Yul

Resting Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

Never once she imagined mating to a rare human breed let alone having a permanent house.

Yes, a house. Though it wasn't like any of those human residence house, it was a permanent place to go home to none the less. 

Yena had always believed she'd just find some cave or inn to stay, as she traveled around for her guild's errand. She rarely spent her earnings, both of gold and of chrysalys (high maintenance magic stones). Thus far, Yena would deposit her gold into the capitol's bank or donate some of them for Beastpeople communities and fish farm sites in the western shore of The Great Sol Kingdom. As for her chrysalys, she couldn't exactly discard them off since the kingdom banned any magical leak caused by irresponsible disposal of chrysalys. But Yena couldn't just randomly keep it somewhere and let anybody misused the said magic stone either. What's more she couldn't just turn her chrysalys into gold without submitting a legal paper of chrysalys use either.

The rules regarding chrysalys were too much for Yena that she just deposit them on a small chrysalys maintenance facility, the Longwood Fortress. Should whatever purity of her chrysalys reduced to zero by the time Yena got the said stone as another payment or loot, the aves-descent beastwoman wouldn't mind much.

Unfortunately, Yena acquired the notorious hard-to-get-by stone rather easily--It made her doubted the rarity of the chrysalys' existence. That was why she began to worry with her piling fortune in Logwood Fortress. She remembered how Chief Walter of the Sky Golem Descent, the owner of chrysalys maintenance facility, would nag at Yena due to the chrysalys mountain got wasted by maintenance degradation.

Though, when yena took 90% of her rusting chrysalis deposit for gold, Chief Walter still nagged. The said chief couldn't believe that the aves-descent girl sold her chrysalys for a permanent shelter; for a permanent life mating with a human.

At any rate, with the newly gained gold (and the right connections), Yena brought a house-cave in a predominant halving village of Snowmyst. The aves-descent came accross the house during her

Please log in to read the full chapter