chapter i.

i don't fit in, but neither do you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re going to the library?” Wheein asked, exasperated, as Yongsun gathered sheets of paper into her binder. Yongsun furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“What do you mean? I always go to the library after Acapella Club, don’t I?” Yongsun shoved the binders into her backpack and zipped up the pockets to the left, checking to make sure the clasps aligned. A perfect fit.

 

“Yeah, but —” Wheein flailed. “You’re a senior. And you got in early to your top university! Take a break for once, and come hang out with Hyejin and me! We’ll do anything you want, scout’s honor.”

 

“I got in on a scholarship, remember?” Yongsun slung the backpack over her shoulder and headed to the exit, waving goodbye to the other members.  Wheein scrambled to catch up. “I can’t afford to up my grades. Literally and figuratively.”

 

“But still! It couldn’t hurt to take a break once in a while. C’mon, isn’t senior year supposed to be full of partying and having fun?”

 

“Maybe if you don’t care. Besides, you’re not a senior, Wheein. Shouldn’t you be studying anyways?”

 

Wheein stuck her tongue out. “I don’t care about grades as much as you do. In fact, no one does.”

 

Yongsun just hummed in response — it was probably true. Seeing the library come up in the distance, Wheein tried again, “You sure you don’t want to hang out?”

 

“It’s fine, Hyejin’s waiting for you, and calculus homework’s waiting for me. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

Wheein rolled her eyes at the monotone response. “Ugh, fine, we get it, your homework is more important to you than us.” She made a show of stomping away before looking back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter