Final.

Way Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present: 

The lights are on and the crowds are screaming her name with light sticks and banners in their hands.   

"Do you have someone right now? Everyone's so curious. It trended on every platform," the interviewer asks Park Chaeyoung, also known as Rosé, the singing sweetheart of Korea. 

Rosé smiles. She looks at her fans before answering.   

"No, there is no one." She laughs.   

"Our Rosé is so picky or she's waiting for someone. Am I right, Ms. Park?" the interviewer keeps on pressing.   

She sits properly and finds herself going back to the memory that she holds so dearly in her heart.  

 

Flashback:  

"I'm sorry. This is not the way I wanted us to separate." Young Chaeyoung was crying.  

"Don't be sorry, Chaeyoung-ah. We're still young and there are a lot of things we need to do and learn." The girl with glasses smiled and wiped the tears of the crying girl.   

"But I want us together. I will tell them that I want to stay." 

"Park Chaeyoung! You said you wanted to be a singer, right?" 

"Yes," she murmured.   

"Then go. Make your dream come true." 

"What about us? Are we going to forget each other? No, I can't. I won't." Chaeyoung held onto the girl's jacket and cried more.   

"If our ways are going to intertwine someday and if by that time, we're both ready and mature enough, I will be there. I will take a chance and ask you if I can be part of your life again," the girl hugged the crying girl and promised something. 

"Park Chaeyoung, today we will be a beautiful memory to each other. In the future, if it's really us, we will find our way back to each other no matter what." 

 

Present:  

"Thank you to everyone who took the time to ask me about my love life. I really appreciate how my fans expressed their feelings; that they want to see me happy and dating. But for now, I'm in no position to give them that," Rosé sincerely answers.   

"Are you in the middle of healing after a break up or..." The interviewer is really persistent to get an answer. 

"I'm really single and not in a relationship in the past years. I'm so busy with my career and I don't want to jump from one relationship to another." 

"Thank you, Ms. Park, for the answers but one last question. Are you waiting for someone?" 

She smiles and answers, "Maybe."  

-------------------- 

Rosé is already preparing her mind into thinking about her fluffy bed and her plushies hugging her tightly. Why? It's her last schedule for today and she's ready to lie down on the floor. 

But her happy thoughts of resting stops when she sees her manager's face. 

"What happened Lisa? I'm so tired." 

"Chaeng, you can choose if you want us to go home or go to the hospital," Lisa says, looking at her.   

"Why would I go to the hospital?" 

"Jisoo got into an accident. She's currently staying there." 

"What???" Her mind and senses go haywire at the mention of her sister.   

"What happened to Jisoo?" 

"Your sister was on her way home when a reckless drunk driver hit your sister's car. Thankfully, Jisoo managed to maneuver but she clashed on a wall," Lisa explains while fixing their things.   

"Is she safe now?" 

"Jennie called and she told me that Jisoo is fine. Don't worry too much." 

"Let's go to the hospital now." 

-------------------- 

"Ms. Jisoo Kim? How are you feeling?" 

"I feel weird, Doc. Like I think I'm seeing an angel and she's asking me if I'm okay." 

The doctor keeps looking at the board and smiles and there's an angry cat-eyed girl who breaks the silence in the room.   

"Ehem." The doctor looks to the source of the sound and feels the air get colder.   

"Thank you, Ms. Kim for that but you look more gorgeous than me." The doctor smiles and looks at the patient.  

"You will feel your body ache especially your back and your left arm. We will do some tests to you tomorrow to make sure that there are no serious injuries and internal bleeding." 

The doctor looks at the girl who is seated beside Jisoo and asks, "Miss?" 

"Girlfriend. I'm her girlfriend," the girl answers coldly. 

"Hello Ms. Girlfriend, please buy this and tell your girlfriend to not move too much." 

The doctor and the cat-eyed girl pause when they hear a loud voice outside of the room. 

"Kim Jisoo, what the hell are you doing? Look at you now. Do you wanna die?" A raging chipmunk screams while walking inside the room. The patient smiles and looks at the newcomer. 

"Look Chaeyoungie, I'm fine. I just got bruised." 

"You're so lucky that you only had that. If something more serious happened, I swear Jisoo, I will haunt you and I will be the one to kill you." The blonde girl cries while holding her sister's hand.   

"Chaeyoungie, don't cry. I'm sorry. I won't do that again. Don't cry. I'm safe. I'm here now," Jisoo says, looking at her sister. She knows that Chaeyoung is scared of being alone. That's why she does her best to make time and talk to her.  

"I know it's rude to interrupt you two..." The doctor walks at the other side of the bed. 

"Sorry but I need to check the patient's vitals and temperature. I need to inject some painkillers too." 

Rosé's eyes look like a big plate. She doesn't expect that there's another person in the room. She looks like a mess.  

"Done. See you tomorrow, Ms. Kim," the doctor says while walking towards the door.   

"Unnie, the doctor saw me crying like a mad woman in front of you." 

"You look like a fool." The cat-eyed girl laughs. 

"I hate you so much, Jennie," Chaeyoung spats back. 

"You should follow her and say sorry," Jisoo says. 

"Why me?" 

"Because you're the one who embarrassed herself." 

"Fine." Chaeyoung stands up and walks towards the door. 

She walks along the corridor and finds the short-haired doctor in front of the elevator. She wanted to call her but she forgot to ask her sister the name of her doctor.  

'Great Park Chaeyoung. Way to embarrass yourself more.' 

She runs and screams, "Wait" and the doctor looks at her.   

"Doc, I'm sorry about what happened in the room. This is embarrassing." Rosé looks down.   

"You're still a crybaby, Chaeyoung-ah," the doctor says.   

Rosé's mind goes blank. 

"Chaeyoung-ah..." 

"Chaeyoung-ah..." 

No one calls her that way. That voice.   

She looks up and sees a smiling doctor.   

"Nice to see you again, Park Chaeyoung or should I call you Rosé?" 

Rosé can't believe it. She keeps her eyes on the person in front of her. White coat, blue-stripped polo, black pants and short black hair.  

"Seungwan???" 

The doctor smiles and nods.    

"Son Seungwan???" 

In that moment, they want to stop the time and stay like that. Both standing side by side just like how they said 'goodbye' before. But now, here they are saying 'hello' to each other.  

-------------------- 

The two sits at the cafe across the hospital. They are talking and updating each other with things that happened to them.  

Chaeyoung and Seungwan met in Switzerland 8 years ago. They clicked and the fact that they were both Koreans made them stick to each other. During those times, Seungwan felt that she was falling and she was the type of person who says everything.   

She confessed. Chaeyoung too, had feelings for her. From being strangers to friends and being together. That was what happened to them.   

After Chaeyoung decided to pursue her dreams and went back to Korea, Seungwan went back to Canada and studied medicine. She graduated and now, she's a resident at Seoul Hospital.   

Chaeyoung went through series of hardships but she pushed herself and trained hard to become a singer and now she's here. A singer and Korea's pride.   

"You didn't tell me you were coming back." Rosé looks at the girl in front of her.  

Her chubby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter