Fin

The Sweetest thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Sweetest Thing

"CAKE!" Mina squealed with delight as Chaeyoung placed the container packed with large chocolate slices in front of her. She grabbed the nearest fork and started pouncing.

Tzuyu's eyes narrowed. It had been one of those disturbingly sunny days that were too good to pass up so She, Jeongyeon, Dahyun, and Mina all gathered on one of JYacademy's wide lawns for a quick break when Chaeyoung sauntered by with dessert. For a second, She felt her jaw tighten at the fact that someone else was making Mina totally thrilled but she shook her head. She wasn't paranoid enough to deny her a slice of chocolate mousse. It wasn't everyday that Chae bought them something to eat.

 

Her fork stopped in mid-air when she saw her stuffing full, like she hadn't had a bite in the last three days. "And you wonder why you're getting fat," she growled under her breath.

 

 

If she heard her, she chose to ignore her. "This is -mmmph - really - mmm - delicious, Son- mmm - Chaeyoung," she managed in between mouthfuls. When she showed no signs of stopping, Jeongyeon laughed and handed her a glass of water. They all watched in mixed degrees of amusement as she downed the glass in one gulp. "What's the occasion? Where'd you get this?" she said finally.

 

Chaeyoung lookded at her shyly. "No special reason, actually. I made it."

 

 

"What?" everyone cried out in amazement. Tzuyu couldn't believe her ears. Chaeyoung, baking? she couldn't imagine that anything much could shake her friend from her usual stupor. Besides what did she do while she needed to wait for 45 minutes for the cake to bake - sleep?

 

Chaeyoung shrugged. "It's no big deal."

 

Tzuyu was about to wave the subject off when Mina nearly leapt in front of Chaeyoung and grabbed the front of her shirt. She had an admiring look in her eyes that stirred uneasy emotions in her chest. "You really baked all this? By yourself? With your own hands?"

 

Before Chaeyoung could answer, Tzuyu already wrenched Mina away. She couldn't help it; it was almost like instinct. There was no way on the planet that she was going to touch another girl while she was in front of her. Come to think of it, there was no way on the planet that she was going to touch another girl aside from her. Period. Okay, maybe her father and brother, but that was about it.

 

But Mina didn't even protest her intervention. In fact, it didn't seem as if she noticed she was irritated with all her Son chaeyoung-worship. "How come I never knew you baked?"

 

"If it's any consolation, Mina, you don't know how I am in bed…" Dahyun's voice trailed off when Tzuyu shot her a murderous look. "… but that's beside the point now, isn't it?" She finished meekly.

 

"My mother likes it," Chaeyoung answered. "Besides, I've always had a lot of time on my hands."

 

 

"But this stuff is great!" Mina gushed. "Really great, Son Chaeyoung."

 

 

Tzuyu sniffed. "I've tasted better. There's a café in BunnyCafe that serves the best black forest. You want me to take you there?"

 

"Hey, sure," Jeongyeon piped up.

 

"I wasn't talking to you," Tzuyu snarled.

 

Still Mina ignored her. "I've never met a girl who actually bakes! And to think that you're marvelous at this stuff."

 

She couldn't stand it. Tzuyu jumped to her feet suddenly, surprising everyone. "Hey, isn't it time for class?"

 

They all stared at her as if her hair had straightened right in front of their eyes. "Class?" Mina echoed, finally speaking to her. "Since when has that bothered you?"

 

She took her arm and hauled her up. "Since you started hanging out with us. I don't want you to come crying to me if you're late."

 

Mina sighed and began walking after her, but after a second, she turned back to Chaeyoung. "Hey, Son Chaeyoung, will you promise to teach me how to make that cake?"

 

Something in Tzuyu snapped. she swept her off her feet, and despite her all her put-downs about her weight, she placed her on her right shoulder as if she didn't weigh anything at all. She struggled under her grip but she held her down. "Get, woman."

"Hey, isn't it too early in the day for that?" Dahyun called out behind her, but Tzuyu just kept on walking without even a backward glance.

Mina stopped squirming for a final goodbye to Chaeyoung. "Save me some of that, won't you?"

 

Tzuyu ran all the way to the building.

 

What was it about that chocolate mousse? Tzuyu was in serious contemplation over the finer points of baking as she walked Mina to the RV shop that afternoon.

 

"Why are you so mad at me?" Mina complained, interrupting her thoughts.

 

"Who said I was mad?" She shot back.

"You're not talking to me," she pointed out.

"Then what do you call this?"

Mina threw her hands up in frustration and stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. "See what I mean? I don't get you, Chou Tzuyu. If you're so mad, why bother walking me to work?"

"Because this is all your fault!" She shouted back, knowing perfectly well that her argument didn't make sense.

Then to hee complete surprise, Mina stoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter