Afraid of being hurt

I just need the least from you [ONE-SHOT]

 

"Jia, are you sure you're not going to see him..?"

"Can we please don't talk about him anymore..?"

"I mean.. they're all flying back to Seoul tonight.. it's gonna take you really long to see him again... have a talk with him at least..?"

"No."

"Come on.. I am sure he has his reasons for d--"

"Unnie please! If you're not gonna stop then I'll quit talking to you!"

Both of them walked to the lobby of their apartment.

They were about to enter the elevator when someone grabbed Jia's wrist from behind.

She turned and was surprised to see a tall guy decked in black pants and black hoodie standing infront of her.

The guy removed his shades and looked straight into her eyes.

Jia pulled her hand away with force and snapped.. "What are you doing here?? How did you managed to come here by yourself?! Unnie! Did you revealed our address to him?!"

"We need to talk..."

"We don't have anything to talk about."

"Please..."

"Yah Cho Kyuhyun! Why are you here pleading to me?! You're not even supposed to be like this! Go back to where you came from and live your life! Let me live my life here as well! Unnie, let's go.. don't bother about him.."

Kyuhyun grabbed Jia's wrist once more time as he pleaded again.. "Baby, don't do this... I don't have much time... please...."

"You should give him a chance.. You have to admit that you're searching for answers as well.. don't make it hard for him and yourself... I shall make a move..  Unnie will wait for you in the house..." 

------------FLASHBACK------------

The boys were busy preparing for their final day concert show in Singapore. Everyone were pacing back and forth in making sure that they have been working according to plan.

Kyuhyun was standing at the corner of the waiting room as he appeared restless while talking on the phone..

"Where will you be at..?"

"I am now standing in the moshpit right at the front of the stage! You will be able to see me! I will be holding up your banner proudly and shout for your name!"

"I am not liking the idea of you standing there with the rest of them.."

"It is okay! I want to blend in with the fans too! I want to feel their love for you as well! Oppa, make sure you do your best alright?? and don't forget to wave at me!"

"Hmmm.."

"You must press on! I know you're feeling tired but you can do it! I have to go now.. more fans entering and they're pushing me all around! Kyuhyun oppa FIGHTING! I love you!"

"Me too.."

He hung up the call and slid his cellphone back into his pocket.

"What was that cold shoulder for..?"

Kyuhyun looked at Eunhyuk as he raised an eyebrow.. "Cold shoulder...?"

"I heard you just now.. You didn't sound like that before whenever you were on the phone with her.. You should be really happy tonight and cherish this moment.. This is what you've been waiting for right..? Flying here and seeing her again after a long time.."

"I didn't gave her the cold shoulder.. I guess I was too tired.."

Eunhyuk smiled as he put an arm around Kyuhyun's shoulder.. "Leave your fatigue till later.. We have a show to carry on.. let's go!"

----------------------------------------------

The venue roared with fans screaming for Super Junior as the concert was nearing to its end. 

Fans were literally on sugar-rush as the boys ran around the stage, giving fanservice.

Despite all the happiness, there was one person who was still holding on to her hope.

Jia POV

Why did he kept going to the other side..? He knows I'm here.. 

I am very sure he saw me.. 

I am very sure his eyes met mine..

But why did he acted as if he didn't know me at all..?

Here I am frantically jumping till my feet hurts, holding up his banner.. and screaming out for him..

He took notice of other fans.. but he did not even spare any thought for me..

The concert is coming to an end very soon...

Okay he's running towards us..

"OPPA!! KYUHYUN OPPA!! KYUHYUN OPPA!!"

Great. He just ran across my face..

Cho Kyuhyun... really..?

You promised.

------------END OF FLASHBACK------------

 

Kyuhyun dragged Jia out to the roadside as he let go of her who was struggling.

"Let go of me!" Jia pulled her hand back with all her might as she circled her wrist which was turning red from the grip.

"Please let me explain.."

"I don't need any explanation! Do you even realize how hurt I was?! I'm not trying to be petty but did you even thought of me?! The last time I saw you was when I flew to Korea six months ago! I did all I could to spend my time with you throughout my stay.. Does it even came across your mind how important the concert was for me?! Yes we often communicate through video calls but do you think it's enough..?"

"I know the concert was important for you.. I know..."

"No you don't know anything about me! All the talks we had before this were all bull! I feel like I'm the biggest fool in the world harping on someone who just can't be bothered with me.. It was really hard for me holding on to this relationship.. especially ours, being a long-distant relationship.. which we can't even make it public.. I always put myself in your shoes.. always.. I understand the status you're carrying.. I understand how busy you could be most of the time.. I put my heart and soul for the both of us although we're far away from each other.. I was the happiest person when you told me you guys will be holding a concert right here in my country.. I could finally see you again.. all I wanted was your attention.. you were able to give that to the fans but you can't even give the least to me.. I waited for months just to cherish these two days... only two days of seeing you, oppa..."

"Jia... I'm sorry... I really am... I just can't..... I w--"

"You can't..? I get it.. You weren't even that interested while we were having our last conversation on the phone.. I should have known better.. I am just a normal fan to you.. I have always been one.. I guess I've had enough of this mental torture.. It takes two hands to clap.. I don't want to always be the one chasing after you.. Although you did promised that you will give me the best moments of my life during these two days.. I take this as the best moment of my life then.. I shall free myself from you.. Kyuhyun oppa, I shall not waste your time and hold onto you further.. I know I've made you suffocated.. and I'm sorry.. please live a better life after this.. get someone else who can be with you all the time.. I can't do that.. and I am letting you go.. It has been a great time being with you for the past year.. although we rarely met in person..."

Kyuhyun gripped on Jia's shoulders as he persuaded.. "No! Don't do this.. You're not the biggest fool! I am!"

"You're not.. You're Cho Kyuhyun.. that world star from the famous group, Super Junior.. I am just.. nothing.. Don't hold me back anymore.. Whatever it is, I will always support your career.. as your fan.."

"That's not gonna happen! I need you!"

"You don't need me.. You will be fine.. Just go back..." 

Jia shoved Kyuhyun's arms away from her as she turned her back against him. 

She walked towards the lobby again and was determined not to turn behind.

Tears ran down her cheeks as she thought of the memories they once had together.

The elevator arrived and she was about to enter when suddenly...

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHHH*

"ARE YOU TIRED OF LIVING?!" the man shouted at Kyuhyun who stood still just a few inches infront of his van.

Heechul pulled Kyuhyun away as he bowed to the angry driver who sped off while cursing.

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk came out from their van which was situated at the roadside too as they witnessed the horrifying scene.

The leader quickly approached as he gave a tight slap across Kyuhyun's face.

"YOU MUST HAVE ING FRIED YOUR BRAIN! HAVEN'T YOU HAD ENOUGH OF ACCIDENTS?!"

"Eeteuk hyung, don't..." Eunhyuk stood infront of Leeteuk as he slightly pushed the latter's chest.

Kyuhyun's cheek turned red as he lowered his head and hid behind Heechul.

Heechul faced Kyuhyun and asked him.. "Why are you being like this?! Did you manage to explain to her?!"

"She was right.. there's no need for anymore explanations.. she has let me go.."

"The point is.. have you actually explained to her..?" Eunhyuk posed another question.

Kyuhyun slowly shook his head as Leeteuk tried to break away from Eunhyuk and charged at the maknae..

"YOU DID NOT EXPLAINED ANYTHING TO HER AND NOW YOU'RE TRYING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED?! WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"Kyuhyun oppa! Are you okay?! My heart almost stopped when I heard that van screeched and you was right infront of it!! Did you get hit?? Are you hurt anywhere?! Answer me!"

Heechul, Eunhyuk and Leeteuk watched Jia who appeared out of a sudden as she fussed herself around Kyuhyun.

She brought Kyuhyun's hoodie down from his head as she caressed his cheek and looked for any wounds on his face with her teary eyes.

Kyuhyun placed his palm on her soft hand which was wiping his forehead as he finally broke down.

"What is wrong?? Are you in pain??" 

Jia was confused as she looked at the three guys who just gave him a pitiful expression.

Eunhyuk placed his palm on Jia's shoulder as he said.. "You should give him a chance... listen to what he has to say..."

Heechul patted Kyuhyun's back as he walked away with Eunhyuk.

Leeteuk the back of Kyuhyun's head as he said to Jia.. "He was having a really hard time.. I hope you will have a change of heart.. Our Kyuhyun.. is not like how you made him out to be..." 

The leader walked back towards the van as he turned and smiled.. "Kyuhyun-ah, make it quick.. we have a plane to catch.."

"Why are you crying like this..? You don't cry easily and I'm not used to seeing you in this state.. where did that strong Cho Kyuhyun went to??" Jia said worriedly as she wiped Kyuhyun's tears off his cheeks.

"That Cho Kyuhyun died after you left him...."

Jia shook her head as she started to tear.. "NO! Please don't say that! it is for your own good! I don't wish to hold you up anymore nor interfere with your life! That doesn't mean you can treat yourself like this! It really hurts me seeing you like this!"

"Then don't leave me..."

Kyuhyun gazed at Jia who was still figuring out what to reply as he continued.. "I know you were there.. I spotted you the moment I came out on stage.. I could feel your presence all the time.. I heard you shouting my name.. I did not forget nor was I ignoring you on purpose.. I was being selfish.. I did not want to get hurt.. I know that after tonight, I won't be able to see you again for a long time.. I can't bear to see you cheering for me with an expression filled with hope and love.. I was afraid that I would lose myself and just went down to hug you.. I have been thinking about it even while I was in Korea.. It has been bugging my mind for a long time.. Like you said, we only have two days.. It is not enough for us.. You would be contented with these two days but I'm not.. Everyday I yearn for you to be by my side.. hearing your voice and seeing you through videocalls, only made me yearn for your presence even more.. I remembered whatever I have promised.. but I could not get myself to do it.. I tried so hard to avoid you.. I know this unfair but to me, this is the best for us.. Unless we're going to spend time together for a long time.. it is better if we don't come into physical contact.. I thought I was doing it all right.. until I found out from your sister that you were really upset with me.. I was confused.. I came to bid you goodbye and wanted to end the night with a happy note, joking with you that we'll continue our long-distant relationship through videocalls as usual.. I was so wrong.. Little did I realized I have hurt you so bad.. I tried to explain but after listening to what you have said.. I know I did something which is irreversible.. I admit, you did the most in this relationship.. I was always afraid to try too hard.. I was really afraid to get hurt.. because I don't want to lose you..."

"I never expected you to try too hard.. I only wanted you to put in that little effort for our relationship.. You never told me of your reasons.. I would have understand! During the concert, I was so happy and proud to see you on stage! Watching you enjoying yourself and giving the best of your ability in bringing out a great performance for everyone.. I guess I was being selfish too for wanting your attention.. I am sorry..."

Kyuhyun swiped Jia's tears off her face as he smiled at her.. "We made a decision to commit ourselves in this relationship.. it is definitely hard.. but as you mentioned before.. perseverance will lead us to what we want to achieve.. are you still gonna let me go..?"

"AM NOT!" Jia exclaimed as she sprang on Kyuhyun and hugged him tight.

Kyuhyun grinned as he wrapped his arms around her as he whispered.. "Baby, I'm sorry for making you wait this long.. I promise that it won't be that long anymore.. I will return soon and bring you back with me for good.."

"Then I have to live in your world.. that's going to be even harder.."

"Who says so..? You'll be living in our world..."

They kept each other tight in embrace for a long time when Heechul shouted from the van..

"Excuse me! Cho Kyuhyun, it's not like we're riding the van back to Seoul! "

Jia chuckled as she released herself from Kyuhyun and held both of his hands.. "You should really get going now.. We have dealt with this situation multiple times.. "

Kyuhyun sighed as he solemnly looked at her.. "I hate this.. I don't want to leave you.."

"Me neither.. but for our sake, you have to.. we will always keep in touch, dear..."

"Take care of yourself.. don't look at other guys while I'm not around.."

"You've always been saying that! No other guys here can match up to you! Not to worry!"

"If I got to know you have your eyes on some punk, I will fly back here and snatch you away!"

"Bring it on~" 

Kyuhyun stared into Jia's eyes as he planted a kiss on her forehead.. "I love you, baby.. I really do..."

"I love you too...." she replied as she tiptoed and locked her lips with Kyuhyun's and had their kiss for a lifetime.

--------------------------------------------END--------------------------------------------

Yah my dongsaeng! Cheer up! Unnie will always be here for you! <3