Moonrene- Highschool AU~Part 1

One-Shots of Anything You Want Me To Write

The Guest

___________________________________________________

By EmmaUnnie

 

 

A/N: This is for PhilharMagic!~ I hope you enjoy!

 

________________________________________________________________

 

    In the city of Yeonsu-gu in Incheon, the sky was awake with beams of sunlight piercing through the dreary clouds. The atmosphere seemed dreary, however, today the sun chose a spot on the house of the Moon family. 

    A young girl walked to an all-girls high school every morning under the gray sky. She almost tripped over a large rock, and her headphones fell out of her ears. The girl plugged them back in, and continued listening to her favorite Kpop band. Today, light rain began to fall on her head, and danced through her medium-length, jet black hair. She quickly put her hood up and walked faster towards the looming building ahead of her: Yeonsu Girls' High School. The rain started to pick up, and students chatting outside the school walked inside. No one gave any notice to her as she quietly stepped inside with them.

    She left her shoes on her locker put on the white, rather comfortable slippers that everyone else wore. As she was doing this, she didn’t notice a familiar girl stroll up behind her. “YA!” Said Jung Wheein, practically tackling her friend to the ground. “Moonbyul-ah! You’re pretty wet. We can use my umbrella later. Let’s get to class, I seriously need some last-minute studying..” She was one of Moonbyul’s  friends, and a friend she had known since she was 12, and now they're in their senior year of high school. Byul shoved her friend off and gave a slight smile. “Same here. Come on.” She said, adjusting her backpack. They walked towards their homeroom.

“I bet you forgot to study last night.” Wheein said after a minute or two. Moonbyul sunk her head, her fringe covering her eyes.

“I was able to study a little bit but...I was too busy helping to get ready for company who’s staying with me in my room tonight...”

“Company? Who’s coming?”

“Oh, just some girl who’s parents my parent’s are friends with. Instead of her staying in an apartment, my parents decided that she should stay with us until she can finish school.”

“So she just left home to pursue an education or something?”

“I guess so.” Byul shrugged.

Wheein’s eye’s widened. “Well, whoever it is, I just hope they don’t drown in your sea of clothes-“ Before she could finish, Byul punched her arm playfully, and both laughed quietly. 

    She sat down in the back of their home room, class 1-B, and sadly, Wheein sat in the front. They two both sat down and ped their backpacks. Immediately Yongsun (Byul’s close friend) was surrounded by a bunch of girls chattering with her. Yong had the highest GPA, a rich family, and not only was she smart but she was beautiful. Moonbyul couldn’t quite believe that she was her friend. 

    A long time ago, Moonbyul and her family moved from Seoul, the capital, (which isn’t too far from Incheon) to Yeonsu-gu because they could no longer afford to live there, and her father was seeking jobs in the area as well. Her father, Jung-won, soon became a police officer. Her mother, Seyoung, works at home and takes care of Moonbyul and her younger sisters: Seulgi and Yesol. 

    On her first day to Yeonsu Girls' High School, she was in such a rush that she forgot to zip her backpack all the way. By the time she neared the school she was running, and right before she could walk in all of her books fell out. As she leaned down to pick the stupid mess up, a tall girl with long, wavy black hair approached her and bent down to meet her eyes: “I’ll help you.” Was all she said. 

    Byulyi just gave a small thank you after she helped, and assumed she was sent to assist the new student. “So you must be the new- crap we’re gonna be late! Come with me...” She grabbed Byul’s arm and dragged her to her new locker. As they ran to their home room, she huffed, “I- *pant*- I’m Hyejin by the way. What- *huff* - is your n-name?”

“I-I’m Moonbyul.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Hyejin said after she sat down. “Where are you from?”

“It’s nice to meet you too...and I lived in Seoul be-“

“Oh my gosh, really? I love Seoul! I’ve always wanted to live there.” Just then, the teacher, Mrs. Sooyoung, walked in. “Well, just tell me about it later. Your seat is that empty one back there by the way.” Byul, nervous yet happy to make a new acquaintance, sat down in the back. At the time, no one was seated next to her. 

    After that, every day Hyejin would ask her about her seemingly “luxurious” life in Seoul. They soon hit it off after finally switching topics to Kpop; a musical genre the two love. Solar, Wheein, Hyejin and Byul began to enjoy singing together after school by going to karaoke places. Sometimes, they’d just start making jokes and singing out of nowhere, and they quickly became a hot topic at school as the girls that everyone wanted to hang out with.

Anyways, as of now, Byul’s mind began to drift to the new guest-

“Everyone, I would like to introduce our new student.” Mrs. Sooyoung said, ushering in a small girl from the door.

    Byul’s eyes seemed to grow larger at the new student. The girl’s aura was seemingly shrouded with darkness. However, she appeared to be super young because of her height, but she was almost eighteen. Her hair flowed down her lower back, and even though it was black like everyone else’s, it seemed to shimmer like the ocean. She was beautiful, and everyone's attention was immediately on her; her eyes had a bright elegance and intensity about them that would make even a lion feel shy. The deep black orbs landed on Moonbyul, who flinched and quickly looked away. The small girl introduced herself as Bae Joohyun. Everyone was entranced by her beauty. Soon the whole room was flooded with “hello’s” and “eat out with us” and “nice to meet you”. The teacher ordered everyone to calm down. Joohyun’s gave the prettiest of smiles at her awed classmates and bowed gracefully. Her eyes swayed back towards Byul, who met her gaze and blushed.

    “Joohyun moved from Seoul. Please make her feel welcome. Your seat is right next Moonbyulyi’s seat.” Moonbyul awkwardly waved so see could see her, but Joohyun’s dark eyes were already on her. The new girl finally ended the eye contact as she strode—no— glided towards her seat; all eyes on her.

Everyone whispered at how jealous they were that she sat next to shy Moonbyul— and how lucky she was to be sitting next to probably the most beautiful girl in the entire school, and how that would go over with Yongsun (who would most likely only want to be the girl’s friend). 

Byul stared at her desk, trying desperately to ignore the presence next to her.

“Everyone, are you ready for the English exam today?” The teacher asked. 

Moonbyul snapped her head up so fast it gave her a headache.

   She totally forgot to study that morning. She frantically scanned her English notes and book. A few girls snickered at her. Soon, however, the exams were passed on and she had no choice but to put her books back in her backpack. She sighed quietly and grabbed her  No. 2 pencil.

 

Question 1: 9의 제곱근은 얼마입니까? (What is the square root of 9?) Answer in English.

 

The square root of 9 iz 3.

 

Question 2: 이름이 뭐예요? (What is your name) Answer in English.

 

My name is Moon Byulyi.

 

Question 3: I went to the coffee shop/restaurant and then took a bus to/too work.

 

Shop, to

 

    After the 40th question was finished, Moonbyul’s exam was finally taken by the teacher to be graded. She felt a timid tap on her shoulder. Joohyun was- wait. The corners of were turned upwards; a smile. At her. It was...almost shy.

Moonbyul was slightly taken aback, but returned the smile just a shyly. It’s as if the beautiful girl’s smile was oddly contagious.

    She let go a sigh of relief once the lunch bell rang, and quickly jumped up from her seat away from the peculiar girl behind her.

                        

                                                                                                                          ⚚⅀⚚

 

    It was still raining pretty hard outside as Moonbyul walked home after school with Wheein under her umbrella. They talked about this and that, enjoying the sound of the rain drumming on the umbrella, and whistling a random tune together. “I most likely failed that test. I mean, I felt pretty good about it..but...” Byul said quietly, seemingly talking to herself. “And that Joohyun girl...what was with her? There’s something...totally strange...but kind of cool about her. I don’t know. I wonder who the new guest is. I hope she’s not a snorer.” Wheein quirked an eyebrow, but said nothing.

    She arrived at her home and said bye to Wheein. The window drapes were open, and she peered inside. Through the rain, she saw a girl sitting on the couch. She stopped breathing.

 

Bae Joohyun.

 

______________________________________

Part Two coming soon my lovelies~