her soul and makes her think of vibrant summer colours; of pomegranate cocktails, summer peaches, palm trees and lemon meringue macarons. How does someone manage to make the stripes of the rainbow look less and less saturated each time she looks up into rain-cleared skies?

And even then, Seungwan is so much more than that.

The heels of her palms rub the sleep from her eyes, and Joohyun groans, shaking herself into reality. A long, drawn-out sigh reverberates around the room at the tedious day ahead.

Better start unpacking, she supposes.

Except, she must’ve said it out loud, because…

“… ngh… don’t wanna…” a groggy, honey-dipped voice seeps into the room.

Ah, the reason Joohyun hates being the first to wake up. It means she’s going to be the one doing the missing. Sometimes she thinks she sleeps in on purpose; just to tease.

Joohyun turns her attention to her doe-eyed heartthrob, who’s now yawning and stretching under their makeshift duvet. Slivers of sunshine cast golden rays through the blinds, painting her in their shimmery light and making her look even less human than Joohyun already perceives her.

How is someone so perfect? Angels must exist, mustn’t they?

Seungwan is so precious it makes Joohyun want to cry. And she has, in the past. She almost did this morning, too. But moving into your first apartment together after five years of dating is understandably overwhelming.

Joohyun reaches over to brush a sleepy tuft of satin, caramel hair from tired eyes. “Wan-ah, we have to. I want to set

Please log in to read the full chapter