I Love You So

The Talk

 

 

"We need to talk." Tzuyu gently slides the headphones off of Sana's ears, wiping the older girl's tears away with the sleeve of her sweater.

"What about?" Sana asks. She doesn't want things to change.

"About your feelings," answers Tzuyu, tears b in her eyes, "for her."

Sana's eyes fell on everything but Tzuyu's. She can feel the guilt from the palm of her hands, clawing and gnashing towards her heart.

She only held Dahyun's hands once, only ever caressed her face that one time. Thinking that's the last time she'd ever be swayed. --

And now here she was, standing before the very moment she'd been fearing since then. Sana tensely stood, anticipating the question she wanted to avoid forever.

"Do you love her?" were the words Tzuyu struggled to let out. A lone tear escaped her left eye.

Inside, Tzuyu knew the answer even before she confronted Sana. But she wanted to hear it with her own ears.

"No." Sana lied. She never wanted to hurt Tzuyu. 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦.

"Okay." Tzuyu saw through the lie. She knows Sana all too well.

Tzuyu gave Sana's hand one last squeeze, the one she's been holding since. She stood up from their bed, took a huge bag and started packing her things. She doesn't want the girl who broke her heart see her fall apart.

"Tzu, please! Don't," cried Sana. She clung to her, begging.

"Please, let me go." Tzuyu choked, her voice cracked. She gently pried Sana's hands from her waist.

Tzuyu wore her bag and left. 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

Sana was left on the floor. Her tears fell relentlessly, she pummeled her heart. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘰𝘳! 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘶𝘴?! 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘛𝘻𝘶𝘺𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘦?!

 

Sana's heart never replied. She left town; leaving everything behind and swearing she'd never love again.

 

fin