He didn't sing. He didn't rap. So what? (One Shot)

He didn't sing. He didn't rap. So what?

 

Dear, readers. If you like it, please subsribe. Thx...

Editing for giving you best reading..

 

 

--

Today, early in the morning, Infinite held up together for preparation of their new single, Christmast theme song titled White Confession or Lately. Producer told them about song’s detail and composition. First, they listened carefully to the full song. Every member found it really amusing and joyful. Represented the moment itself. After break, producer asked each member to sing this song fully, then with his sharp instinct, he could decide which lyric is suitable for every member.

 

From the beginning, everything was predictable for Sungyeol. Sungkyu, Woohyun, and L would sing almost every part of the song. Dongwoo and Hoya would take apart on rap verse. And then, supraisingly, sweet yet soft voice of Sungjong would sing the opening lyric, about two line and also another part after second refrain. It’s unusual. Sungjong repeated his good outcome from Be Mine promotion, where he sang his part perfectly without fail on every live performance. Naturally, since Infinite’s first single, Sungyeol and Sungjong were shared same fate. The invisible member of Infinite studio version. Only sang a very small part or not at all, so you couldn’t tell their voice unless you saw them live. But this time, Sungjong’s fate was changed once again, left Sungyeol with his bad luck. Alone.

 

Maybe not?

 

Sungyeol’s smile still hanged widely on his face. His paper on his hand and his part was highlight in pink. A part after first refrain, one simple sentence that doesn’t even bother him. It wasn’t really hard to sing. Ah, he also said ‘Merry Christmast’ message right before ending rap of duo Dongwoo and Hoya. His part was very predictable. Full score for him. His prediction never loosen him.

 

Recording session would begin at twelve. Everyone were in silent mode. Focused to memorize their own part in four hours from now. Dongwoo and Hoya had just moved to another room cause their rapping would confuse someone else’s mind. Sungkyu and Woohyun sat to each other. The refrain was their part and they tried to harmonize their voice. Infinite melody’s back bone. Sungjong walked back and fourth, holding his paper as he murmured by himself. Maybe he was nervous because for the maknae, it is the first time he took the first line. L moved to Sungyeol side because Sungjong kept bothering him.

 

Sungyeol busied himself over his I-Phone, playing some game or taking selca, of course then secretly took member picture too. Wrinkled Sungkyu with his over dosage seriousness, yawning princess Woohyun, and timid Sungjong. L caught his action, took Sungyeol’s cellphone and deleted all of his silly expression photo.

 

Thirty minutes later, Sungyeol’s boredom got bigger. He failed to kill his time and disturbed by his own calmness. Everyone’s still having hard time with their part and yet, he could memorize the song lyric, include Dongwoo and Hoya’s part. He could just record his first and then go home earlier, but he didn’t try to annoy the other with his selfishness because right now, everyone tries their very best.

 

“Yeolreobeun!” Sungyeol stood up from his chair, next to L who didn’t say anything, just huming in silent. His concentration made his little eye’s getting bigger. “I’ll go to convenient store. Want me to grab something for you?” asked Sungyeol to the member.

 

“Great idea! Give me cool ginger ale” said Sungkyu as he handed over 10 won to Sungyeol. “You can get the rest to buy something for the member. Some chips or...”

 

“Hyung, give me another 10 won...” Sungyeol bargained.

 

“Andwe! Buy the cheapest one. Don’t try to cheat! Show me the bill later...” Sungyeol sighed as he accepting Sungkyu’s order. As leader, Sungkyu could be very conservative and annoying when it comes to money. In the end, no one could win against him and his strong head. Or maybe no one would like to.

 

“Buy me green tea. Also some red sweet bun” Woohyun requested. His diet worked perfectly. He gained his normal weight back in two weeks. His nutritionist said, he only had healty food for his meal as well for snack, means less sugar, no fat, and no preservation. “Lend me you’re money this time and I’ll double it up next time” he smiled for his dongsaeng’s easily agreement.

 

“Myungsoo... you’re said you want peppermint gum before...”

 

“Oh, mwajo...” Myungsoo swinged his face to Sungyeol. “Not peppermint gum, hyung. I want the strawberry one. Count that to your debt on me, please...”

 

“Aish, araso! Sungjong-ie, do you want something? Banana milk? Or... banana lolli?”

 

“Hyung, stop making fun of me! I’m nineteen...”

 

“OH, NO!!! You’ll hurt your image...” Sungyeol escaped himself as Sungjong throwed sofa couch over him. “Yah! How dare you...”

 

“Hyung, you owed 50 won last time, remember? I want banana ice cream...”

 

Sungyeol smirked on very-Sungjong’s taste. Before he left, Sungyeol also came up stairs to ask what the rappers want. Dongwoo would like to have some ice coffee, as well for Hoya but with no cream. Holding everyone’s list on his cell phone, Sungyeol was head to convenient store. Bought everything and then called to prank Sungjong, lie about sold out banana ice cream and success for making him change his order to banana milk.

 

For Hoya, he’s almost forgot about the cream and begged for another glass with his agyeo move. Some random girl band’s dance. Noona waiter who loved Sungyeol to the very bone, accepted his offer freely. His action rapidly drew attention of convenient customer and also some passager. School girls became histeric when Sungyeol, showed his coreo in Before The Dawn. Standing up with hand-knee push. His solo performance took him several minutes, before Sungkyu called him.

 

Why does it take so long to go to convenient store that just several steps next to the recording studio?

 

“Kamsahamnida!!!” yelled Sungyeol as he ran away from the crowd, bringing all of the member’s request. Sungyeol stepped up the stairs carefully. It was difficult because his two hand held two cups of ice coffee and the rest hang down on his two elbow. Not mention two entertainment magazines that he bought to get his boredom away, placed under his armpit. He tried to go back as soon as possible.

 

Everyone tried his best, so did him, even if for him it was little bit different. Something that Sungyeol kept in his heart, mind, and soul.

 

“It was teamwork indeed...” said Sungkyu as Sungyeol recalled.

 

Team work.

 

It was during promotion time of Infinite’s second single, Nothing’s Over. After their live performance, Sungyeol came to Sungkyu with this annoyance. Why he didn’t have any singing part? Again and again. Isn’t he also member of Infinite, singer group with boy band formula? How come a singer didn’t take part in his own song?

 

“You did... “ Sungkyu answered Sungyeol at ease, remembering that Sungyeol was took part in refrain.

 

“No, hyung. I didn’t really singing!” Sungyeol sighed. “I were never actually sang...” he told Sungkyu the truth even if his leader was known about it. In Infinite’s debut single Comeback (Dorawa, dorawa), he had a very small part and it wasn’t really big deal for Infinite if he absent in one performance. Except for the choreography. If you bought their released CD’s, you would find Sungyeol’s voice is barely hard to hear. Guess it once and you’d be hesitate for the second guess. The owner said so.

 

Compared to Sungkyu, Woohyun, and L, their voice were Infinite’s soul. Infinite’s character, just like Dongwoo and Hoya with their charismatic rap style. Sungyeol started questioning his existance in Infinite. Led him to this depression, does he really have any contribution for Infinite? Is he even needed to be there in first place? Infinite would be still Infinite with just six member, right? Does he even worth?

 

“Ani!” laughed Sungkyu to Sungyeol’s non-sense oppinion, patted his dongsaeng shoulder, giving him little courage. This job reguraly taken by Sungkyu as the leader. He found that hard at first. He took care of six dongsaeng both on job and personal matter. Different person, different personality. Sometime it was so bothersome. Then came this comprehension. It was his responsibility. Not mention that he’s the oldest but as leader, he should prove the other. He’s the leader as he meant to. “Why’d we, Infinite, end up with this seven member?”

 

Sungyeol stared blankly at Sungkyu. “Molla...”

 

The leader laughed. “You know that don’t you?” Sungkyu leaned closer to Sungyeol. “We’re have this thing that nobody has, they’ve choosed us. We’re all the chosen one! There’s million Korean kid who has same dream as ours. Being famous, performing on stage, appearing on TV, touring around the world. When they’re still wondering that, yet we’re here!”

 

“I know how lucky I am. The problem is... I’m a singer but...”

 

“Right. You’re a singer, we’re all a singer. We’re also have vocal, dancing movement, looks, rapping, angyeo so-whatever... but no body is perfect you know. Look at me! I have a good voice, maybe little bit good looking...” Sungkyu smiled at his own word, flattering himself. “But... I couldn’t do it all alone. I couldn’t be here as I am now, without Hoya, L, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Sungjong... and YOU!!! Look what we had. Hoya the dancing machine, L and Woohyun with their good voice, charismatic rapper Dongwoo, maknae Sungjong with his never-die-adorable-cuteness, and... we’re also have the one and only... the choding Sungyeol”

 

“Ne?”

 

“Maybe singing is not your job. That’s mine, Woohyun, and L’s. And maybe rap is not your department either. That’s what Dongwoo and Hoya’s doing. Aegyo? You can participate Sungjong in it” Sungkyu grabbed Sungyeol shoulder. “I know what you’re really good at. The joker of Infinite. You’re responsible for Infinite’s popularity out the stage. That’s where I, Woohyun, L, Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungjong were lacking at. You know, I and the other really have no idea about our show. Remember the first episode of ‘Sesame Player’? You were become a different person and because of your hyper active action, our rating got high. Our member even the producer approved that. Listen, it was like cleaning our dorm. I do the laundry, you clean the garbage, and the other will do the rest job. We’re working together for one goal. Neat and comfortable home living. Basically, it was team work indeed...”

 

Sungkyu’s last sentence summarized all of his long explanation. Sungyeol nodded his head up and down slowly. Understood of what Sungkyu said. Team work meant a lot here. It showed that Infinite wouldn’t be Infinite without Sungkyu, Woohyun, Dongwoo, L, Hoya, Sungjong, or even him. Infinite wouldn’t be Infinite without seven of them. Every member had had their own job.

 

Brought Infinite to the top.

 

Maybe he didn’t sing. Maybe he didn’t rap. So what? It doesn’t bother him anymore. Sungyeol done his job pretty good. The Infinite’s joker is still doing his job very well until now. Fans known him as playful, prankster yet little bit childish member. You can see his action on ‘Sesame Player’ where Sungyeol gained almost all of his popularity. He put vinegar in banana or pranked with hidden camera and Sungyeol even adapted that character into real life.

 

He’s doing it really-really well.

 

See how popular he was at convenient store?

 

He was famous in his own way.

 

“I’m coming~”

 

Everyone, Dongwoo and Hoya already joined the other, looked at him with relief. Sungkyu asked the bill, but then Sungyeol gave Sungkyu, Dongwoo, and Hoya’s money back. Three of them gazed Sungyeol confusely. Sungyeol smiled at them. “It’s my treat. All free everyone...”

 

Sungkyu touched Sungyeol forehead. “You’re not catch cold. Are you okay?”

 

“Hyung...” Sungyeol pouted, acting angry. “Why aren’t you understand my sincerity?”

 

Everyone silenced.

 

“You didn’t put anything to my ice coffee, did you?” Hoya checked his cup in hurry, as well Dongwoo. Sungyeol could be prank them like added some salt or anything he could be think of. No. Sungyeol wasn’t. It’s just a normal ice coffee.

 

“YAH!” Sungyeol convinced the other deperately. “I’m being a good boy now! All of you is working hard, so the rest is mine...”

 

Woohyun wrinkled his forehead.“The rest?” he asked as he tore down his red sweet bun wrap. “What do you mean the rest? Are we say something before?”

 

Woops!

 

Sungyeol covered his smile. He knew what he’d be saying sounds non-sense and maybe the other would laugh at him but... Sungyeol wouldn’t complain if one of now saying he want to eat pizza or anything. He would get it as soon as possible. Sungyeol wouldn’t argue if one of now saying he want to drink cola or anything. He would get it as soon as possible, too. He wouldn’t talk to much. He wouldn’t upset. He wouldn’t angry.

 

He wouldn’t mind. He wouldn’t...

 

As Sungkyu said, it was team work indeed, right?

 

 

 

 

---

Thanks for reading...

My bad english again and again, sorry about that...