1/1

What Day is it Today?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, Wendy woke up feeling more cheery as her usual self.

Why?

Because it's her favorite day of the year—aside from the holidays of course.

While yawning, she immediately grabbed her phone on her bedside table expecting to see a familiar name on her phone's inbox.

Her cheery mood was instantly replaced with sadness and disappointment.

Why?

Because her girlfriend's usual cheesy and greasy birthday greeting for her was nowhere to be found—not even a bland and simple HAPPY BIRTHDAY greeting was found. Zero. Nothing. Nada.

Trying to cheer herself up, she tried to convince herself that maybe there's an important matter that Joy needs to attend to or maybe her girlfriend stayed awake 'til late night and probably just overslept. Thinking of all the possible scenarios she can come up to, she finally decided to get up on her bed and start the day right as possible.

Now wearing one of her comfy hoody and shorts she proceeds to head at the cafe a few blocks away from her apartment to treat herself and get some heavy breakfast platter which includes her favorite hot dark chocolate drink.

Wendy arrived at the cafe after her 5-minute walk.

With her eyes thouroughly inspecting the place, she saw that her favorite spot was occupied.

Yep, another disappointment.

So even it is against her will, she drag her feet to find a new spot.

Why am I unlucky today? Is it really my birthday? Wendy thought as she internally huffed.

While eating, her phone suddenly lights up indicating she received a text message. She immediately put her eating utensils down on her plate which results to a loud clanking noises noticed by the happy couple occupying the table beside her. 

Yeri. It was Yeri who texted her a warm birthday greetings. 

After finishing her hearty meal, she decided to go back to her apartment – slouching and walking slower than her usual power walk. 

As she neared to her studio unit she felt her phone vibrate on her back pocket. 

Without looking at the caller ID, she answers the call.

"Happy birthday Wannie!" 

Her right ear was assaulted by a loud greeting even before she can speak.

"Seulgi?" she hesitantly questioned the voice on the other line.

"Yeah, Seulgi." the other woman answered still full of energy.

"Uhmm...Thanks Seul." Wendy replied while trying to hide the slight disappointment in her voice.

Sensing the slight sad tone on her best friend's voice, Seulgi immediately asked if there's anything wrong.

With a dejected sigh, Wendy confessed, "Its just that Joy's not greeting me yet."

"Usually she's the one who greets me first during my birthday." she sadly added.

"Aww. Do you want to hang out later? My treat." Seulgi offered as she tries to console her best friend.

"Hyun and I discovered a newly opened diner a couple of hours away from here—are you down for that?" Seulgi asked cheerfully.

"M'kay. Thank you Seul. I really appreciate it." Wendy replied sincerely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With her fist pumping in the air, Joy loudly announced that Seulgi were able to convinced Wendy to hang out later indicating that the first part of their mission was a success. 

"I hate knowing that my Wani is probably sad to the extremes at the moment." Joy admitted sadly –almost resembl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter