Prologue

THE OLYMPUS ACADEMY

Seo Soojin

[Background song slowly fade in - The Night We Met by Lord Huron]

It was the night that every high school students always been waiting for. The night you can dress to impress every single soul who attend, the night you want to be the center of attention. A night where you will finally want to be noticed by this special person the most. Waiting for right person to ask you for a dance to a mellow romantic song and ended up sharing the first kiss on that very night. It will be a beautiful night to be remembered.

What could possibly go wrong during prom night? Everything you have been wanting to do, either a confession or make up with someone you broke up with, only with a single look at her wearing the perfect dress – you’ll fall again.

…And there she is, a straight blonde hair girl, fair skin with light pink blush cheeks, red lipstick perfectly brushed over her plump lips, a little brown shadow drawn over her eyes that matched with her light peach dress and a pair of bling crystal Cinderella shoes. Everyone slowly began to turn their heads towards her as she was the only girl shone the brightest in the hall. She does not seems to notice how she was already the center of attention. She was just standing there, looking for the only person she wanted to impress the most until she heard a calling of her name from behind. A voice she has been wanting to hear is calling her name.

[Background song fading…]

A smile finally drawn to her face before she turned around and she found there was no one around, rather, it was just an empty hall.

She was in disbelieved and shock when she realized how fast everything has changed – she still wearing the same dress but her feet were bare. Her breath gradually became heavy as she was still in shock and confused with the situation. She tried to calm herself, keeping her sanity as she was looking for a door to get out. She ran towards but she cannot seems to reach the door, it keeps on going further away. She is already on the brink of tears, her body started to shivers as her legs are giving up from running. She felt something running from her arms to her hands and when she look down to her palms, it was blood – a lot of blood continued to slowly flow from the top of her head and instantly cover her whole. She could not do anything but to scream her lung out and tried to run again towards the door.

As the door slightly opened itself, she saw the light and she gain more strength to run faster to reach out. She burst in tears while the fear inside her escalated – it was suffocating. When she finally get a grasp of the door and opened it, her eyes were shone by a bright light and she began to hear a voice coming towards her. Calling her name non-stop and it was getting louder and even nearer before a hand grabbed her wrists tightly.