Who's who, really?

Who's playing who
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, and Happy Seulrene day everyone. I still have tons of Irene/Seulgi/Joohyun type themes and by tons I mean tons! But I figured I do something fun and lighthearted, so this is Joohyun basically asking sis Irene to help play a bit of a prank on girlfriend Seulgi by pretending to be her, should be fun! Okay enjoy







 

This was not about anything other than playing a friendly trick on her girl, Bae Joohyun thought to herself when she took one look at her sleeping girlfriend Kang Seulgi’s face, the monolid woman knocked out like a light, mouth wide open, and looking adorable, so much so that Joohyun almost felt bad for what she was soon going to do. Only a little badly, since she just wanted to see how well Seulgi could tell herself apart from her twin sister Irene, if anything it was going to be a bit of fun. Because once upon a time, Seulgi did have trouble telling them apart, not that she could be blamed for that, since Irene was identical to her in every way, same face, same bright brown eyes, same lips, everything the same, except of course their difference in personalities. Irene, the slightly younger twin with a more bold personality than herself. It’s not too hard to tell them apart, once getting to know them.

 

Fortunately, when she and Seulgi started dating, she never really confused them again, only once she did make that mistake, thinking Irene was her, and perhaps on some level, Joohyun just knew she needed to test Seulgi, and so Joohyun spoke to her sister the other day about what she wanted to do, and Irene had been all for it.

 

(Flashback)

 

Seulgi was at work, and it was the perfect time to invite Irene over so they could talk. Joohyun waited for what felt like forever until finally her twin arrived, Irene is an actress, and because she is an actress her work schedule varies from time to time.

 

“Hey, sis.” Irene smiles, removing her shades in some elegant, model type of way. Joohyun rolls her eyes in exaggeration.

 

“Well, it’s about time, Rene!”

 

“Hey, I was filming today, you already knew that, we all can’t be boring business women like you.”
 

“Well, at least this boring businesswoman makes money.”

 

“I make more money than you, sis.” Irene laughs, “You’re such a brat, Hyun.”

 

“I’m a brat! Have you looked in a mirror lately?” The slightly older twin tells her and at that Irene comes back with a witty remark that makes them both laugh.

 

“Why should I have to look in the mirror, when you’re standing right in front of me, twin?”
 

After that both women laugh out loud, before embracing in a hug. Irene isn’t wrong or anything, it really is like looking in a mirror, same pretty features, big brown eyes, full lips, dark hair against pale skin, yes exactly the same face.

 

“Okay, seriously, what’s going on, Hyun?”

 

Irene came over today to find out what her sister wanted to discuss with her. She was intrigued by the fact that Joohyun pretty much told her to hurry over with urgency in her voice since Seulgi was at work.

 

“You wanted me here when Seul’s out, so are you trying to find a way to break up with her, and want me to do it?”

 

“What!” Joohyun shouts. “No, never, I am not breaking up with her, no.”

 

“Jeez, sorry.” Irene shrugs. “Well, what’s so urgent?”

 

“I want you to help me play a prank on Seul.”

 

The way Irene’s eyes light up at the mere mention of prank, Joohyun knows her sister will be on board, so she proceeds to tell her all about the plan. She wants for Irene to come over tomorrow, pretend to be her, and see how long it will take Seulgi to realize she is in fact, Irene, and not herself.

 

“I mean, I love it. It’s very devilish of you, Hyun, I am surprised. But, how far exactly do you want me to take this, because what if she thinks I am really, you, then what?”

 

That thought hadn’t even crossed Joohyun’s mind. Seulgi should be able to tell that it’s Irene and not her, otherwise there will surely be hell to pay. 

 

“Then I’ll end both of your lives.”

 

“Haha,” Irene laughs. “So funny you are, Hyun. But okay, I am an actress, you know. So I can pull this off, no problem. What time should I be here for this little scheme of yours?”

 

“Early, like 8 in the morning, because I need you to start playing me right away.”

 

(End)


 

They talked about it in full detail, Irene would be here soon, she would play the part of Joohyun, while Joohyun observed from a safe, hidden location to make sure that Seulgi would eventually be able to tell she was talking to her twin, and of course Joohyun will eventually reveal herself.

 

“I’m sorry, baby.” Joohyun kisses the sleeping woman’s lips. “Don’t be mad, it’s all going to be a good fun prank.” 

 

Still, since she won’t be actually with Seulgi in a few hours, Joohyun makes the most of it, by cuddling up to the sleeping woman, who actually does end up with her arms around Joohyun’s waist, holding her in a tight embrace, that is always welcome, only now it’s time for her to get up to let Irene in.

 

“Seriously, Seul, of all the times I have to beg you to cuddle me, now you want to hold me in a death grip!”
 

The dark-haired woman has to fight, literally to get out of Seulgi’s arms, partly because she kind of wants to stay in bed with her, but has to get up since Irene is probably waiting for her. Luckily, Seulgi lets go and turns around, giving Joohyun the perfect chance to escape. By the time she gets down to the door, Irene is waiting there with an impatient frown, tea thermos in her hand.

 

“It’s about time, sis. Do you know how freaking cold it is out here!”

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Joohyun hugs her sister in apology. “Come in, I would make you breakfast, but well, there’s not much time. Seul is still asleep, but she’ll be down here before 9, so you go into the kitchen and make breakfast.”

 

“What, no one said anything about making breakfast. Pretending to be you is fine, but cooking, I draw the line at. You know I can’t cook all that well.”

 

That is true, Irene isn’t the greatest cook, and so Joohyun had no choice but to put together a quick breakfast, only as she was finishing up there was footsteps coming down the stairs.

 

“Oh, , that’s Seul, go Hyun, go somewhere.” Irene pushes her into the nearby pantry, and before Joohyun can even complain to her that she didn’t have to shove her that hard, Joohyun hears Seulgi speaking.

 

“Hi, good morning, Hyunnie.” The cute yawn is heard too, and Joohyun is internally swooning, so much so that she nearly forgets to crack open the door so she can see what’s going on.

 

Irene pauses for a moment, since she can’t recall Seulgi with glasses, but it’s a nice look on her. Joohyun no doubt probably had to fight like hell to convince her girlfriend she needed them.

 

“Hi, Seul, good morning, sleep well.” Irene immediately goes to hug Seulgi, since she is positive that Joohyun must greet her with a hug at least in the morning.

 

“You look especially beautiful today, so gorgeous I can barely think straight.” Seulgi smiles, eyes forming crescent shapes, and that pisses Joohyun off, since it’s been a hell of a long time that Seulgi actually said she looked beautiful in the morning. 

 

“Oh, so she gets the ‘your beautiful speech’!”

 

There’s no time to really rage about that, since Seulgi now has her hands on Irene’s waist, and this time Joohyun nearly gives it away because she gasps.

 

“What was that?” The monolid woman wonders out loud. 

 

“Oh, um must have been my phone.” Irene laughs. “Sit down, babe, I just made breakfast.”

 

“Babe?” Seulgi eyes her suspiciously, because Joohyun doesn’t ever call her babe, not usually. Irene laughs again and pinches her cheek.

 

“Babe, baby, what’s the difference. Now, eat up, I hope you’re hungry.”

 

“I’m starving.” 

 

Irene grabs two plates and fills them up with food, since she might as well get a free meal out of the deal, why not? She is the one doing all the work here after all, the younger twin just hopes that Joohyun won’t ruin the prank before it really had time to begin.

 

“Everything looks so good, Hyun.”

 

“Oh, well, you know I cooked everything especially for you, my teddy bear.”

 

“She cooked everything!” The older twin is seriously about to fall out in this closet, since it was really her that made the food. Food that is probably gone and she will not even get a chance to have a plate herself. Joohyun calms down, and focuses on the scene in front of her.

 

“Oh, there’s no coffee.” Seulgi speaks. “No, worries, I’ll make some.”

 

“Make me a cup too!” Irene says enthusiastically, and Joohyun is seconds away from running out there to slap her sister silly, Irene should know better than anyone she doesn’t like coffee. Seulgi turns so fast that she nearly drops the pack of coffee she was about to put into the machine.

 

“Hyun, you like coffee now? How long was I asleep?”

 

“Oh my god…” Joohyun face palms. The whole thing could be ruined in a matter of seconds. Seulgi should know she doesn’t like coffee, they’ve only been dating forever.

 

“I uh…” Irene’s mind goes into shut down mode. How could she make such an amatuer mistake, Joohyun has always hated coffee. Luckily, there’s a knock at the door, and Seulgi volunteers to go answer it, stating she’s expecting some packages anyway. Irene sighs in relief, and Joohyun comes out long enough to shake her in exasperation.

 

“Get it together, Rene! What kind of actress are you!”

 

“Hey, I’m a great actress, thank you very much. You’re the one who nearly blew our cover with your gasping.”

 

“Well, I recovered, didn’t I?”

 

The front door closes and Seulgi can be heard calling for Joohyun to come into the living room, to which Joohyun actually almost does go in there, only to realize Irene has to be the one to go, since the prank is still in effect. Not to keep Seulgi waiting, Irene heads into the living room, with Joohyun listening in from the kitchen, waiting for her perfect chance to dive behind the couches so that Seulgi wouldn’t notice. The monolid woman is smiling all brightly, as she holds onto a few boxes.

 

“What’s all this, Seul?”

 

“Just a few things I ordered, but this box, this is the most important one.” Seulgi shows her the smaller box, and Joohyun recognizes it as from a jewelry store that Seulgi once bought couple rings for them once, a long time ago.

 

“Oh, hell no, I know she’s not about to propose to me! I mean my sister, oh god…” has this prank gotten way too far already. 

 

“Seul, what are you about to do?” Irene asks nervously, because saying yes to a wedding proposal that should no doubt be for Joohyun, is also not a part of the plan.

 

“I want to ask the love of my life to marry me!”

 

“What!” Both twins are mentally freaking out. Joohyun has to stop this, surely?


“But, we haven’t even had breakfast yet.” Irene states the obvious, since their food is still there, and she is actually hungry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter