Chapter 1

Add To Playlist

 

 

Live on VLIVE, Mino was just chatting casually as usual with Inseos until his phone (or other phone) kept vibrating. Mino angles himself away slightly from view and checks his phone. He smirks as he reads his notification badges. 

 

 

JinuHyung: Mino

JinuHyung: Mino

JinuHyung: Mino

JinuHyung: Mino-ya

JinuHyung: MI. NO. YA. 

JinuHyung: Yah! Song Mino!

JinuHyung: Really... 

JinuHyung: Woah really... Not gonna reply? 

JinuHyung: Seriously, if you're gonna play music, not too loud...

JinuHyung: I can hear you too.

JinuHyung: Mino!!!!

 

 


 

There are times where he thinks Mino does this on purpose but he also doesn't want to think full of himself. He knows Mino listens to his music loud whenever he paints or works on something new (probably more music for his solo which he gets tons of spoilers of). Sometimes he just shares music with their beloved fans on Vlive. Usually he doesn't mind this, there are times where his type of music vibes with him too (a.k.a. Honestly by Pink Sweats, it was a really good song he already added it to his playlist, he even recommended it in an interview). 

 

But sometimes it was just way too loud that his mind is getting garbled by the foreign languages he doesn't know the meaning to and this also messes with the times he wants to watch his dramas or recap of his sports. Sure, he can easily remedy this by wearing headphones but there are times he thinks he hears something else passing through his ears (maybe he just needs to buy better headphones) or his heart goes with the beat from the other side.

 

His heart beating even whenever he thinks of the owner of today's playlist but his patience can run dry too. He had just texted his housemate several texts and he hadn't heard any changes from the volume. What must he be doing right now that he isn't seeing his texts (he usually does, he knows this... it's become a habit some sort). Jinwoo decides to check in Mino's Vlive. It was still ongoing but before clicking on it, he looks for his other phone that's logged in with a different account (just to be safe, can't have ICs go more crazy over this time of night). 

 

He clicks and Mino is on screen. His heart skipped. He reads the chat to catch up on what's happening. He reads some asking Mino to say hello to them. Asking more about his current hobbies. Some he even reads about the loudness of his music and if it was bothering him, he smiled at the concern of some for him. Mino was busy looking at stuff, touching them offscreen. Inseos and him are curious alike. What if I text him again... what will he do? He wondered. 

 

 

JinuHyung: Mino...

JinuHyung: Mino-ya... 


 

He hears Mino's phone vibrate and sees Mino's eyes widen in acknowledgement but proceeds to whatever he was doing. Slightly annoyed that he was ignored, he sent more texts. 

 

 

JinuHyung: Mino 

JinuHyung: Mino

JinuHyung: Mino

JinuHyung: Oi! 

JinuHyung: Are you really not gonna read this? 

JinuHyung: At least lower the volume of you music 

JinuHyung: YAH! 

 

 

He watches him look at his phone again. Was that a smile on him? He didn't want to believe it. What the heck is he doing? He sent a few more streams of texts calling for Mino, even sending him a few cute stickers and emojis. He only gets vibrations and smiles from Mino. Ahhh, really... he wanted to wipe that smile off his face. 

 

He reads the chat and they're curious as to why Mino's phone was vibrating so much. Who was messaging him. Some have said maybe a girlfriend (pfft sure). Maybe it was Yoon about new music for Winner (could be). Or Hoon about whatever random they're up to (god, he hopes not). Some even guessed it was him. Some asked him to reply to the person already. Thank you, Inseo, for saving me. 
 

 

JinuHyung: Waaah, really? Ignoring me now? Fine then

 

 

He saw Mino's smile widen as if teasing and finally took hold of his phone and started typing. 
 

 

Mino: Hyuuuuuung, sorry I didn't see it! My phone was away from me. Will do, will do. Don't ignore me, hyunggggg


 

And he sent a bunch of emojis as if they were aegyo to pacify his hyung. It works and Jinwoo smiles when he hears the music go down a bit. He was about to close the Vlive when he took a look at Mino. He sends a thank you. Mino seems to have seen it. 

 

Oh, thank you? Thank you for what, haha. I've only been showing you myself, haha. You're welcome whatever it is.

 

It made Jinwoo surprised by the reaction. He took a look at the phone he was holding and it was the one where he was watching the live on. He almost panicked and backtracked on the chat to check which account he had used.


 

peachsoju: Thank youuu~~~ 

peachsoju: 🥺🥺 


 

He felt relieved it wasn't the official account or he would have been caught watching his Vlive. Not that it was a big deal but he felt like he had snooped on something. He remembers Mino's smile. That tease. Or was he? He didn't want to assume. 

 

That night, he wasn't able to sleep. He didn't even watch the drama he had downloaded. He still kept Mino's live on while listening to the song reverberating through their wall. 


 

[ Song Playing: Pink Sweat$ - I Know ] 


 

He looks it up. It was another song from that artist.

 

The song wasn't bad. 

 

His Song too. 

 

He clicked "Add to Playlist". 

 


 

For some reason, he decided to stay up late with Mino's vlive that night. Making him grumpy in the early morning and they had a schedule today, he was lucky they only had some photoshoots and a few interviews. He didn't want to be in a mood in any activity that involved other people around. He blames this all on Mino. Definitely his fault. Him and his music. 

 

Here, hyung... Hoon handed him a matcha latte. You are not you when you're hungry. Jinu grumbled, accepting the drink. But I'm serious, have you guys even eaten before coming? Not only are you two late but your face looks... not in "condition". Hoon said with air quotations. 

 

Is it that bad? He asked as he took a sip. They hadn't eaten because they were going to be late for their schedule. Jinwoo had slept through his alarm and only awoke when their manager came to his room. Mino... is still Mino, he was still a latecomer. 

 

Either that or something happened, eh? Hoon wiggled his eyebrows, insinuating. 

 

No. Nothing happened. Nothing but loud noises. 

 

Oh? His face was even more teasing. 

 

Not those kind, you ! I meant his music. He keeps playing it loud no matter how many times I've told him. It's as if...

 

He's doing it intentionally?

 

Yes! Jinwoo was frustrated. For what reason? He didn't know. He'd like to know the reason too.

 

Well why do you think he's doing it?

 

I just told you I didn't know. What do you think?

 

Hmm... Hoon crossed his arms, almost looking seriously thinking about it. Maybe he wants your attention.

 

We live in the same house, Hoon. Have you forgotten?

 

Yeah but have you seen each other lately?

 

We just did earlier? Jinwoo pointed out the obvious. How can they not? They had schedules together. And lived together if anyone forgot.

 

I meant like... Even Hoon felt frustrated. Have you two even gotten the time to hang out OUT of work? Talked to each other besides during our schedules? Or at the company? Like as friends?

 

This made Jinwoo think. Lately, they actually hadn't been. They were all busy with the upcoming comeback, album shoots, interview, you can name it. Mino himself was also busy with his own schedules. Being the nation’s trendsetter is a big job and also working on songs for WINNER and for his own solo. He was literally everywhere. His whole being loud enough for the world to see. Mino deserved it for how hard he has worked all his life. 

 

You guys even live together but don’t see each other. Hoon breaking his train of thought. 

 

Hey, he’s been busy.

 

And you’ve been cooped up in your room. Hoon said smugly.

 

I didn’t ask for an attack, Hoon. When did this become about me? Punching Hoon at the arm. 

 

I’m just speaking the truth and now I think you two should talk more. Yeah, everyone has been busy but a simple how are you doesn’t hurt you know. And besides SNS exists for that reason too. All you send to us are cutesy stickers in our group chat most of the time. 

 

Jinwoo just sighed. Hoon was just straight to the point at most times, he wanted him to shut up. 

 

Hyung, I didn’t say that to make you feel bad. The stickers are cute. 

 

Really now?

 

No, I’m not. Obviously, we don’t have to text each other always. That’s crazy. I’m just saying a little goes a long way, you know? 

 

He was right. He wondered when was the last time anyone had asked him how he was. He knew that feeling. Jinwoo just nodded to it. Their conversation was cut short as it was Hoon’s turn to get his hair and makeup done. Jinwoo was still waiting for their stylist to finish matching his outfit. He was about to take a nap when he felt a weight beside him. It was Mino who took a seat beside him since he was done with his makeup. It didn’t take a lot to fix his face, even without makeup, he’d still look handsome. 

 

Hey, hyung! Mino greeted, smiling at him as if he hadn’t done anything. How could you be so bright at this time of day, Jinwoo thought as he glared at him. 

 

Something wrong, hyung? Mino’s face immediately turned to concern, looking like one of their cats when they sensed them feeling upset. It was rather cute so how could he get mad at this guy right in front of him. 

 

It’s nothing. I’m just sleepy. Jinwoo waved it off. Did you sleep well last night?

 

Mino nodded. Yeah, why do you ask hyung?

 

You did a vlive really late so you sleep at god awful hours. It’s not good for your health, you know? 

 

Aw….thanks for worrying, hyung. Mino grinned widely. Sorry if I kept you up last night. Since I did that, here… Mino offered his shoulder, I owe you so you can rest on me. 

 

That’s okay, Mino. Jinwoo considered it but he needed to get changed before their shoot and his makeup might rub off. Stylist-noona is about to be done with our outfits.

 

Then rest after changing. We’ll still have at least an hour waiting for the director to arrive. I heard Yoon mention they got stuck in traffic. 

 

It seemed like Mino wasn’t going to give up on the offer so he gave in. He did really feel cranky. 

 

Thanks! You should get some too. As he adjusted himself for his head lay on Mino’s shoulder comfortably. 

 

Mino chuckled lightly. It’s no problem. You’re the one most important here. 

 

That made his heart skip a beat. He paid no mind to it for now. Sleep was creeping in and he closed his eyes. Mino’s slight movements still kept him up as slowly reached in his pocket to retrieve his phone and opened the screen. Jinwoo took a peek at what he was doing. He saw Mino’s lockscreen was of a painting as he slid his finger to open, a music app was already open. He was listening to something before exiting it to watch a video. 


 

[ Song Playing: EDEN - wonder ] 


 

Jinwoo was curious so he moved away a bit to get his phone which startled Mino. Mino looked at him questioningly.

 

Going to listen to some music as I sleep. 

 

Mino nodded understanding and looked back at his own phone. Jinwoo got his, put on his earphones, and clicked on a music app to search for it. 

 

He listened.

 

He found himself liking it. 

 

He clicked “Add to Playlist” and proceeded to sleep.  

 


Note: My brain wasn’t creative enough to come up with a username. Sorry about that, haha! 

Song recommended by me. Pink Sweat$ is really good. Check out his other songs too.  I also recommend EDEN’s albums, especially End Credits and vertigo. They’re a great listen!