Bloom

Camellia

WonHa/Gallery | GFriend Wiki | Fandom

Eunha glanced behind her to see them holding hands and giggling. Her chest tightened at the scene behind her and cast her head down to look at her hands in her lap. She never thought they would get together.

I had my chance pabo, it's too late now. She's happy with her and I can't take that away from her.

Sowon and Nayeon recently announced their relationship leaving everybody shocked to say the very least as they were never seen hanging out together.

"No way, I've never seen you hang out with her," Yuju blurted, recieving a smack on her arm by her girlfriend, Umji. "Shush."

"At least there won't be a chance of babies coming out of either of you two," Yerin said a bit to nonchalantly, earning a hard elbow to the stomach from her ice princess, SinB. Jihyo and Momo glared at Yerin and rolled their eyes. 

Jeongyeon laughed loudly, "Ahaha, that's a great joke unnie. Like you could ever get a date."

"It's true!" Nayeon exclaimed. "I'll prove it."

Nayeon grabbed Sowon's neck and brought her lips crashing down on hers. With their lips locked, poor Tzuyu and Chaeyoung's eyes lost their innocence, Sana was clearly enjoying the makeout session, while Jeongyeon's jaw went slack by Nayeon's boldness.

Nayeon pulled away leaving Sowon breathless, "Is that enough proof for you?" Both girls cheeks were a rosy color and Sowon looked at Nayeon with adoration and care.

Jeongyeon nodded dumbly.

"Wah~ Daebak," Dahyun whispered.

Sowon looked over to Eunha who hasn't spoken nor made any attempt to move. She stood near Sana and Mina and clung closely to them since Sowon and Nayeon first appeared. Sowon's heart started to hurt for some reason as she wanted to reach out to Eunha and hug her bunny. 

"Congratulations unnies," Mina smiled. Eunha nodded, agreeing with Mina.

"Does that mean Eunha's ours?" Sana asked innocently, her arm already around her waist.

"No~!" Umji pouted. "Eunha's still ours."

The four other girls nodded in agreement, Eunha was their little bunny to play with and tease.

"Aww~ But Eunha~," Sana whined and pawed Eunha's shoulder.

"It's okay Sana, I'll come play with you guys every now and then. I promise I won't forget you guys." Eunha spoke. Sana's eyes lit up and Mina gave her gummy smile.

"It's a promise," Sana sealed it with a kiss on Eunha's cheek and Eunha blushed. Something arose in Sowon's stomach but she tried to ignore it. 

 

Who would've thought Sowon and Nayeon were to get together? Yes, Who would've thought? Not I.

Eunha gave a deep sigh and was nudged on her shoulder.

"Why are you sighing?" Sana asked cutely.

Eunha could only smile. Sana thought that was a good enough answer and rested her head on Eunha's shoulder. Eunha let Sana do whatever because she learned whatever Sana wants is whatever Sana gets.

I wish I could get whatever I want, then I could have her without any regrets.

Eunha felt her chest tighten and soon it was hard to breathe. She started to cough, startling Sana up.

Sana's eyes widened at a lone petal floating in the air. 

"Eunha..." Sana whispered.

Eunha looked to where Sana stared at and noticed the petal.

"What is it?" Eunha looked confused but Sana could only shake her head.

"Who is it?" Sana whispered furiously at her friend for hiding something.

"Who?" Eunha looked over confused but Sana could only get more frustrated.

"Who do you love?" Sana didn't beat around the bush.

"How do you know?" Eunha asked shocked.

Sana stared at the petal, "You have the Hanahaki disease..." 

Oh. That was all Eunha could think. She learned a small amount of it from Mina. A disease that will slowly kill someone until they can't breathe due to flowers blooming in their bodies. A disease that would only occur from a one-sided love.

"... S-Sowon," Eunha whispered.

Sana looked over to the cuddling couple and gave Eunha a sympathetic look. It was a good thing everyone was in their own little bubble to notice a start of Eunha's sad situation.

"Promise you won't tell anyone."

Sana looked nervous, shouldn't she tell someone about it? "I promise... but if you ever want help, I'm here for you. Death isn't the only option."

"But I don't want to lose this feeling. It's one of the only things that will let me hold onto her." 

Sana brought Eunha into a hug. Eunha was stiff at first but slowly relaxed into her arms.

"Thank you unnie. I'll be okay."

~~~

Weeks have passed since the first incidents and the one lone petal started to increase to multiple petals. Slowly but surely the disease started to take over her body but she never showed it. Eunha still acted as her usual self to avoid any unwanted attention and it worked. While hanging out in a group of 15 people, it was hard to notice anything wrong with her except the occasional cough and stare from Sana.

She still sung with Yuju and bickered with SinB. She got to tease Umji and joke around with Yerin. But Sowon, she didn't talk as much to her but that was expected considering she just got into a relationship with someone else. Sowon every now and then still pinched Eunha's chin fat and fed her small bites of her food. Sowon was still the loving Sowon, but she became more closed off for her new jealous bunny.

Today it was just the original 6 girls and Sowon decided to treat the girls by eating together like they used to. They all sat in a circle on the floor with the middle filled with glorious food. The middle had boxes of takeout chicken and there were bowls of Jjamppong and Jjajangmyeon. Side dishes and drinks filled in the smaller spots that were open on the floor.

"I missed seeing you guys~" Sowon complained letting out her aegyo.

SinB looked in disgust, "I did too but after that I don't anymore." Yuju, not so discreetly snorted and Sowon glared at her.

"SinB don't be so mean~" Yerin nudged her girlfirend.

"I missed you too unnie," Eunha smiled with her cheeks full of noodles.

Sowon looked over to see her cute bobbed friend and pulled her into a hug. Eunha's chest was filled with warmth but also tightened by the closeness of her.

"Unnie, I c-can't breathe," 

"Ah~ Sorry!" Sowon pulled away and Eunha already missed her warmth.

"And this is why I love Eunha the most." Sowon declared.

Eunha choked on her food and started coughing, feeling the rise of flower petals. She quickly grabbed the nearest soda and chugged her food and petals down . That was close, too close. What's going to happen when it gets worse? 

Sowon looked Eunha with worry. "Are you okay Eunha?"

Eunha nodded, her chest filled with warmth. She took another bite of food to show Sowon she was okay. Sowon smiled and the night continued with jokes, dumb, dumber, and dumbest Yerin, Yuju, & SinB being beagle crackheads and the other girls laughing and encouraging their actions.

If only I was okay.

~~~

Eunha was in the practice room with Sana and Mina trying out a new song. Some of the girls were asleep and some were out on dates or just hanging out.

"What about this?" Mina showed the two girls a Japanese song.

"What song is it?" Eunha asked leaning closer to Mina to see the song off her phone.

Mina tilted the phone for Eunha to see, "It's a song by Taeyeon but she sung it in Japanese."

"Stay..." Eunha looked at the song thoughtfully.

 

今も耳に残るYour Voice

もう一度呼んで欲しいMy name

泣いたままで

位置について

顔を上げてみる

(Even now, your voice lingers in my ears

I want you to call out my name once more

As I cried

I realised where I was,

and lifted up my head)

 

"I like it," Sana nodded.

"It won't be too hard for you right Eun-chan?" Mina asked.

Eunha shook her head, "It won't be easy but I can do it, after all I've done Japanese songs in my group for projects."

"Okay then it's settl-"

Eunha started coughing and before she could stop flower petals flew out from .

Mina stared in shock at Eunha while Sana pulled Eunha in for a tight hug. Sobs errupted from Eunha as she was shaking in Sana's hold.

"Please don't tell anyone this Minari," Sana pleaded softly, rubbing Eunha's back soothingly.

Mina stared at the petals before looking up to the two girls, "I-I'm sorry, I didn't know, E-Eun-chan." Mina carefully reached out for Eunha's hand.

"P-please d-d-don't," Eunha stuttered through her cries.

"I-I won't tell." Mina looked to the poor girl. Who has the right to hurt this preciously sweet girl? 

Another coughing fit arrose from Eunha but this time it lasted longer leaving Eunha gasping for air.

"E-E-Eun-chan," Mina pointed to Eunha's fist.

Red. Blood red. From the heart. Eunha's body, fatigued by the rollercoaster of emotions was stressed as is, but the disease did not stop. 

"I'm too tired." Eunha muttered, her eyes already closing.

Sana stood up and rushed out of the room coming back with damp tissues.

"Minari, I worry for her. She's going to die..." Sana broke down into tears.

"Satang," Mina pulled her friend to look her in the eyes, "She won't die..."

Mina said that more for herself. She won't die will she? I can't let her die.

Mina's life was dull before these two klutzy, wild, cute, fun, lovable girls came into her life. She can't go back to her lifeless life.

"My uncle, he's a surgeon that specializes in this disease." Mina spoke softly.

Sana looked tiredly at Eunha, she can't betray her but she can't just sit her and let her die. "We are going to have to persuade her, she wants to keep the feelings..." Sana confessed.

Mina nodded and rested a hand on Eunha's, softly rubbing it to calm her nerves down. 

"It'll be okay."

If only it would be okay.

~~~

"Please?" Sowon pleaded.

Eunha tiredly sighed at Sowon's request. Sowon wanted to hear her latest project with Sana and Mina but she has been trying to tell Sowon no. But if it was her wish then Eunha would do her best to grant it no matter how hard it is for her.

"Fine," Eunha relaxed in her chair and pulled out her phone.

Her hands swiftly moving along the screen pulling up the app. "Ready unnie?"

Sowon's eyes lit up and she vigorously nodded.

She pressed play and closed her eyes to evaluate her project and to avoid Sowon's reactions. 

The song started and Sowon was already in love with it. She adored Eunha's voice but wouldn't outright admit it. She would only say it was good and how proud she is to be in her group. 

First Mina's soothing voice started off, followed by Sana's honey voice, and lastly was Eunha's goddess voice. Sowon smiled hearing Eunha's voice and her heart beat just a little faster. 

The song ended before Sowon could even realize it. She was in a trance by Eunha's voice and only snapped out of it when Eunha rested a hand on her arm.

"Are you okay unnie?" Eunha's brows creased.

"O-oh," Sowon stuttered, "Y-yeah. It was really really good. I love it."

Eunha beamed and Sowon smiled.

"I miss hanging out with you Eunha."

"I miss you too but you have to treat Nayeon right." Eunha's heart clenched as she said it.

Sowon's eyes lit up at the name and Eunha knew she couldn't do anything about it. The happy but painful feeling started burning her chest that she knew she had to get out of here. 

"Thanks unnie, I really mean it but I need to go now." Eunha jumped out from her seat and rushed out the door, leaving a confused Sowon behind.

Once out the door, she ran away as if to run away from these feelings. The feeling she loves is slowly eating her up and biting her back.

Out of breath, she stooped over near a bush and coughed the flowers nestling in  and the lack of air. The petals came rushing out of along with spurts of blood that terrified Eunha. The blood left a bitter taste in and the feeling of the flower never left. She felt as if the flower wasn't just one anymore but multiple. 

I don't think I'm okay.

~~~

6 months. 6 months have passed since the disease first came into my life. This wretched disease that torturing me from the inside. At first it was easy to control. A few petals every now and then but it then turned into something darker. The petals became red from my heart but it didn't stop there. No, whole flowers tumbled out of my mouth. The roots have surely take grasp of my lungs and dug in so deep it hurts to breathe sometimes. 

"Eunha, please think about it." Mina's eyes were glossy.

Sana and Mina were sitting with Eunha in the same practice room. 

'I-I don't know." 

"Please... For us..." Mina whimpered.

"You don't have to die. Please. Come with us to Japan. We can stay there. Forever." Sana cried.

Life... Do I even want to live without Sowon?

Eunha, too tired for anything now just sat there lifelessly. The disease was eating her up from the inside and she could barely move. Everyone around her slowly realied Eunha's change in health but she never told anyone else. Everyone was worried for her health but she just pushed through and acted as if it was nothing.

"You don't need to do this Eun..." 

Eunha's breathing was slowing down. 

I've lied to them... Yerin, Yuju, SinB, and Umji. Oh god, I'm the worst. 

A tear rolled down Eunha's cheek. "I don't... want to... hurt... anyone... I'll, I'll... do it."

Mina looked at Sana and in no time they found themselves flying on a private jet. Seoul to Kobe. Eunha's body was laying there lifelessly with a faint heartbeat.

"Stay with us Eunha. We love you dearly." Mina and Sana each held one of Eunha's hands.

I think I'll be okay.

~~~

3 Months Later

Dear GFRIEND,

Thank you for being by bestest friends. You guys are all that I could ask for.

I'm sorry to have to write this to you guys but do not worry. I can safely say that I am okay and I'm sorrry for troubling you guys. I am currently in Japan and planning on staying here. I'm with Sana and Mina and I can tell you guys that it is amazing and so beautiful. The weather is gorgeous and it is so much fun. I wish you could all be with me. I'll keep all our precious memories together and hopefully we can make new ones in the future.

I hope we can meet in the future and I can tell you everything that happened and that will happen in the future. Make sure you keep in touch with me, you hear! ˃ʍ˂

Sowon, thank you for always taking care of me and treating me so well. <3 Make sure you treat Nayeon well too or I'll hear about it!

Yerin, I couldn't ask for a better cousin. Take care of SinB, she can be messy.

Yuju, I'll miss hearing your voice so you make sure you call me you hear?

SinB, Take care of Yerin. She's so troublesome.

Umji, I'll miss seeing my little baby.( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

I love you all.

Sincerely,

Eunha

 

Unedited~

A/N

Thank you for reading this! Please tell me what you think about it!