of late nights and juice boxes

quiet


“Aren’t you tired?” Seulgi asks not sparing a glance in Seungwan’s direction. Seulgi simply takes a sip from her apple juice box. 

 

They found themselves on a park bench at an ungodly hour but it’s the norm for them.

 

 Whenever they had too much on their minds they’d go to “their bench.” (Not that they owned it or anything, Seulgi suddenly started referring it as “our bench” to Seungwan and it just stuck).

 

Seungwan turns her head to look at Seulgi’s side profile, and she feels something bubbling within her chest... it’s a warm feeling. One she can’t help but wonder what it means. But she blocks out the thought so she can reply, “Hm? Tired like physically or mentally?” 

 

Seulgi’s mouth opens to answer but she finds herself pausing to glance at the other girl and she thinks ‘big mistake’ because Seungwan is looking at her like that. 

It’s almost like her eyes pulling Seulgi in and it’s too much for the older girl. She quickly saves herself from falling harder by looking around and answering, “...Like in general?” 

 

The lamp post near to them provides some light allowing Seungwan to see the blush creep onto the other’s cheeks. She thinks it’s adorable.

 

“I mean yeah I’m exhausted but that’s never stopped me from spending time with you.” 

 

Seungwan smirks once she finished her sentence and takes a long sip from her orange juice box. Moving her eyebrows up and down, teasing Seulgi. The blush on the latter’s cheeks only intensifies and she reaches up to lightly push Seungwan’s shoulder. 

 

Then Seungwan takes the opportunity to tickle Seulgi and a tickle fight emerges.

 

They both share a laugh and juice boxes are left forgotten on the ground. 

 

(Don’t worry they didn’t litter,, after the tickling they disposed of the juice boxes correctly).

————————

 

Seulgi grabs Seungwan’s hand and leads her to the railing of the nearby bridge. Seungwan gives her a confused look and Seulgi sends her a small smile. 

 

When they reach their destination, Seulgi leans onto the railing and says,

 

“Maybe we feel empty because we leave pieces of ourselves in everything we love?” 

 

Seungwan looks almost surprised and a hint of worry seeping through, “Where’d that come from? Are you alright Seul?” 

 

Instinctively, Seungwan’s hand reaches out to cup Seulgi’s cheek.  Seulgi offers her a soft giggle and tight lipped smile, one that doesn’t quite reach her eyes. “It’s just something I was thinking about... and maybe that’s why I feel a bit empty when you’re not by my side.” A hand comes up and keeps Seungwan’s hand in place.

 

Seungwan smiles and giggles, She’s unsure what to say so she keeps quiet. Her head tilts to the side and lets Seulgi continue. 

 

“In a world where everyone is cold, you felt warm, and I think that’s got to mean something but I’m not sure what exactly it means.” 

 

Seulgi is so lost and is trying to piece her feelings together to no avail. She’s searching for something in Seungwan’s eyes and Seulgi’s not sure if she’ll find what she wants. 

 

Seungwan is taken aback from the suddenness of the whole situation. Seulgi looks lost and Seungwan can tell, so her free hand holds onto Seulgi’s other hand and warms it up. 

 

But Seungwan finally understands one thing. The bubbles and warmth she feels when she’s with Seulgi, the way Seulgi feels empty without her. They’re feeling the same thing. 

 

“I think it means you love me.” Seungwan pauses with a smile and Seulgi is blushing which is a confirmation of the latter’s feelings.

 

“And I think I love you too.” Seulgi can’t help but believe Seungwan’s confession. Not when she looks at her like that, so sure, so confidently and so unconditionally.

 

They smile at each other, eyes so full of love for the other.

 

It’s a quiet type of love they share, not one that could be described in words. But it’s just how they like it.

 

---

a/n: comments are always appreciated btw :)) hope y'all liked it,, until next time <3