Final

Adore You

It was a Friday evening and the group of friends had decided to meet at the Rainbow Paradise, their favourite cafe. Jimin was at the verge of breaking down when he saw Jungkook enter a little late, as usual. He looked so handsome with his starry big eyes, chiselled jawline and long hair. It’s been 3 years now that Jimin had a crush on the younger man and he didn’t know what to do with himself at this point. Of course, Jimin had tried dating other guys to forget Jungkook because it’s a bit weird to have a big fat crush on one of your best friends – it’s like having a crush on Yoongi, that would be super weird. Unfortunately for him, every time he had a date with other guys, Jimin would unconsciously compare them to Jungkook. For Jimin, Jungkook was absolutely perfect. Starting from his personality: he was kind, funny, hard-working, passionate, patient. Like everyone he sometimes lost his cool but Jimin could understand it, he was the same anyway. Jimin also liked Jungkook’s features, how could he not? His big and full of stars eyes, his cute nose, his red lips (he swears that one day he smelled strawberry lipstick on his lips), his cute little moles over his face, his silky hair (he liked them more after they’d gotten longer) and his muscles. God, if Jimin said he didn’t like how muscular Jungkook was, he’d be lying. His biceps, his pecs, his abs, his thighs. Jungkook could carry him with only one arm! Anyway, Jimin loved Jungkook a lot and even if he knew that Jungkook didn’t like girls, he wasn’t sure that he felt the same. But even so, he decided to just confess.

“Jungkook-ah!” Seokjin shouted, waving his hand and waking Jimin out of his thoughts.

Jungkook quickly came to their table and sat down next to Taehyung, facing Jimin.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Jungkook apologised, making eye-contact with Jimin. “Hi, Jiminie hyung.”

“Hi Jungkookie.” Jimin replied, smiling.

“You’re always late Kook, stop saying sorry every single time. We’re used to it by now.” Said Yoongi in fake annoyance.

“Anyway, why are we gathered here?” Jungkook asked.

“We wanted to celebrate the end of exams so here we are.” Namjoon answered.

“But mine aren’t finished yet.” Jimin said.

“Really? Why?” Jungkook asked.

“Mr Choi was sick the day of the exam so he postponed it to Monday.” Jimin explained.

“It’s okay we can still just drink and eat some stuffs here.” Jin said.

“That’s fine by me.” Taehyung said and everyone nodded.

They spent the whole afternoon in the cafe, drinking and eating while joking with each other, being the loudest of the tables.

Jimin was laughing out loud to Hoseok’s and Jin’s jokes, his eyes forming cute crescents and his laugh making that adorable squeaky sound Jungkook loved so much. Jungkook still clearly remembered the day they met in kindergarten. Jungkook didn’t wanna go to school and Jimin was this very excited child who ran to the new teacher, forgetting to kiss his mother goodbye. As 3-years old Jimin ran back to the teacher after kissing his mother, he saw 3-years old Jungkook on the verge of crying, not wanting to leave his mother’s side. He walked to him, smiled at him before taking his hand and dragging him to the classroom, telling him that everything would be fine. Since then, they became best friends. Jungkook doesn’t know when it all started but someday he found himself daydreaming about how it would be to have Jimin as his boyfriend. He started to notice every little thing about Jimin, every single thing that made him like him even more and, finally, made him fall in love with his friend. He wasn’t too scared to admit his feelings at first but when it occurred to him that Jimin might not feel the same, he got scared and tried not to be too obvious about it. He still daydreamed about it but now it wasn’t happy daydreams anymore. Jungkook compared himself to Jimin’s boyfriends or ex-boyfriends, every time feeling like he wasn’t enough, feeling like he could never be good enough for Jimin to like him as something more than his best friend. Looking at him as he was laughing hurt Jungkook in the sweetest and most cruel way. He loved seeing Jimin happy but knowing that he wasn’t part of his happiness hurt like hell.

 

Time skip to Monday after Jimin’s last exam

Jimin had sworn to himself to confess to Jungkook on Friday but the latter looked a bit tired that night so he decided to do it on Monday instead. They had agreed to go to Jungkook’s after Jimin’s exam to celebrate the summer break just by themselves. It was a yearly tradition they couldn’t skip.

Jimin was walking out of the building when he spotted Jungkook waiting for him in front of his car.

“Jungkook-ah!” he exclaimed, trotting to his friend.

“Jiminie! How did it go?”

“I think it went well. We saw everything in class, it was too simple to be honest, it made me a bit nervous.” Jimin confessed, giggling.

“Shall we go?” Jungkook asked, opening the car door for Jimin.

Jimin laughed and sat in the car, waiting for Jungkook to get in too and start driving. Jimin loved looking at Jungkook driving, he was just sooo handsome. He was a bit disappointed that he didn’t roll his sleeves up since he was wearing a t-shirt but since he could still see clearly his tattoos, he wasn’t about to complain.

“But where are we going Kookie? You’re just ten minutes away from campus.”

“I wanted to go somewhere else this year. I thought of our special spot.” Jungkook stated, blushing a bit.

“Isn’t that a bit too far from your apartment? I do wanna go there since it’s been a while, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t want you to tire yourself.” Jimin stated, smiling softly at Jungkook.

“It’s okay, don’t worry. But we can go elsewhere if you–”

“Let’s go Kook. Stop overthinking it and drive us there already.” Jimin cut him, laughing.

 

Their special spot was at Namsan. Instead of going all the way up to the tower, they just went into the woods at the bottom of the hill until they found a little clearing away from prying eyes where they’d sit on the grass, eating or just talking for hours. When they found it for the first time they had gotten lost while playing hide and seek with their friends a few years ago (they were in high school). They never told it to anybody, keeping it for themselves only.

“Here, let me spread this so we can sit down.” Jungkook said and immediately spread the red blanket he had in his hand on the grass. He sat down and gestured to Jimin to sit next to him.

“Thanks. That’s better than directly sitting on the grass.” Jimin said, smiling.”

“Let’s lie down.” Jungkook said, lying down, his left arm under his head.

Jimin did the same, putting his right arm under his head. He sighed deeply and giggled.

“It’s been a while since I last looked at the sky. I’m a bit sad there’s no cloud, you know how much I love trying to guess what they look like.”

“I know.” Jungkook murmured. That’s it. That’s the moment. You can do it Jungkook! Confess! “In fact, there’s a reason why I brought you here this year.”

“What is it?” Jimin asked, turning his head to look at Jungkook for a second.

“I wanted us to be alone because there’s something I wanna tell you.” Jungkook grabbed Jimin’s left hand that was lying on the blanket. “I don’t really know how to begin but I’d like you to listen until I’m done.” He inhaled deeply and squeezed Jimin’s hand lightly. “You’re my best friend, Jimin-ah. We grew up together. You know everything about me and I know everything about you – at least I think so. You’re very important to me and I can’t picture a life without you in it. You’re an integral part of my life, even if you don’t realise it. You’re always here when I need you and even when I don’t tell you what’s wrong, you still manage to make me feel better. I used to think of you as a brother when we were younger but as we grew up and slowly found out who we were, my feelings changed. I can’t tell you when or why they changed but the brotherly warmth I used to feel when I was with you became a little flame which grew over the years to become love. I don’t expect you to say you love me back or anything. Just know that I love you as a man and that nothing will ever change that. Loving you will be the only thing I’ll ever do from now on.”

When Jungkook was done, a little silence took place until Jimin let go of Jungkook’s hand and sat up, looking furiously at the taller.

“I can’t believe this!” he exclaimed, annoyed. “I’ve been preparing myself since Friday and you still managed to confess before me, that’s so unfair!”

Jungkook sat up too, confused.

“Wh-what?” he asked.

“I was going to confess that I love you! I love you so much that I don’t know what to do with myself anymore but you had to beat me to it and now all I can say is ‘I love you too’! I hate you Jeon Jungkook!” Jimin exclaimed, hitting Jungkook’s chest.

Jungkook looked silently at a pouting Jimin before bursting into laughter.

“Oh my gosh, Jiminie, you’re going to be the death of me!” Jungkook said, doubling over. “You’re so adorable! Let me kiss you.” He said, leaning over but Jimin stopped him.

“No! You stole my confession so I’ll be the one kissing you!” he said, making Jungkook lie back down before kissing him.

Just like Jimin had imagined, Jungkook’s lips were soft and had that strawberry taste to them. When he slipped his tongue between his lips, he didn’t even have to fight for dominance, Jungkook knew exactly who was in charge. Jimin let his hand slip under Jungkook’s shirt as the taller’s hand went to his hair. They made out for what felt like hours until they had to part for air. Jimin had his head on the taller’s chest as his hand was caressing Jungkook’s waist. Jungkook kissed Jimin’s top of head, caressing his hair.

“Be my boyfriend?” he suddenly asked, making Jimin scoff.

“No, you be my boyfriend.” Jimin said, kissing Jungkook once more.