I want to be with you

Memoir To My Melody

 

The night continue as everybody gather around the campfire, barbecuing and grilling on the fires. Kahi sat across the fire from Nichkhun, Ghun and Kyu Jong have been offering their plate to her but she ignore them and glances at Nichkhun once in a while. Nichkhun keep looking at her but try not to get caught by other. After dinner was over, everybody had a cup of warm hot chocolate in their hands and wrap a blanket around them. 
 
“Let make a confession. Each and everyone of us say one confession.” Say Jung Ah. 
 
“And why you made that confession too.” Say Changmin. 
 
“I’ll start first.” Say Jung Ah, “I had fail two exam during my high school years.” 
 
“Why?” the girls ask. 
 
“It’s because I’ve been clubbing almost every nights.” Jung Ah laughs as she speak. 
 
“Miss, I didn’t know you were that cool.” Say Jiyeon. 
 
“Wow, I thought all teacher stay at home and study or read.” Say Kyu Jong. 
 
“Not all teacher are like that.” Say Jung Ah. 
 
“Well, for me. I had my first kiss during my second years in high school.” Qri say. “It because the kiss happen at a dance.”
 
Nichkhun and Kahi glance at each other and then look away. 
 
“What about you Nichkhun? Any confession?” Changmin ask. 
 
Everybody all look at him, waiting for him to speak. Nichkhun look at Kahi, and hesitate for a little, and then shake his head ‘no’. 
 
“Come on, you must have something to confess. Any first love, first kiss? Any?” Changmin ask. 
 
Nichkhun shake his head ‘no’ all of his guest. 
 
“It’s no point asking him, he doesn’t talk.” Say Jiyeon. 
 
“He does.” Victoria say. “Only when he feels like it.” She say defensively.
 
“okay…lets continue.” Say Jung Ah. 
 
The night continue as they all make a confession one at a time except Nichkhun and Kahi. By the time the clock reach midnight, everybody head back into the cabin and into their room. A just a short moment, everybody is already a sleep. Nichkhun is the only who is not a sleep, he decided to go out into the backyard. He sees Kahi seating on the swing chair looking at the moon. Kahi see a shadow and look to the side. She became nervous and wanting to avoid him, but he went to next to her before she can get up. 
 
 “Why didn’t you go to sleep?” Nichkhun ask. 
 
“I wasn’t sleepy.” Kahi nervously say. 
 
Nichkhun notice her tone, “Why do you sound different? Are you okay?” he ask worriedly as he walks up to her. 
 
“Don’t come close. I’m fine. This is how I sound.” Kahi nervously say.
 
“Is it because of earlier by the river?” Nichkhun ask as he look at her. 
 
“Anniyo, it—its not that.” Kahi lied shakily. 
 
“Okay.” Nichkhun say as he make a believe face. 
 
“I’m tire now, I’m—I’m going to go to sleep.” Say Kahi nervously.
 
She got up and quickly walks back into the cabin before Nichkhun can say anything. The next morning, everybody went hiking up in the mountain, Nichkhun stay behind Kahi while everybody hike ahead. The mountain were full of pebbles and small rock, making it slippery for some student. Changmin help Jung Ah hike, other students pair up, while Victoria, who is a head of Kahi, hike alone, and so is Nichkhun, and Kahi. They almost reach the top, suddenly Kahi slip backward. Nichkhun quickly wrap his arm around her waist and hold her against his chest. Kahi was a little scare but did not scream. Victoria turn around to look at Nichkhun, but only to see him holding Kahi in his arm. She look away hurtfully. 
 
“Are you okay?” Nichkhun ask concernly. 
 
“I’m fine, thanks…” Kahi step away from him. 
 
The two stand near the top of the mountain for a little before getting back on track. Everybody continue to hike, the sky slowly become dark. 
 
“It look like it going to rain.” Say Qri. 
 
“Everybody find something to cover yourself. Find a tree.” Professor Changmin say. 
 
The sky starts to rain, some use their backpack, others to their jacket. Nichkhun use his Nepa jacket to cover himself, he sees Kahi using her hand to cover herself, he quickly run to her and cover her with his Nepa jacket. Victoria notice how he care for Kahi so much, it make her jealous of Kahi special treatment from Nichkhun. Kahi was a little surprise, he pull her to a tree, everybody else did the same thing. They all wait for the rain to stop under the trees before they continue to hike. Kahi distance herself from Nichkhun, he looks at her, seeing the rain pouring on her, he pull her back closer to him. 
 
“Stay still.” Nichkhun say. 
 
“I can cover myself.” Say Kahi nervously. 
 
“You’re wet. The rain is heavy.” Say Nichkhun as he hold his jacket over her. “Don’t move.”
 
Kahi listen to him and stay close to him. Under the rain, standing next to her, he feel his heart calm and at peace as they look at the raindrops. Students talks as they wait for the rain to subside, Kahi heart kept beating fast as she stand next him. All kind of crazy thought went through her mind, Nichkhun seeing her shiver, he move his body closer to her and wrap one arm around her as he hold his jacket with the other hand and using his head. Kahi can hear his heart beat, the rhythm that become a melody to her ear as they stay close to each other under the tree. Victoria look over at Nichkhun again, and sees how close they are together, she was jealous and angry at Kahi. She tries to ignore it and look away but her eyes kept looking at Nichkhun direction. The rains finally subside a little, everybody head back to the camp. A couple hours, everybody went into the bus and head back to Seoul. For the next couple days, Nichkhun head back to work, and went to school for two day. After class Nichkhun tries to talk with Kahi but she left the room early before he can get near her. The next day he pretend he need help but she ignore him. At the end of class, he quickly went up to her and grab her back from leaving class.
 
“I want to talk to you.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“I have to go somewhere.” Kahi lied. “I have a meeting to attend.”
 
“You’re lying. I just want to have a word with you.” Nichkhun say. 
 
“I seriously have to go.” Say Kahi as she put papers/files into her handbag. 
 
“Didn’t you say if I needed somebody to talk to, you would be the one.” He say. 
 
“But not today.” Say Kahi nervously. 
 
“I’ve been wanting to talk to you this pass couple days.” Say Nichkhun, “but you kept avoiding me……”
 
“I’m sorry.” Say Kahi as she quickly left the room. 
 
Kahi continue to avoid Nichkhun for the next couple days, Nichkhun decided not to go to school for the next three days knowing that Kahi will continue to avoid him. 
 
The first day of not seeing him in class made her wonder about him, the second day he didn’t show up, she start to feel worried and guilty for avoiding him. The third day, he wasn’t in class, she concernly thinks about him. 
 
“Have anybody seen Nichkhun lately outside of school?” Kahi ask as she tries to act normal. 
 
The students shake their head ‘no’. 
 
“Wait, I saw him two days ago at Gangnam Club.” Jiyeon say. 
 
Kahi nodded, and the class continue. At night Kahi went to the club to look for Nichkhun. It was dark and loud music, every body in the club were dancing, she had a hard time seeing and going through the club. She looks from corner to another, a couple guys whistles at Kahi as she walk pass them. She became frighten by the guys and tries to avoid them. Kahi continue to look for Nichkhun in the club until a man came up to her and grab her wrist. 
 
“Come dance with me.” Say the man as he grab onto her wrist. 
 
Kahi trying to withdraw her wrist back, “Sorry, I’m here to look for somebody.” She say frightenly. 
 
“Just one dance.” The man insist. “Ignore whoever your looking for and dance with me.” He say as he drag her to the dance floor. 
 
“Sorry, I have to go.” Say Kahi as she struggle to walk away from him. 
 
“Then a kiss before you go.” The man erted smirk as he move closer to her. 
 
“Let go of me.” Kahi say frightenly as she try to move back. “Somebody help me.” She shout.
 
The man continue to move closer to her. Suddenly somebody pull the erted man back. 
 
“She’s not with you.” Nichkhun angrily say. He punch the man away from Kahi and grab her hand, and walk out of the club. 
 
Outside of the club and a small valley, Nichkhun stop and look at her coldly, they stay silent for a couple second before he start talking. 
 
“What are you doing here? Why are you here?” Nichkhun angrily say loudly. “Why didn’t call for help? Or at least put my effort to get away from him!”
 
“Why are you always angry at me?” Kahi burst out shouting. “You think I don’t want to call for help, the music is too loud. And now out here you yell at me.”
 
“It’s because every time I see you, it always end up being you in danger.” Say Nichkhun. “Especially early when that man was about to kiss you. You shouldn’t be here at all.” He say loudly. 
 
“I came for you. I wanted to see you.” Kahi shout in tears. “I don’t why, but since I met you. I could not live my peaceful life anymore. I’m always worries about you, always thinking about you. I really wish I wasn’t like this.” Kahi shout in tear as she look into his eyes. 
 
Kahi walk away in tears, not wanting him to see her in tears. She hardly cries, but since she met him and have gotten closer to him she could not stop herself from crying in front of him. Nichkhun were shock by he words, he sees her walk away, he quickly went after her and grab her back. He pull her into his arms, and kiss her lips. Kahi struggle a little at first before she kiss him back. Nichkhun deepen their passionate and hot kiss as he roam his hand all over her back. A couple minute later, Nichkhun break away, both breaths heavily. 
 
“I’m sorry, I don’t know how to express myself to you.” Say Nichkhun. “I don’t why but every time I’m with you, I feel my heart calm…..I just don’t want you to be in danger.” Nichkhun grab her hand and place it at his heart. “I feel happy being with you….I want to be with you.”
 
Too be continue…………….
 
Please comment and Thank You