End

Cliche Wenseul Stuff

Wendy curled into a ball while hugging her best soft pillow and sulked. She's sulking because Seulgi’s busy hanging out with new girl friends who can’t seem to take their eyes, or hands of her Seulgi. Wendy let out a huff to mentally knock herself in the head for thinking that Seulgi is hers when the bear probably does not even know the existence of Wendy’s romantic feelings towards her.

 

 

‘Like she doesn’t know what all the girls in the industry are doing’, Wendy thinks. She continued her sulking activity and occasional mumbles into the poor pillow.

 

 

 

The door to Red Velvet’s dorm opened with ruffled sounds of paper bags being carried in. Seulgi pushed the door open with the back of her body and mumbled to Joohyun to help her out.

 

 

“-nnie, -elp me!” because was holding the keycard of their dorm (typical Seulgi, sheesh). Joohyun rolled her eyes at picked some of the bags that Seulgi had brought home. “You surely do have a lot of friends, don’t ya?” The older one snickered.

 

 

Seulgi smiled sheepishly and thanked her unnie for helping her with the items Sunmi and Yooa gifted her and her members by shooting finger hearts. (Joohyun ignored her, unfortunately lol). After unloading the bags, the former wriggled her arms and plopped onto a couch with a sigh of relief. ‘Damn those girls do know how to shop.’ Seulgi thought to herself and put in a mental note to decline shopping invitations in the future.

 

 

The girl was about to close her eyes when she realized that the dorm was quiet. Without thinking, she asked Joohyun where is Wendy since during their off days the latter is usually in the kitchen, baking new recipes she didn’t even know existed.

 

 

“In the room. Been cooped up the whole day since you went out.”

 

 

Seulgi ran off to her and Wendy’s shared room, excited to meet her bestfriend and tell her about her exhausting day. Joohyun just looked at the disappearing girl and sighed while shaking her head.

 

 

“Wan! Wannieeeeeee!” Wendy had heard that the door to the dorm was open, and she figured that Seulgi is back. Joy and Yerim were busy playing videogames together, and they weren’t expecting any guests today. So when she heard rushed footsteps (she had basically memorized but won’t admit) coming towards the room, she quickly hid under the covers and pretended to be asleep.

 

 

“Awh, you’re asleep, Wan?” Seulgi approached the small lump on Wendy’s bed and sat next to her. “I missed you today.” She whispered before placing a hand on top of her friend’s waist and hugged her close to sleep. Wendy stiffened a bit, but relaxed when she eventually heard the bear’s soft snores. Seulgi definitely did not hear Wendy’s racing heart.

 

 

 

 

Over the next few days, Wendy began to distance herself from Seulgi. After the hugging incident, she thought that she needs some time to recollect herself. Wendy thought that it was unfair for her to be having feelings for Seulgi when the bear only thinks of her as a friend. ‘Just until I can distract myself from thinking about her all the time, which is sort of impossible since we technically live and work together but I will try!’, she thought.

 

 

Seulgi on the other hand, was feeling frustrated as hell. She’s used to sit next to Wendy in the van, during lunch breaks, schedules, for everything. They would talk about their own interests, and take time to listen each other because ‘That’s what soulmates do! Me and Wan are soulmates!’, like Seulgi always says in her heart. And now it’s not only that she doesn’t get to sit next to her favourite hamster (because Joohyun or Joy or even the kid-devil Yerim often crams around Wendy), but every time she tries to tell Seungwan something funny happening during her daily life, the latter pulls away, always with the “Oh, sorry Seul I forgot I have to so something!” or “The members need me, talk to you later?” like she isn’t a Red Velvet member, like they weren’t roommates, like they weren’t bestfriends who happen to be soulmates (like Seulgi says).

 

 

And what saddens her most is when she comes back to their shared space, hoping to see Seungwan’s bright smile before she goes to sleep, but the girl is either already in bed facing the wall or she sleeps in Joohyun’s room. Seulgi feels really sad that sometimes she looks at her phone to scroll for her picture with Wendy because right now she feels like it has been a long time since she saw her bestfriend’s face. It’s like her body is present, but her mind is elsewhere.

 

 

Seulgi lies on her bed that night, thinking of the reasons why Seungwan is avoiding her. She may be dense, but she already gave her same-aged friend a lot of space. She did not even force the latter to stay and listen to her screaming mind. She knew she sort of did something wrong because Joohyun kept on giving her side eye glances between her and Wendy but when she asked her privately, the older girl said, “It’s not my place to tell you.” ‘Then quit with the weird- glances??’ Seulgi huffs when she thought of that memory.

 

 

Seulgi also has a secret she did not want to tell Seungwan until the time is right, but it hurts for her heart to keep on missing Seungwan, so she is planning to go all out tomorrow. The bear looks at the empty space opposite her and sighed. ‘Another lonely night for me, I guess.’

 

 

 

 

They were done with their ‘Really Bad Boy’ stage and Seulgi literally could not take her eyes off of Wendy. The girl was wearing a scandalous top which pushed her chest together to create a deep cleavage and the small jacket she had on to act as sleeves did not help to decrease the severity of the iness impact it had on Seulgi. They bowed to the staffs who helped them with rehearsal and preparation, and were going to head to the waiting room to change into more comfortable clothes, but Seulgi was too antsy to wait for that.

 

 

Remembering that Wendy often pushes her away with excuses, she decided to take matters into her own hands this time. Wendy felt a hand grabbing hers and turned around to find Seulgi as the culprit. She tried to tug it back but the taller girl had held her hand firmly. “You guys go first, I need to talk to Seungwan for a while.” Seulgi ushered the rest of the members who were too tired to ask why anyway. Joohyun gave Seulgi the “look” again, but this time was forming the words “Fix it.”

 

 

“What’s up Seulgi?” Seulgi was a tad bit too distracted by the beads of sweat trailing down on Wendy’s face towards her neck –and now oh, h-her s… The bear’s face had grown red, but ‘goddamn Wan is so hot tonight’, she thought appreciatively. Wendy, despite whose heart races at their close proximity after several days of her ignoring the love of her life, tried to wriggle her hand out and muttered “If there is nothing to say, I am tired, and I want to go home, Seul.” That broke our bear’s inappropriate stares and slapped some sense back into her.

 

 

“N-No!” Seulgi grabbed Wendy’s waist from the back and with all her might, pushes the latter gently onto the wall. The taller girl slaps one hand on the wall near Wendy’s face and another near her arm, in case she tries to break free. At this point, Seulgi doesn’t care who’s about to see them in that awkward position. Wendy’s eyes widen in surprise when the always-gentle Seulgi pushes her like that. She let out a small gasp when she realized that their lips were only inches apart, and that the gaze Seulgi is holding against her is making her insides tremble.

 

 

“Why are you avoiding me, Wan?” Her voice was laced with hurt, and that hurt Wendy too. “I-I’m not.”, she somehow manages to croak out. Seulgi looked at her with eyes that said “Why are you lying to me?”. Wendy looked away, unable to hold the taller girl’s stare, afraid she’d say something stupid. Even though she made up her mind last night, Seulgi suddenly didn’t feel like telling Wendy her secret.

 

 

She used her right hand to cup Wendy’s face to face her, and leaned in to kiss her. Wendy yelped in surprise, but could not fight out of it because the bear is kissing her, and kissing her hard. She surrenders and reciprocates the kiss that shook her heart and core. All the pent up emotions they had, were shared passionately through the kiss. Seulgi used her left hand to bring Wendy’s neck closer as she on the younger’s lips. She didn’t tell Wendy her secret, she showed her.

 

 

After a while, they broke away for air with a slight string of saliva dripping from their mouths. Seulgi put her forehead onto Wendy’s and they both stared at each other with heaving breaths. “W-What..? W-Why..?” Wendy was the first to speak. “I love you Seungwan. And definitely not just as friends.”

 

 

 

 

p/s: it i know, but hey anyone got a prompt for me (not promising any writings though, hahah). btw help me click on this and skip the ad (link to my wendy edit), thank youuuu! pls pls pls help me huhu love you <3