The Cocky Idiot Incident

Fool Proof, I Think (Harry Potter au)

Sometimes I wonder why people decide to show up when they’re not going to do anything. Looking at Kim Hanbin continuously  doze off from across the room has me wondering that. I understand that I shouldn’t be wondering that because what if something major happened the night before, we don’t know other people’s situations. But we are kind of at Hogwarts and it also happens to be a Wednesday so what exactly is keeping him up all night? Probably being a huge dickwad to the younger kids.

I continue to look at him with mild disgust before the girl sitting next to me grabs my attention.

“Who are you staring at?” Junghwa questions happily. Ah Yeom Junghwa. Junghwa happens to be a close house friend. She was my first friend in my house. All the friends I made on the train in first year ended up in different houses unfortunately. Luckily Junghwa introduced herself quickly during the feast and we became fast friends. We aren’t super close but I trust her a lot. She follows my previous stare to the boy across the room. “Kim Hanbin? I didn’t know you were into bad boys.”

“I am most definitely not.” I huff at her assumption. Look, there isn’t anything bad about bad boys. They are actually kind of attractive. But I don’t think I will ever like Hanbin. “He’s annoying,” my eyes shift over to where he is still sleeping. “And he’s also sleeping in class!”

“Aw I was hoping you’d say yes,” Junghwa pouts.

“Oh my gosh, shut u-“

“Gong So-hee. Independent practice time means no talking.” Professor Jung interrupts. Gosh darn it. I wouldn’t be talking during independent practice time if it wasn’t so boring.  “I understand there are only about five minutes left of class but if I hear you again, I will move you to another table.” Move me to another table? What are we? Five? And with only five minutes remaining? This is a disgrace.

“Sorry Professor,” I murmur hesitantly. “It won't happen again.” How does Junghwa not get in trouble for talking? I need to learn her methods.

The next five minutes continue without so much as a squeak from me. The bell for lunch rings and I quickly put my books in my bag. I turn to Junghwa, who is also packing up like me.

“Come on, I’m basically starving.” Junghwa announces as I roll my eyes. She heads for the door and I quickly follow her. Unfortunately I feel myself slam into someone. And it most definitely wasn’t Junghwa’s short .

I let out a huff while looking up at the person I ran into. And just my luck, it was Hanbin. Oh now he’s glaring at me. My cheeks flame up in embarrassment. It’s better if I just start apologizing now instead of staring at him like an idiot but he’s glaring at me! Whatever I have to it up.

“I’m so-” I start. Wow, another interruption. The world really was not on my side today.

“Are you blind or something?” Hanbin speaks up. I’m so glad I didn’t finish my apology because what is up with this dude?

“Me? Why are you standing in the middle of the doorway?” I roll my eyes at him. I glance over to Junghwa who is standing outside the door. She looks panicked at my choice of words. Why is she so worried when I’m the one in a problem? “Now move out of my way Gryffie. I’m kind of hungry.” I try to walk around but he sidesteps me.

“Nuh-uh,” Hanbin starts again. Why must he do this to me? “You have to apologize, Princess.” Never realized how irritating Gryffindors can be. I roll my eyes for the upteenth time, at this rate my eyes will be stuck like this. I guess I should just it up and apologize.

“I’m sorry.” I say as I look up at him. I see the corners of his lips turn up into a small smirk and it makes my eyes narrow. “I’m sorry that you’re such a cocky idiot.” I quickly blurt out before pushing him past him into the corridor. I grab Junghwa, who by the way is watching me with wide eyes (thanks for the help I guess), and pull her towards the Great Hall. I turn my head to look back at Hanbin, who’s standing with Jiwon. His gaze meets mine and it turns into a glare. I turn back to face front. I’m royally ed.

We continue our fast paced walk to the Great Hall. When arriving Junghwa and I part our ways. She has her own friend group to hang out with and I’m sure my girl group would love to hear what I just got myself into. I scan each table before catching Rosé’s blonde hair at the Slytherin table. I quickly cross over to the table and plop down next to Hayi. Oh my sweet friends. I receive a chorus of heys and hellos as I look over each of them.

We’ll start with those in my year: Jennie and Hayi. Jennie Kim, my best friend. Jennie has been my best friend since first year. We met in our first year on the train. She was a blabber mouth then and she is definitely a blabber mouth now but I love her anyways. Then we have Lee Hayi. Hayi has been a close friend since I was born. Our families are neighbors and we grew up with each other. She’s a little quiet but she is not shy by any means. She just needs a push sometimes. Unfortunately both of them ended up in different houses from me. Jennie in Slytherin and Hayi in Ravenclaw. At least I have friends in each house!

Next we have our eldest, Kim Jisoo. Jisoo is a Ravenclaw in her 7th year, a year older than Jennie, Hayi, and I. Jisoo was also a friend of my older sister, Minzy, when she went here. Jisoo is our mom friend essentially. She takes care of us because apparently we’re her “small naive little children”, whatever that means.

And then we have our babies: Rosé and Lisa. I adopted the two in their first year when they were wee little babies. They were so adorable, both stuck on the moving staircase. Roseanne Park, my shy Hufflepuff baby, and Lalisa Manoban, my no-filter-needed Gryffindor monster. They are the apple of my eye, or are they apples of my eye? Eyes? I don't know but they are very precious to me.

That’s my girl group right there. Funny how we’re all friends despite the different houses but I guess soulmates are just supposed to be together.

“So-hee? Are you okay?” Jisoo questions as I don’t respond to any of their hellos.

“I’m gonna die!” I exclaim. Yeah I’m being a bit over dramatic but I’m pretty sure I have Kim Hanbin and his stupid gang (even though I did nothing to them) on my back now. Hayi rolls her eyes before speaking up.

“You’re not going to die.” She reaches for an apple in the middle of the table. “Just explain what happened. You look like you’ve seen a boggart or something.”

“Kim Hanbin is going to kill me!” Another exclamation from me. I am genuinely worried for my safety. What if he hexes me in the hall?

Jennie pipes up from across the table. “Why exactly will he be killing you?” Here comes my terrible, extremely biased view of what happened.

“I bumped into him while leaving transfiguration and he talked to me like an ! I was going to apologize but he was so rude to me,” I reach for my goblet to quickly take a sip of water. “He told me to apologize…” I trail off while looking down at my goblet.

“And?” Jennie presses.

“I, um, kinda told him that I’msorryhe’sacockyidiot.” I rush out wincing as I repeat what I said to him. “And I kind of also pushed him out of my way.” My story receives mixed reactions. Hayi and Lisa giggle at my misery while Jisoo and Rosé look at me horrified. Jennie slams her palm against her forehead. Oh this was not good. “Guys!” I whine at them. “What if he kills me?”

“I hate to say it,” Jennie huffs as I start to look elsewhere. “Can you please look at me when I’m talking to you?”

“I am looking at you.”

“No you’re not! You know what, nevermind that.” She was not having it with me. “You’re so ed right now.” Yeah I know that but I quickly realize that she’s talking about something else. I see Lisa’s, Jisoo’s, and Jennie’s gazes flick behind me towards the doors. I hesitantly turn my head towards the door.

I regret my entire life right now. There he was, Kim Hanbin in all his bad boy glory. I see him look up and down the Hufflepuff table before turning to the Gryffindor table. He’s definitely looking for me. Oh god, I’m too young to die early. I quickly turn back to look at the table, all the girls looking at me with panic. I wish the world would just swallow me up and drop me into my dorm room please.

“Please make sure he doesn’t come here.” I whimper in embarrassment.

“Uh too late.” Lisa squeaks out. In a panic, I turn my head to see the devil making his way over to me. I try to get up, only to be pulled down by Hanbin who slides into the seat next to me.

“Hey Princess!” Hanbin speaks to me casually. What is he trying to play at? And why does he keep calling me that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: Hello! This is my first fanfic of anykind! Please be kind and I hope you enjoy!

!! I DO NOT OWN HP OR ANY HP IDEAS !!