Of candlelight dinners and cash...

If its for money,... [On HIATUS]

She lighted the candles on the elegant bronze tripod candlestand and placed two of those on the white clothed table.

Just then the warm aroma of the food cooked drifted hazily through the air.

Ah, right on time.

With that she slowly took out the servings from the pot and helped serve the main course on the dish.

Salmon Fantasy, ginger and mustard marinated salmon steak grilled zucchini, scallop mushroom with green peas mash and nabbed by citrus capers hollandaise.

It was nothing fancy, she thought.

Well a proposal will require at least this much.

She covered the food on the plate with a large glass bowl fitting to the plate and put it on the kitchen counter.

She looked at the clock and saw that 10 minutes had passed.

The cream must have cooled.

She opened the fridge and dug a bit of the cream with her pinky finger and put it to .

Mmmmm, heaven.

And so she started working on the appetizer. Something plain and simple anyone would be capable of.

Strawberries and cream.

When she was content that it had the perfect texture, she scooped out two scoops and put them into two bowls each.

Ok, the appetizers ready too. What else is left?

She counted off and ticked the mental list inside her head and finally remembered the music.

"Ah, right. The music! How could I forget the main highlight of this whole thing. There's no romance better than a proposal with the guy on his knees and soft music in the background." She spoke aloud to herself.

She headed to the DVD player and inserted Debussy's CD. When the music started playing, she adjusted the volume on the speakers to the right amount where it sounded as if it was playing on the back of your mind.

Ding Dong!

The bell rang.

She looked at the door and smiled.

Finally, the person she had been preparing this for arrived.

With all smiles on her face, she opened the door to find equally bright but nervous eyes looking back at her.

"You're right on time. Come inside. I've prepared everything that you've asked me of."

With that she led the small petite woman inside the house. She looked just the right amount of a well-dressed woman who was going to be proposed. Well, there was that teeny tiny overdone part with her hair and dress. She looked like she was going to a gala rather than what was supposed to be the enough amount of a regular date with her boyfriend with her red long flowy dress and her hair in an elegant updo. But it was okay she thought,since there was going to be something a bit irregular this time.

"Awwh, ippuda. So beautiful. Where do you come up with such ideas?" Her friend's question brought her out of reverie.

"Yah, whom do you think you're talking about? It's me, did you forget?" With that she huffed out her chest full of pride.

"Obviously, when was anything ever hard to you Soyeon-ah?"

"Ah, I remember. The main course is already ready and set up on the kitchen counter and the desserts are in the upper part of the fridge."

"Gomawo, Soyeon."

At this Soyeon smiled and put out her hand.

At this her friend raised a confused eyebrow but then got the signal just a minute late.

"Oh, I remember. Here's your money."

True her friend had offered her money for this work and she had complied. Since when did things come freely nowadays?

And with that her friend handed her quite a heavy load of money.

"Now, you're thankful."

Soyeon teased counting the money in her hands.

"All the best, Taeyeon-ah. Go get him tonight." Soyeon encouraged her friend.

Taeyeon looked at her 5 year-old-long friend and smiled. Seeing at her resumed action of counting money, Taeyeon could not help but wonder what had happened to her friend who hated snobs more than anything but somehow turned into a money loving character herself. But besides that she knew, her friend was still good at her heart no matter how rude or mean she seemed.

"Ah, Soyeon. Here."

Soyeon looked up from counting money to see Taeyeon handing out moew money to her.

"What's that?"

She pointed towards the money.

"Take it."

Saying so Taeyeon pressed it into her friend's hand and made her clutch it.

"Think of it as a tip."

Taeyeon smiled.

"Waaah, Kim Taeyeon don't you think you're being a bit too generous today?" Soyeon teased.

"Whatever. It's a big day for me. So as a part of advance celebration, go buy yourself something today. Something good to eat. You're looking so thin and hallow nowadays since the last few days."

Taeyeon spoke with a sad face.

"Awwh, chincha?"

She hurriedly looked at herself on the doorway mirror.

"Yah, I look just fine."

Soyeon shot back.

"Whatever, you still need to stay healthy, understand?"

Taeyeon asked in that bossy voice whenever she was scared her friend would overdo herself and end up in the hospital.

"Ok,ok I get it. Don't worry about me. It's your day today."

She lightly cupped her cheeks.

"I get it. Now hurry out. He may be coming here anytime soon."

"Oh, yeah yeah. I forgot. Don't forget where I've palced the rest of the things understand."

Soyeon was picking up her bag and wearing her shoes at the same time too.

"Ok ok, you have fun too 'kay?"

Taeyeon smiled at her.

"Don't worry. I will."

And with that Soyeon was outside the door already.

Outside in her hurry to run away before she got spotted by her friend's boyfriend she didn't notice the person coming her way when she bumped into him.

"Oh, Ahjussi. I'm sorry."

Soyeon hurriedly bowed and left before the other person could say anything.

But not before she caught the faint smell of cologne and citrus.

The guy looked at her running figure and then looked down at his well-ironed black coat.

With a frown on his face he dusted off the imaginary dirt on his coat.

Just then something shiny caught his eye. He looked down and found it to be a key attached to a keyring along with her shiny metallic-colored purse.

"Che."

With that he turned around and headed back to his destination before someone had bumped into him.

Not even bothering to pick up the key and purse.

Not even thinking for once that someone might have lost their important belongings.

Ding Dong!

The doorbell rang.

Taeyeon jumped up with a start.

"Ok, he's here. Cool down, Taeyeon. Play it cool."

She chanted to herself.

Ding Dong!

The doorbell rang again.

Taeyeon slowly walked down the corridor and took a deep breath, then opened the door.

She smiled at the familiar handsome face that always seemed to stop her breath everytime she stared at too long.

"Come on inside. Siwon-ah."