𝔗𝔴𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱 𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔢𝔰

Next and Past

* Next Life *

 

 It wad a bright morning and the birds chirped around, signalling of a great day ahead.

 

 " Aish, you really can't do anything right, huh?! " 

 

 Well, not for this certain woman. 

 

 " I'm sorry sir. I'm very sorry, " the agitated woman bowed multiple times, her voice croaked as surrender to the thirst she was experiencing. The bald manager sighed then took out some change pocket money and handed them to the petite woman in front of him. " Here, go buy yourself a soda or something from the vending machine, " the bent woman slowly stood straight as her eyes were plastered at the money on the gruffy palm. Slowly, her hands took the money. She bit her lips, trying hard to hold in a huge smile from showing on her small face. 

 

 " Thank you! " she bowed again and this time her gratitude was much passionate than before. Her manager just shook his head and muttered something before he headed back into the mart. " Haih, it's not even much, ". However, in the desperate woman's eyes, a thousand won bill is much more precious than anyone ever thought of. " Taengoo-ah~ " her ears perked up at the sound of someone calling her by her nickname. Of course, it was none other than her bestfriend.

 

 " Oh Jieun-ah, wait a second. I'll get out of my uniform first, "  Taeyeon held up her palm and rushed back inside. The bell rung for a second after Taeyeon pushed the glass door. A man behind the counter just followed the running Taeyeon with his eyes. " Noona, I saw manager gave you some pocket money! Can you lend me that please? " his eyes were still glued at the woman whom was taking off her vest and reached out for her brown jacket hung on the unstable rack. Taeyeon scrunched her face as she bent backward slightly and glared at the younger man in annoyance.

 

 " Yah Lucas, I already know deep in your heart that you're going to use it to buy cigarettes, " she hissed at him. Ever since they started working together, it was awkward at first not until Taeyeon figured out that he had been secretly keeping a stash of cigarettes at the back of the store. Also, she caught him red-handed smoking at the same spot he hid them during his break. That was when she gave him a mouthful of nags and lectures on how the chemicals in it could harm his organ and body. Well, at first it annoyed the heck out of the younger man but he soon caught himself following Taeyeon's advice and slowly try to quit his bad habit.

 

 " Now that's where you got it wrong. I don't feel it whenever I want to smoke but I do think about it. That means, it's not deep in my heart but instead deep in my mind, " Lucas wiggled his eyebrows and flashed a cheeky smile at his noona. Taeyeon whom just finished changing her clothes halted her footstep in front of the counter then took the lollipop beside her. She unwrapped the strawberry flavoured candy then held Lucas' jaw tightly and pulled him closer to her before shoving the lollipop inside his mouth. " Here, pay for the lollipop, " she slammed the money on the counter then smiled teasingly at the frustrated boy. " Bye~ " she gleed before skipping excitedly out of the mart.

 

 " noona! " he ruffled his hair then took out the lollipop in his mouth and pouted. " Thank god it's delicious, " he shoved it back inside his mouth and let out a distressed sigh.

 

 " Yah, you're bullying the poor little boy again? " Jieun asked as she draped her arm around her friend's shoulders. " Bully who? More like he's the one always asking for extra pocket money. Haih, doesn't he notice yet that I'm equally as broke as he is? " Jieun laughed loudly at Taeyeon's statement as the latter just snorted. " Hey, don't make it sound like you're that pitiful. Be grateful that you're living with Jingoo, " she pouted then scrunched her nose out of jealousy and poked Taeyeon's arm harshly. " Tch, that hurts you brat. Well, you think I'm lucky because he's your boyfriend of course, " she just rolled her eyes then chuckled at her friend's adorable antics.

 

 " Today, I'm treating you to Cloud Cafe! " Jieun suddenly shrieked at Taeyeon as she jumped in front of the startled woman. " What's wrong with her? What's with the hype huh? " she muttered the first question but asked the unordinarily excited lady in front of her the second one. Upon the dumb question thrown at her, Jieun sighed and slowly walked towards the speechless girl then put both her hands on Taeyeon's shoulders. " They already released it, " at the emphasis of the word 'it', Taeyeon widened her eyes and both of them shrieked and jumped around before screaming the same sentence.

 

 " Bubblegum Macaron! " 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

 A man in all white, white undershirt, white vest and white trousers, inhaled deeply as he loosened his fingers then slowly made their way to the keys in front of him. The performance hall went dead silence as the audiences were focus during the piano recital. Beautiful melody filled the wide hall as some were humming along silently and some were indulging themselves inside the sound of the piano. A few more minutes passed then the melody of the notes stopped, followed by the burst of applause coming from the crowd below. 

 

 The pianist beamed a smile then bowed before strutted his way to backstage. " Jingoo-ah, you did well! " his teacher patted his back and flashed a warm smile to his student. " Thank you sir, " he bowed deeply, showing his unspoken gratitude towards the wise man in front of him. " Haih, you really grow up huh? From the clumsy boy I knew to a fine man now, " he sighed as a fatherly smile appeared on his face. " Let's go, I'll treat you to dinner, " the old teacher offered excitedly.

 

 " Oh, thank you for the offer sir. However, I have a plan with someone tonight. I'm sorry, " Jingoo bowed apologetically and smiled, excited regarding the plan he have tonight. His statement received a smirk from the old man. " With Jieun-ssi? Hahahaha, " he laughed upon the blush on the younger one's was obvious. " Alright, you should go and celebrate with her, " he excused himself then Jingoo immediately reached inside his pocket for his phone.

 

 He pressed his beloved's phone number then anxiously waited for her voice to make his day better. " Hello? " his smile turned bigger and his eyes litterally lit up at the sweet voice. " Jieun-ah, I'll pick you up in an hour. Bye~ " he hung up then rushed to his car. Well, he needed to prepare a lot for his surprise present.

 

 " Yah, is that your boyfriend? " Taeyeon asked as she sipped her lemon marmalade soda and reached out for another macaron. " Yep, " Jieun giggled cheekily, the corner of almost reached her ears. " Woah, you're that excited huh? " she scoffed as her hand fed the bubblegum flavoured macaron. Her eyebrows furrowed for a second after the heavenly sweet taste hit her. " Taeyeon-ah, you can finish all of these, I'm going back home! " Jieun waved as she stood up and took her bag at her side. 

 

 " Yah, you're going to leave me here? " she asked, bewildered that her friend just abandoned her alone. " Don't worry, I'll pay the bills! " Taeyeon tsked but a big smile soon appeared on her face when she realized that she could finish a whole box of macaron by herself. " Well, good luck with your boyfriend. I'm having the time of my life with these macarons, " she beamed to herself as she scooted the box nearer to her.

 

* Past Life *

 

 The silky sound of jazz music engulfed the restaurant, turning the atmosphere romantic-like. An elegant lady in red dress with a slit at her lower body, exposing her fit, flawless calf, strutted inside with a waiter to usher her. Alongside her was her manager, briefing her regarding the purpose of the meeting they were about to attend. " Yeah yeah, oppa, stop treating me like I'm some new rookies already, " she stated without even sparing a glance to the poor manager. " I know that but you always misbehave and all I can't help but to worry, " the curly haired manager nagged the idol as she sighed and stopped walking. Her shades dropped to the tip of her nose and her eyes peeked through it. 

 

 A cheeky smile appeared on her face. " Ayy, oppa, I still remember your first word after you became my manager back then when I was just an unknown artist, " she turned her body to him then clasped his hand inside her. ' Urgh, she's doing it again, ' the said manager sighed mentally. " I'll become your hands and your legs and every limbs in your body. You can just trust on me and lea-... " he swatted her hands away then avoided eye contact since he knew she was showcasing her best puppy eyes right now. 

 

 " Alright, just don't misbehave much, " after that green light, the woman pinched his arm with a warm smile on her face. She knew that in this dark and cold swamp, the only ray of light there was her manager. No one came second and no one came first before him. 

 

 Because there was no one other than him.

 

 Well, there was someone.

 

 But, that light seemingly about to dim sooner or later. She felt that in her gut and she was prepared for anything.

 

 The elegant lady strutted towards a private room and an old man greeted her sight as soon as the door opened. The said man welcomed her with a wide smile that eventually closed his eyes and a burst of chilling laughter. They could feel in their bones. " Oh, if it's not the one and only Kim Taeyeon! " he stretched out both his arms for a hug and Taeyeon unwillingly was embraced by the man that reeked of alcohol. She scrunched her face and glared at the back of his head, already cursing a long list of names in her head towards the oblivious man.

 

 " I'm really grateful that your team accepted our offers in no time. I've been a fan of you for such a long time Taeyeon-ssi, " the old man, or known more as the Director of SangWa Air company, caressed the back of Taeyeon's hand as she bit her lips, trying so hard to remain behaved throughout the meeting. Taeyeon's manager whom witnessed such inappropriate gesture awkwardly laughed. " Ah director, our Taeyeon here is really exhilirated for this collaboration project, " he stated as he poured some sake into the wooden cup. The director laughed loudly and released Taeyeon's hand to take a shot of the drink.

 

 She gave him a thankful glance as her manager nodded his head. " Park manager here really treats you well, right? " Taeyeon nodded enthusiastically, trying to match his energy, at his question. " Of course, he's the one that helps me with everything that I need, " she elaborated still with a poker face, the statement was sincere but Park manager didn't bother much since he thought she was just putting an act in front of the director.‪ " Woah, so, are you guys really just manager and artist? Or..." the old geezer trailed off from his sentence, a teasing look appeared on his face. 

 

 " Eyy, no, we're just very close like siblings, " Park manager explained to the tipsy man. " Hahaha, that's a relief then, " upon that sentence, Taeyeon glared at him, displeased by the hidden meaning in his words. " By the way sir, I heard that this meeting is for an official contract signing with Kim Taeyeon-ssi? " Park manager questioned the red faced man. " Yes yes, I almost forgot about that, " he extended his hand to the chair on his left, attempted to reach his leather office bag. Suddenly, his movement halted and the director looked at Park manager with a cheeky smile. " Can you please leave the both of us first? This is a private discussion, " a quite obviously erted laugh escaped his mouth.

 

 " H-huh? I don't think there's a need for me to go o-... " the poor manager just closed his mouth when a stern look was shot towards him. As if there was a spring beneath the seat pillow, he sprung up and bowed to the tipsy man before hesitantly exit the room. ' Aish, this sick erted er really making his move huh? ' Taeyeon cursed inside her mind as her glare could almost bore a hole into the director's face, too furious to be able to say a word. Her jaw tightened and her left eyebrows lifted up, waiting for the upcoming typical bribe from rich old man. 

 

 " Here, the contract states that you will endorse our product for 3 years full, " Taeyeon eyed the man in front of her who was pushing the contract to her side. A sudden silence greeted them then she could see a wicked smile on the drunk man's face. 

 

 That wicked smile.

 

 " However, you can ask for an extension of 2 more years for this contract, " he slipped his hand inside his tuxedo and took out a what seemingly looked like a hotel card. The pissed woman almost scoffed and rolled her eyes at this old tactic this geezer was using. Her poker face remained unchanged while her pupils were moving fast, reading the original contract thoroughly. When she felt secure about the contract, she signed it without any hesitation, making the director smiled with a dirty look in his eyes. 

 

 " So.... your decision? " 

 

 Taeyeon's slender hand slowly made their way to pick up the hotel card and she could sense the excitement from the old man seated in front of her. The director smirked as his eyes trailed from Taeyeon's bright brown orbs to her sharp nose, flawless milky skin and lastly to her bright red lips.

 

 " Director, are you looking down on me? " 

 

 That sentence knocked him out of his fantasy. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Taeyeon just silently observed the card she held using her index and middle finger. " I don't have to wait 3 years for much more offers to drop down on my lap willingly, " she held the card delicately using both her hand, flaunting it in front of the director's face. The tipsy man suddenly felt sober as sweat dripped down from his head to his forehead.

 

 " So, the addition content is pretty useless for me, "

 

 Crack

 

 She broke the hotel card in two then dropped them down into the sake cup he drank from. Taeyeon blatantly brushed her hands then stood up, wanting more than anything to escape that place. " Yah! You ungrateful wench, you're going to beg for my forgiveness sooner or later! " he screamed as he pointed at the unflustered woman using his index finger. The bored woman shifted her eyes from the wooden door to the furious man on the floor. " Or never, " she walked out of the room without even sparing another glance to the man.

 

 " Taeyeon-ah, how did it go? " Park manager chased after the pissed woman. He hoped with his whole heart that she didn't harm the man physically or else their careers would be done. " Don't worry, I didn't hurt him and the contract is definite, "

 

 After the assurance from his artist, he raised his eyebrows, feeling confused. " So, he really was just discussing business with you? " he questioned as he unlocked a white van and enter the driver's side. " I didn't break any of his bone but I did break a hotel card, " Taeyeon stated after she settled down in the car seat then looked out of the window. Her right hand was caressing her left arm slowly. As if she was comforting herself unknowingly.

 

 " Wha-... "  Park manager stopped bombarding the silent woman with question when he saw her expressionless face. Well, on the surface, it was expressionless. However, Park manager knew her well more than anyone. He sighed and nodded his head.

 

 " Well, you did great Taeyeon-ah, " he assured Taeyeon and flashed a wide smile to the obviously grumpy woman. Out of the blue, her phone rang and at the sight of that particular man's name, she groaned and rolled her eyes. " Why is he even trying at this point? " she muttered but still answered the call. In an instant, her emotionless voice changed 180 degrees. " Eoh~ hello oppa! " she cheerfully greeted her 5 years boyfriend whom chuckled at the adorable voice of his girlfriend. " Taeyeon-ah, are you done with your meeting? I bought some chocolate from Cali and I thought you might want some, " he sweetly answered her.

 

 She raised her eyebrows and sneered slightly. ' Does he think I only want to eat 24/7? ' she thought but continued with the fake aegyeo voice. " Ooh~ I'll go to your place okay? " she replied.

 

 " Eoh, I'll wait for you Tae, bye! "

 

 " See you later Jingoo oppa! " 

 

 The call ended and both sides sighed as irritation was apparent on their faces. 

 

 Jingoo raised his left hand that was carrying his girlfriend's chocolate then glared at the innocent boxes of sweets. " Why does she even bother faking a sweet attitude when everyone knows what a spawn of satan she truly is? " he scoffed and continued walking towards his parked car. Jingoo entered his car and started the engine, the radio immediately blasted a familiar song. A wide smile appeared on his face. 

 

 " Just now we played a song that had been topping the charts for weeks! It's eight by IU! " shamelessly, he chuckled, this time sincerely, when he heard her name. Something snapped inside his head then he slightly shook away the thoughts he had. He realized that he had been losing interest in his girlfriend, however, they were still holding on to their relationship because of the leftover affection they had for each other.

 

 He always wondered how he even ended up dating the top hallyu idol Kim Taeyeon. Back then when they started dating, he was just an unknown actor, always an extra or useless cameo. Until one day, he was casted as an extra in Taeyeon's first ever drama debut which of course, received a lot of attention thanks to her reputation. 

 

 " Is that Jingoo? " Park manager questioned Taeyeon as he drove out of the basement parking. " Aish, don't ever mention his name! " Taeyeon exploded as she hugged her minion plushie tightly and buried her face into the soft pillow. " What's wrong with her? I thought she was crazy over him, " he whispered to himself. Indeed, that was true. 5 years ago, when Taeyeon made her acting debut, an unknown artist which even the producer barely remember his name, caught her attention and she couldn't stop talking about him to Park manager. 

 

 That crush led to something new when Taeyeon approached Jingoo with her angel-like attitude. However, 2 years into their relationship, Jingoo started to lose interest on her because of what supposedly her true personality. Well, Taeyeon didn't notice it at first but slowly into their third year together, she noticed the way he eyed this particular singer angered her. It didn't really matter to her if it was other younger and fresher singer because she knew, she's better than any of those newbies. However, it angered her that THIS singer caught her boyfriend's attention. 

 

 Her eternal rival.

 

 

A/N : Hii!! Welcome to the first chapter! I know GD is not in this chapter yet but he will appear of course just be patient alrightt~ Subscribe and comment and upvote if it's okay for you guys hehe~