Dream

Blue Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They were 14 when they met, one was the future king of Gucheon and the other was his future guard.

Kim Ryeowook, the only child and firstborn of the Gucheon kings. At his young age he was educated at home, teaching him history, geography, economy, etiquette and music, he was recognized by the people as the genius boy, the bold prince. From a young age he understood his position and learned everything that was taught. He was courteous to his parents, kind to his servants, intellectual to his teachers, and capable with his future connections. Prince Ryeowook little by little, and as he grew up, he was gaining the love of its people. However, due to his short presence, he had to be cautious and walk safely. He was intelligent, no one doubted that, but his beauty gave him conflicts, many of them were dangerous deals against his person. Therefore, from a very young age, the kings introduced him to who would be his main help, his guardian, his protector.

"My name is Cho Kyuhyun, it is a pleasure to meet you" said the boy, who was 13 years old at the time. Kyuhyun's family had served the royal family as security guards for 4 generations ago. There was no doubt that the Cho family would not betray them and instead would protect them with their lives. So little Kyuhyun knew why he was there in front of the prince, the famous bold prince.

Time passed, and the two grew together. The king wanted his son to grow up as a normal child despite the responsibilities he would take in the future, so he instructed Kyuhyun to live in the royal palace. Kyuhyun was perspicuous and cheerful, he knew how to behave in front of kings, but outside of his presence, he was a 13-year-old boy too. He ran through the gardens, chased the birds in the rose bushes, and laughed a lot. That joy, the king knew, since he and Kyuhyun's father were friends too, and he wanted his son to have those common attitudes too.

Ryeowook grew up then not with one more servant but with one more friend, both quickly became close as both were of a close age and shared some hobbies. What Ryeowook liked most about Kyuhyun is that he treated him like someone else, not the Prince of Gucheon.

"YAAHH CHO KYUHYUN! What have you done to my shoes?! Where's the other pair?!" The little prince said shouting, he knew that Kyuhyun had done it, he was the only one who made jokes. Today he had breakfast with his parents, he did not always have them because of their varied schedules as royalty, so these days were precious to him. But Kyuhyun decided to save one of his shoes one of these days. Ryeowook ran out of his room and went looking for Kyuhyun barefoot, went through the hallways and entered Kyuhyun's bedroom but couldn't find him there. He left exasperated and crossed to another of the bedrooms, with no view of the other. A maid saw him barefoot and was scared.

"Prince Ryeowook, what are you doing barefoot in the hallways? Go back to your room, please..." stopping the little one.

"Jisook, I can't find Kyuhyun. He has my other shoe. I need it for breakfast" the minor told him.

"There is no time for it Prince Ryeowook, find another pair and put them on, the kings are waiting for you in the garden" replied the maid, leading Ryeowook to his room.

The minor retorted inwardly, Kyuhyun knew his outfit for this day, the prince always asked to have his outfits prepared for him one day before breakfast, as they were important to him. Kyuhyun was finished with today's prank.

Ryeowook changed, went down the stairs of the second floor and went to the door of the west wing where the gardens were, when he was about to cross the doors he could see Kyuhyun holding his shoe in the back hand and with the other opening the door for the prince to come out. Kyuhyun was grinning showing his teeth, with a curious look while Ryeowook just looked at him maliciously. However, he returned to his smile when he saw his parents sitting outside.

That day, Kyuhyun couldn't play his toys, the prince had secretly asked one of the maids to keep Kyuhyun's toys. Kyuhyun couldn't find them and knew the reason.

"YAHHHH KIM RYEOWOOK!"

 

♤♡◇♧

 

Turning 21 years of age, the little prince became an adult before society, the kingdom, and its people. When the prince came of age, the kingdom used to hold a celebration. Kingdoms near and with whom they made deals were invited to present the prince as a future successor. The kingdom was in joy, the servers made preparations for the celebration, security was increased, and guest lists were made. June 21 was not only the prince's birthday, it was also the most annoying day of his life. With the gala, many people attended, kings of Gawongdo, Chugeon, Mado, Pyongseng among many others, accompanied by future royal highnesses, other princes and princesses, all congratulating Ryeowook on his birthday and trying to form strategic alliances. Ryeowook knew it, for something he was the bold prince but he did not believe that the impudence of some princes was shown that day. Some were friendly, others very talkative, others highly believed in their status and others more very cheeky.

"Come on Prince Ryeowook, don't you think you should form an alliance for the future? Despite being a man, your beauty is comparable to of a woman. I would not mind changing the laws of my kingdom to marry you, with what we both win" said the prince of Chugeon credulously.

"And what do I earn Prince Sohyun? I can't find something that benefits me" Ryeowook replied calmly.

"You gain the riches of my kingdom and I gain yours. We know that Gucheon is rich in minerals and diamonds. Chugeon is advanced in technology. We can both create great things, don't you think?" while trying to take Ryeowook's hand but Kyuhyun stopped him. Being Ryeowook's guard, he did not allow anyone to touch him, not without his permission.

"Sorry Prince Sohyun, but my kingdom does not deliberately seek to exploit its wealth. Not like they do in Chugeon" Prince Ryeowook replied with a bit of displeasure, turning to walk the other way, followed by Kyuhyun.

"My prince, you have responded in a good way towards prince Sohyun but don't say it in that tone" Kyuhyun whispered behind him. Ryeowook grimaced slightly and sighed.

"I don't like haughty people Kyuhyun, and you know it"

"I know my prince, I also don't like that he wanted to touch him, but be careful, the king asked him to take care of appearances"

"You have to make things clear with that kind of people, Kyuhyun. Also, I don't think Prince Sohyun claims anything when you can see he's always complaining to his parents, he's a kid"

Kyuhyun just chuckled to himself and continued to walk behind the prince. The night was long and the talk was too. Ryeowook was tired, physically and mentally. Sohyun was not the only arrogant prince who wanted to propose future relationships, there were several and Ryeowook was fed up. He politely rejected them all, some with certain truths, others with remorse, but it caused no trouble. He promised his father that he would make a good first impression.

Exhausted, Ryeowook entered his room and took a long bath. The maids had already prepared his evening outfit so he could rest. His room was spacious, it had several separations that included a small library, his closet, a study room and a bathroom with a tub. Accompanied by a large window that allowed him to see the garden of the west wing. However, Ryeowook only used three places frequently: his bed, his library, and the large window.

Once outside the bathroom, he went to his library and sat in one of the long armchairs there, took the book that was on the table on one side and began to read. At least the reading would relax him from the stress of today.

Kyuhyun entered the room and went to the library, he knew the prince very well.

"My prince, are you still tired?" his guard asked with a smile.

"Don't even remind me" Ryeowook said, crossing his legs and turning the page. "My head hurts just from remembering those idiots".

Kyuhyun laughed and sat next to him "My prince, you can't say those words" with slight laughter.

"Kyuhyun, stop calling me like that when we're alone. You're not a guard anymore now" the prince mentioned, closing his book and looking at Kyuhyun.

"Ryeowook... are you really okay? A lot happened today, wasn't it?" taking Ryeowook's hand and giving him small caresses. Ryeowook smiled. Kyuhyun was no longer the Kyuhyun of before, he was no longer the mischievous and playful boy of before, the one who from time to time, the 20-year-old Kyuhyun had changed and just like him, they began to take their positions more seriously. However, Kyuhyun was still his friend and cared for him. He showed affection when he needed it, scolded him when necessary, and even played a few times. Kyuhyun was still his best friend. That's what he was thinking.

"I'm fine now, thanks to you. Don't worry" he replied and Kyuhyun's hands with his other hand. "Can you stay until I fall asleep?" he asked a little embarrassed, lowering his gaze.

"Of course" Kyuhyun replied with a smile, his hand once more.

That night, Kyuhyun ended up sleeping on the couch in front of the prince's bed, first waiting for him to fall asleep and then being too tired to leave.

 

♤♡◇♧

 

Two years later, the prince was now 23 years old, had specific duties and tasks to fulfill, he was no longer the little prince and now he had to travel to fulfill deals. This time he was to go to Gawongdo, to visit Prince Heechul. Kyuhyun, of course, accompanied him as his guard followed by twenty more men for his shelter. The horse ride lasted about four hours from his kingdom. But on the way there could be bandits against him. Kyuhyun went to the prince's side while two of his men went in front and the rest followed behind.

"My prince, don't you think this visit will be tedious? I understand that Prince Heechul is a bit... special" Kyuhyun commented with a bit of doubt.

"It may be tedious but Prince Heechul is an honest man, he is only a little different than others" Ryeowook replied.

Heechul and Ryeowook already knew each other from before, both introduced when they were 10 years old, being their close parents. Heechul despite being older than him, was louder than Ryeowook. At first, Ryeowook did not tolerate him, but after several visits to his kingdoms, he understood that Heechul had a haughty personality as a safety measure, he did not want people to believe that he was only an attractive person, he detested those who believed that he only had a beautiful face, when in fact he was very intelligent and a good strategist for business. Ryeowook understood his motives, he was also initially determined by his appearance. Soon, the two became friends and understood each other. Although other people thought that their personalities did not get along at all.

This was the first visit with Kyuhyun and it was the first visit for business purposes and not as companions of his parents. The road to Gawongdo was smooth and they arrived without problems. As he entered the castle, Prince Heechul threw himself into Ryeowook's arms, hugging him.

"My Ryeowook baby, how much I have missed you. Why don't you ever come visit me?" the older one complained.

His movement was so fast that it didn't give Kyuhyun time to react. He did not expect that greeting among princes. He tried to get closer, taking Heechul's shoulder but Ryeowook denied him.

"It’s ok Kyuhyun, Prince Heechul is like this" he said calmly, and giving the other one a light hug.

Heechul released him and turned to see the guard "Well, this person has no manners. How dare he deliberately touch a prince?" Prince Heechul said scornfully. Ryeowook just smiled.

Kyuhyun excused himself and stepped back from the princes with his head down, puzzled.

Heechul smiled inwardly, took Ryeowook's hand and led him into the main hall of his palace. Once seated, Kyuhyun stood in a corner, slightly away from Prince Ryeowook while Heechul's guards circled outside his doors.

"Tell me, my dear Ryeowook, what is the reason for your honorable visit? I am glad to see your face, but I don't think you have just come to greet me" the mayor began, still taking Ryeowook's hand. Kyuhyun did not lose it unnoticed, but just closed one of his fists as a sign of displeasure. It was the first time that Ryeowook had not shown the discomfort of being touched by someone else. Which annoyed Kyuhyun even more.

"Prince Heechul, I have come on a business visit, my father has sent me to enter into an agreement. Gawongdo is ahead in the RD department and Gucheon needs it. Our scientists have found new minerals in the high mountains, but we do not have all the technology. We want Gawongdo to help us, for his part, Gucheon will provide him with the benefits of minerals when required" extending the paper contract with the data he mentioned.

Heechul watched it in detail, reading the contract and then seeing the prince.

"It doesn't sound bad Ryeowook, our scientists have been trained abroad for better performance and we have the resources for researches of that level, but..." he said doubtfully, running a hand on his chin.

"Do you encounter any drawbacks? We can add specific terms that you consider," Ryeowook replied.

"It is nothing like that my dear Ryeowook, the contract and its clauses are fine, very fine actually. My doubts are in how you ask for the contract" Heechul looked.

"What do you mean by that? Did I say something wrong? I apologize if I offended you" Ryeowook replied doubtfully.

"My dear Ryeowook, nothing to apologize for. But I will accept the contract if you ask tenderly" said Heechul with a sideway smile, releasing Ryeowook's hand and looking more serious "Otherwise, the kingdom of Gawongdo will not will accept the contract" Heechul sentenced.

Embarrassed, Ryeowook looked incredulously at the older man, his ears were starting to turn red and he squeezed his hands in protest. Kyuhyun who heard back, approached them annoyingly.

"Prince Heechul, this is out of the contract. You can't demand something like that," Kyuhyun claimed.

"Well, like I said, the kingdom of Gawongdo will not accept it. We don't want to investigate your lands" said Heechul, laying his hands, getting up from his seat and wanting to leave the room.

"No! Please Prince Heechul come back..." Ryeowook said as he got up from his seat and asked Kyuhyun to walk away. Kyuhyun made it still upset.

Heechul returned to the table and approached Ryeowook.

"And well..."

"He-Heechul hyung..." Ryeowook started as he took the major's hands "Can you say yes please?" Ryeowook said with his head down and very embarrassed.

Kyuhyun saw him incredulous, he had never seen Ryeowook behave like this, not even with him alone. That bothered him a lot. Wasn't he supposed to know him completely? Apparently it was not like that and that hurt him. Kyuhyun silently held his anger as he saw Heechul smile and hug Ryeowook again.

"Of course my baby Ryeowook" Heechul smirked.

"I hate you hyung" Ryeowook whispered into the hug.

"I'm just helping you" Heechul whispered in his ear and hugged him further. Ryeowook was too embarrassed, just thinking Kyuhyun saw him do that it was killing him. He had never done that in front of Kyuhyun, and would never have done it except for Heechul's fault.

I hate you, Kim Heechul

 

♤♡♡♧

 

A year passed, the 24-year-old prince was now one of Gucheon's top negotiators. They all knew the prince's abilities and therefore gave him more tasks. Now his life was more tired, he no longer had time to relax or read a book in his room. His life was limited to travel and do business deals. He was tired from so many trips.

One of the few days that he could stay in his kingdom, he was walking in the rose bushes in the garden. The roses represented the kingdom, the kings had asked to put roses in the gardens when the little prince had been born, the roses were a sample of his future life. Endowed with great beauty he would be entangled in bad situations that would hurt him, full of thorns he would have complications, but he would get ahead and flourish like the beautiful red roses.

Ryeowook liked to walk through the gardens, see the rose bushes and admire the fountain that was there. Kyuhyun followed behind without saying anything.

"Kyuhyun, don't you think the roses looks very beautiful today?" asked the prince.

"Yes I do, my prince. Today they look more beautiful and bright" replied the guard. Kyuhyun was no fool, the whole kingdom knew that the roses represented the prince and the kingdom, not for nothing did his royal symbols include a rose on their uniforms. To speak words to the roses was to speak words to the prince.

"I see. Today the roses are in a good mood. They always shine when we are both together" continued the prince, running his hand on the rose bushes.

"Roses always shine when the prince is happy, they are always shining for you" Kyuhyun answered honestly.

Ryeowook smiled at the answer as he kept walking. But beware, a thorn from the rose bushes had hurt him and made his index finger bleed, drawing a groan from him.

"My prince, be more careful" Kyuhyun said as he took his hand and took a handkerchief from his pocket to clean his finger.

"It was nothing serious Kyuhyun. It was just a small accident" Ryeowook replied, looking at his guard. Those little moments when Kyuhyun touched him made his heart happy. Kyuhyun took care of appearances, protected the prince when necessary, but he never got too close to him in those cases, it was not welcomed that a guard touched his royalty. However, when they were in his kingdom or there was no one around him, Kyuhyun would always take his hand, pat his back, or hold his waist as a way of saying he was there with him. Even with his long travels, even with the mistreatment that happened with other kings, Kyuhyun was there with him to support and protect him. So feeling Kyuhyun touch him made him happy.

The prince was intelligent and very kind but did not show much affection. At first glance he seemed cold and stoic, but those who did know him knew that the prince was a young man full of feelings and great love. He was easily moved and smiled frequently. Heechul and Kyuhyun were one of the few to know that.

"My prince, I don't want to see you hurt. It hurts me to see you like this" Kyuhyun said. While looking into his eyes. Kyuhyun was his friend, so seeing the prince's eyes was not scary, on the contrary it brought him joy to be able to express himself by looking directly at Ryeowook.

"Kyuhyun, can we go to my room?" asked the prince ashamed "I want to rest a little"

Kyuhyun smiled and led his highness to his room. He saw Ryeowook sit on his bed with downcast eyes.

"Is something wrong Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun asked doubtfully. As he sat next to the prince.

"It doesn't stop bleeding, Kyuhyun" raising his index finger with a little blood.

"That can be arranged Ryeowook" the guard whispered. Taking the prince's hand and bringing his finger to his mouth, wiping the blood with his saliva.

"Kyu-Kyuhyun... what are you doing?" asked the prince ashamed, his cheeks turning red and his ears too.

Kyuhyun his finger a little more and ran his tongue over the tip of the finger one last time before releasing it. Taking another handkerchief from his pocket to finish cleaning the prince's hand.

"Just clean it up, Ryeowook" he replied with a smile. Once dry, Kyuhyun got out of bed and went looking for medical supplies in the prince's study room. He returned with a band-aid on his hands and put it on the prince's finger.

"That's it. It won't bleed anymore" Kyuhyun said with a smile.

Ryeowook, who was already very red, thanked him for the gesture, but quickly turned his body and lay down on the bed. Covering his face.

What's wrong with you Cho Kyuhyun?

 

♤♡♡♧

 

In the following days, the prince noticed different attitudes from Kyuhyun. The guard got closer to him, stayed in his room longer, called him more by name and not by title, smiled more often and in places he shouldn't have. Kyuhyun was behaving strangely. Even his father had scolded him for not behaving as he should. Kyuhyun just laughed and asked for forgiveness.

One day, Ryeowook was standing at his window, looking at the garden from afar. Kyuhyun entered his room and hugged him from behind. The action initially scared the prince.

"Yah Kyuhyun!, what are you doing?" The prince said with a bit of annoyance but happy of Kyuhyun's touches.

"I thought my prince would jump out of the window" he replied laughing and hugging the prince even more.

"Why do you think that? My life is not so bad to do that" Ryeowook said between small laughs, and caressing Kyuhyun's hands that were on his waist.

"I don't know, my prince. No one knows what you are thinking" Kyuhyun replied, resting his forehead on the shoulders of the shorter one, without releasing him from his grasp.

"I don't have bad thoughts Kyuhyun, not when I'm with you. You bring peace to my life" the prince replied softly with a smile.

"It is good to know that. You know that I will always be there for you, my prince" Kyuhyun said, raising his head and giving him a little kiss on the cheek. In a moment later, he released Ryeowook from his arms.

"Ah! Which reminds me. I enter your room to tell you that the kings are looking for you. They wish to have lunch with you."

"Yah Cho Kyuhyun! It was the first thing you should have said, my parents must be waiting for me" the prince said quickly before leaving his room.

 

♤♡♡♧

 

Ryeowook was now 26 years old, with his abilities he had reached agreements with new kingdoms, with kingdoms that his ancestors could not deal with before. Gucheon grew every day and became a fortress respected by others. But that also implied more dangers for the future king.

His kingdom was known for their wealth of minerals and diamonds, and many coveted their possession. The royal family wore the brightest jewelry as ornaments on their clothing, showing their status. But that did not take away their kind heart before their people. Occasionally they strolled through the streets of their town, greeting everyone. Those customs, Ryeowook learned as a child and were never forgotten. That way, Ryeowook was walking in the center with Kyuhyun behind him following him.

"Prince Ryeowook, good morning. Come in and try our freshly baked breads," said the baker at the store.

"From here you can know that they will be very delicious, the smell is exquisite" Ryeowook replied as he entered the store.

He took a bite of new bread and danced inside him, it was delicious, crisp but soft and the smell, the smell was just magnificent.

"It is very good. Thank you for inviting me" replied the prince calmly "But I must go now, I was going back to the palace" Ryeowook finished and left the store.

"Come back Prince Ryeowook and I will invite you strawberry tarts" the baker shouted happy with the visit.

"I will. Thank you" said Ryeowook. Turning to see him again. However, it was there when the prince was careless that a hooded man snatched the necklace he was wearing. Pulling hard on the necklace, throwing certain stones and the prince on his way without stopping running.

Kyuhyun ran after the man, chasing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter